It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria and Iran joining forces?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is some news like this(AFP) and this one, saying that a top Iranian supreme leader aide, arrived in Damascus "by surprise" to talk with Al Assad.
So, what do we have here, huh? Possibilities are numerous:
1 - Iran and Syria are joining forces to fight agains the "rebels", that we all know are being helped(even thou, indirectly) by the West. In this case:
a - Countries from the West will be like: "Hey, so Iran is joining forces with Syria, lets do sumthin'! Get those body bags"
b - Russia will not support Syria anymore(possibly China too), and UN veto by them will no longer be a problem for an "intervention"
2 - Assad knows his days are numbered, if he doesn't do anything, so, they will find a way to fight those "rebels" along with Iran. Maybe even giving Iran some of those chemical weapons. In this case:
a - West will be VERY annoyed, they will not let it happen, not in a million years, and again, "Lets get the body bags, boys!"
b - Russia may come into the party and say: "Hey Ahmadinenutty and Assad! Dudes! We supported you in the UN, you're stabing us in the back man!". And things get out of control very quickly because this can trigger reactions worldwide.

Well, I tried, but there's not point of view to see this as something good. Lets see what ATS'ers think about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Maybe Iran has a drone for sale? Good working condition, few scratches, voided warrenty. Will trade for chemical or biological weapons ONO.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
IMO, i believe there is a deal being done here between the two that follow along these lines;

"Assad, you know if you stay in Syria any longer, you will be killed, your chemical weapon arsenal will then be in the hands of the rebels that you are trying to fight against. What if i (Iran) let you flee to our country, under heavy security to keep you secure and safe, and in return, bring with you those chemical weapons that you have so that the rebels can not get them and use them on us. We can not risk the rebels finding out that you are in Iran while they have access to these weapons"

This will deffinatly stur things up, esspecialy as Iran has an election not too far from now, Ahmadilajahd seems like the kind of fellow who would prefer to go out in a bang that a fizzle.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

What's funny is that the US trained Al Qaeda (or at least helped them along) and then Al Qaeda "turned on them". Now they are doing the same thing with Syrian rebels (who also have Al Qaeda in their ranks). Why are they creating more terrorists? Why are they getting involved in Syria? As to why Iran is getting involved:

On 16 June 2006 the defence ministers of Iran and Syria signed an agreement for military cooperation against what they called the "common threats" presented by Israel and the United States. Details of the agreement were not specified, however Syrian defense minister Najjar said "Iran considers Syria's security its own security, and we consider our defense capabilities to be those of Syria."

From wikipedia

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I just read today that Iran have blamed the USA for the 48 pilgrims who were kidnapped in Syria yesterday. So I'm not surprised that Iran are finally coming out of the closet here. They are not happy and I'm sure if the USA are allowing terrorists to destroy a country they have every right to be.

This is going to get very messy soon. If you think 20,000 + dead Syrians is upsetting, then wait and see whats coming. I can feel it on the doorstep.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
I just read today that Iran have blamed the USA for the 48 pilgrims who were kidnapped in Syria yesterday. So I'm not surprised that Iran are finally coming out of the closet here. They are not happy and I'm sure if the USA are allowing terrorists to destroy a country they have every right to be.

This is going to get very messy soon. If you think 20,000 + dead Syrians is upsetting, then wait and see whats coming. I can feel it on the doorstep.

That's exactly my feelings too. I can't explain, its like that weird feeling of "sumethin's wrong..."

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

havent you heard? Al CIAda is a American front....was created as such to start these proxie wars through subversion and to be the sole excuse to mop up other countries for their resource rights....its the same play they used in the 50's and 60's by implanting puppet leaders in these poop hole countries.

The US has been soley responsible for ever major conflict they have ever been involved with.....every one of them.

Expect nothing good to come from this.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It's really kind of odd. I read an article this morning (I can't find it now- it disappeared from the site I read it on) that said Iran was claiming that they are holding the U.S. responsible for the Iranians that were kidnapped in Syria. Could this be the kind of manufactured excuse they need to team up? It just doesn't make any sense, but then much of what Iran says to the media doesn't make any sense to me anyway.

However, it has the makings of a romantic movie story line: "It's you and me against the world baby!" Strange bedfellows but who else can they partner with?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
There is some news like this(AFP) and this one, saying that a top Iranian supreme leader aide, arrived in Damascus "by surprise" to talk with Al Assad.
So, what do we have here, huh? Possibilities are numerous:

We have a Syrian/Iranian stance.

1 - Iran and Syria are joining forces to fight agains the "rebels", that we all know are being helped(even thou, indirectly) by the West. In this case:
a - Countries from the West will be like: "Hey, so Iran is joining forces with Syria, lets do sumthin'! Get those body bags"
b - Russia will not support Syria anymore(possibly China too), and UN veto by them will no longer be a problem for an "intervention"

Where have you heard Russia and China will not support Syria anymore. From what I know, there stances are still the same and they will not allow intervention in Syria.

2 - Assad knows his days are numbered, if he doesn't do anything, so, they will find a way to fight those "rebels" along with Iran. Maybe even giving Iran some of those chemical weapons. In this case:
a - West will be VERY annoyed, they will not let it happen, not in a million years, and again, "Lets get the body bags, boys!"
b - Russia may come into the party and say: "Hey Ahmadinenutty and Assad! Dudes! We supported you in the UN, you're stabing us in the back man!". And things get out of control very quickly because this can trigger reactions worldwide.

Iran and Syria are close allies and I'm sure if they are both being threatened, they will certainly try to keep their ties close. I disagree with what you are saying about Russia. One thing that is happening is Iran are not budging and will make the West or Israel make the first move in any conflict. If this happens, you will see Russia and China possibly go to the aid, or get inside those two countries before the West does.

Well, I tried, but there's not point of view to see this as something good. Lets see what ATS'ers think about it.

I see Syria as a very high strategic country for Iran when it comes to Israel. If Israel were to strike Iran, Syria would be on the front line in retaliating, not forgetting Hezbollah in Lebanon and maybe Hamas also.

Syrias stance is clear. If any foreign nation is to invade, the chemical puppies come out to play.. This is the only way Syria will use those weapons because I don't believe they will chemicalise their own people in desperation. Iran are the same. If they are invaded, they will try and unleash everything they have. If things get too far out of hand, we may see the Russians and the Chinese intervene also.

Russia and China also have a similar stance when it comes to intervention. The USA and UN can blame them all they want for the deaths of Syrians, but when it comes down to it, intervention is a no no, I agree. This is not an international issue. It is being made an international issue simply because other countries are beginning to fund the terrorists whilst also turning Syria into a warzone. If Iran and Syria are invaded, the same should happen to the criminals across the pond in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I am getting that odd feeling of missiles flying left, right and centre... Iran will do it if they are attacked.. Its just a matter of when.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by DarknStormy

havent you heard? Al CIAda is a American front....was created as such to start these proxie wars through subversion and to be the sole excuse to mop up other countries for their resource rights....its the same play they used in the 50's and 60's by implanting puppet leaders in these poop hole countries.

Yes I have heard, and a lot. I understand what the hell is going on over their...

The US has been soley responsible for ever major conflict they have ever been involved with.....every one of them.

Expect nothing good to come from this.

It would be pretty hard to say they haven't been involved
Of course nothing good is going to come from this. Israel will be the fire-starters though when it comes to Iran and that is probably a bigger concern then what is happening in Syria right now. Iran will go nuts on Israel.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Looks like Afghanistan is in trouble too the defense minister resined today. So things are moving on faster than we thought...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I am getting that odd feeling of missiles flying left, right and centre... Iran will do it if they are attacked.. Its just a matter of when.

I would only hope that any missiles fired in defense would land squarely on top of the criminal trash causing this aggressive illegal war -- wherever they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Chess originated in the Indus Valley, but was developed by Persians in around AD600.

The Persian apostate leader is only playing a chess game, but human lives are the pieces. It would be foolish of him to think that he could win, even if Persians developed that game. They are not the masters. World's humanity is.

To win a chess game, one must NEVER react immediately to the oppenent's move, but rather, pause and think several logical moves that will be played out with that one move by him.

And then, make an absolutely new move that goes against his most rational plan, even if it means not eating up that offered piece.

The principle is to never to allow the opponent dictate your move, but rather, you dictate the moves and let him react. Sooner or later, he will trip up and lose.

That persian apostate had already start to trip up. Many of his funded terrorism groups sent out around the world to destablize arab nations had already woken up. The feeling of being used is never fun. Iran had long time had no cases of terrorism in its land while Sunni arab states and the free world are constantly targeted.

Comprehensible, as the hand that feeds the terrorists will ensure covertly the fools will not return back. My only hope is that our fellow human brothers and sisters in Iran be spared. The policy of using others to kill lay with the leader, not the common masses.

Israel - only fellow children of the Book, was but a present time and era convenient pawn to be sacrificed, so that the ancient Shia-Sunni fued not be on the minds of the Sunnis busy with hatred and fights against a clueless Israel and world, while the Persian apostate leader builds up his nuke capability to protect himself and his deluded ascension to god hood, to rule over arab states and hold the world hostage to get his way, the way North Korea does with their nukes.

Arab states best deploy more troops bordering Persia, for security, to ensure that no more 'funded militants or 'pilgrims' from Persia' gets to leave that country and that Persia apostate doesn't screw around with surprises.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

well persians may be good at political chess but I think you have confused the white and black side !
some sort of terrorism that west calls it Jihadists are born in Saudi Arabia under the concept of Wahabism. those that alter the Quran and read it a lot but can not realize it. and they kill innocent people, suicide bombing especially against Shias by the excuse of Jihad ! while they are lieing this is not Jihad and they are not Sunnies. but Wahabists.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There were pictures posted today on The Aviationist that allegedly show a possibly Iranian F-5 Tiger (I say allegedly because the video of a Syrian L-39 being shot down, and a Syrian plane hit by a missile were proven false, and Turkey also flies the F-5), flying over the city of Homs. The photo was allegedly taken August 6th, but the exif shows August 30th.

Tehran recently admitted to helping Syria, and Iran Air, and Mahan Air planes have been seen at the Damascus airport. Iran Air, Mahan Air, and Yas Air were all added to a State Department list as entities that are assisting the Assad administration. Iran Air and Mahan Air were designated in 2011 for assisting the Iranian Guard, and the Iranian missile program. Yas Air has been used to transport weapons and personnel for the Iranian Guard. Mahan Air has been flying personnel to and from Syria and Iran for training.

theaviationist.com...

www.treasury.gov...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Syria and Iran joining forces?

What next? The UK licking the US ass all the time?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Iran has been sending forces into Syria for almost 3 months, on record and open.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Iran has been sending forces into Syria for almost 3 months, on record and open.

This, not exactly a secret.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It's coming sooner than most people know. I have a close family member in the army that has just been told to be ready to deploy on short notice to Syria. Several of them have been doing some training in Louisiana which is a long way from where they are stationed. Whatever the training is they must not be able to do it where they are so they are traveling hundreds of miles to LA for it. Anyway, I guess the training is done and they are waiting to see what's next. and they are not traveling or coming home some weekends like they were a couple of months ago they are all staying real close to the base.

top topics

join