It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environmental activists responsible for justifying lawbreaking and inciting panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Environmental activists responsible for justifying lawbreaking and inciting panic

I came across the article linked below and almost fell off my chair from the hypocrisy and hidden agenda entailed within;

We are all environmentalists now. So why aren't activists happy the RCMP is watching for terrorists infiltrating their organizations?

Why is any of this necessary when environmentalists are mainstream in Canada, the U.S. and Western Europe? The air is cleaner, the water doesn't burn, we care about endangered species, and politicians, academics and voters are on their side. They should be happy the police are too, guarding against violent lunatics creeping into their camp.

Anyone else see what I see?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The air is cleaner, the water doesn't burn, we care about endangered species,

But the water does catch on fire

and politicians, academics and voters are on their side

No they aren't. There is a breed of Republicans who think that we should bend over and pollute our lands so corporations can make profits.

Now consider this 2000 statement still posted on the radical Animal Liberation Front website:

ALF is not an environmentalist group. it is for animal liberation.

#Fail Article

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That's insane...and they expect us to drink that crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Sadly, not only do they expect us to drink this crap...They know most will

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wonder what happens if you leave the water on for a really long time then light a match?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

By no means am I a Scientists but if it's anything like turning on a gas stove and leaving it for awhile..."Boom" comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sigh. Calling this stuff out as being 'hypocritical' or having a 'secret agenda' is a pretty darned big stretch. I've known many people who espouse the same views with no agenda on their mind. And it's pretty darned close in sentiment to a lot of the right wing stuff that comes out about "citizen's arrests" and "exercising your Second Amendment rights", at least as far as the whole "lawbreaker" angle goes.

I know it's hard for a lot of people to accept that someone honestly, actually, truly _disagrees_ with them, but suck it up. Rational people can disagree, even if one or both of them are wrong. These people generally _actually believe_ what they say about the environment. And that doesn't make them "dupes".

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

You obviously didn't read the article as the "hypocritical" and "hidden agenda" wasn't necessarily aimed at environmentalists nor their beliefs but rather the fact that the RCMP are monitoring and infiltrating their groups and the author of the article is painting a picture that we the people should willing accept this and not be suspicious of their intent to do so.

top topics

join