It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does your state rank vs. national GDPs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, it's a record. Two additions to this forum in one day. However, I think those who come into this forum looking for pure cool on stuff will appreciate this addition. I ran a search and didn't find it under the name of the display this site has.

This is also dated 1/2012 so it looks like it's been around awhile and may stay around awhile. This is just fascinating to see comparable nations overlayed to the U.S. States for both Population and GDP in different tabs.

How does your state rank vs. the world?

I never would have guessed a number of them for comparing that way at all! I hope everyone enjoys something a little fun for a change though.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
From 1

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Lol. indiana is. Th equivalent of thialand, I. Had no idea our economy was so large, kinda puts things into perspective.

Fricking phone keeps changing words and adding punctuation when not wanted.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It's the 'Interesting Websites' forum, so no particular point. Nothing political in purpose. I found this in the process of researching for a different thread that is, but what I used there showed things in a very different way. This one is just kinda fun to see. At least I figure it's a fun diversion for Americans for a minute or two.

It occurred to me... This could have a point I suppose. It would serve as another form of fact check tool, if context to something useful has to be there. Just my thought.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
cool find pretty interesting stuff there i wonder how the US stacks up Against say the EU or say china head to head

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It illustrates a good point that many outside the US do not get.

Each state is almost a nation onto it self, in terms of size pop and economy.

edit on 7-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Oh, God! I live in Israel. Are the Gators trying to bomb us?

Cool find. Looking at how much Israel gets done, over us, our politicians have some 'splainin to do.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Can someone do Texas for me. I don't think it works from my phone. Lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Texas is Equiv to Russia for GDP and Saudi Arabia for population.

Now that is a surprising one too..

* California is Italy for GDP, Poland for population.
(Oh.. and Italy ranks 8th largest GDP in the world, overall for context.)
edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thank you so much!

Can you do one more? California. I heard they had one of the biggest in the world am an curious how it compares to counties. Lol or maybe even a whole continent in their case.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm glad this could bring some smiles.... If nothing else, trivia like this can be fun and I might just show it to my son for educational reference. At 12, it may be useful that way.. Hmm..

new topics

top topics

join