It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN quietly erases top comments from Syria related threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

This is the original link, and here is the original top comment:

Now look at how CNN quietly edited out the comment since they were disappointed their propaganda was not working:

One can see obviously there was nothing wrong with the top comment, but CNN needed to keep their propaganda running so they did what they do best. This is just one example of the subtle tactics they and other MSM are using.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nice find, thank you for sharing. Since coming to this site I have started taking a LOT of screen shots. I almost never did it before, now anytime I see anything really interesting, I take a shot. Your find is a great example, and I appreciate your effort. S&F

Edit to add: Wonder what would happen if you copy/paste the original and post it again. (giving the author credit of course)
edit on 6-8-2012 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Thanks. One other possibility is that the Propagandists en masse flagged the post and that may remove it automatically...? Not sure if it is removed all by itself or that CNN does it themselves though, but the fact remains that CNN is participating in active censorship of items that are not a gross violation of policies.

That would be a good idea to repost the original post whilst giving due credit. It got a lot of applause
edit on 093131p://8America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2012 21:15:02 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yep, screen shots are a conspiracist's best friend. Nice Find. S&F

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out.

I should have done the same (screenshots) when a similar thing happened to one of my comments on the BBC website. A few months back when MSM was reporting of the "massacre" in which they used a photo taken in Iraq almost a decade earlier... which was being used as "evidence" to support claims of the scale of this massacre.

I posted something on the BBC site along the lines of "why is the BBC using unrelated images/video as a means to persuade public opinion" and went on about how wrong this is. I ended up being banned (they disabled my account) after posting the comment... which funny enough didn't even appear on the site as comments have to be approved by the moderators anyway.

Not surprised that CNN is using the same tactic. I've witnessed it first hand.

It's selective journalism, using peoples contributions (in the form of comments) to sway opinions on the greater general public.

all i ever see on MSM sites which have comments on articles related to syria is pro-intervention policies.

It's sickening.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

It is the same media of the UK-US-Israel under the control of the corporatists, bankers, and Zionists who want war with Syria to expand more territory etc. This is not the first time it has happened, but I expected it to happen, so I prepared for it.

-'Chance favors the prepared'

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Thanks. One other possibility is that the Propagandists en masse flagged the post and that may remove it automatically...? Not sure if it is removed all by itself or that CNN does it themselves though, but the fact remains that CNN is participating in active censorship of items that are not a gross violation of policies.

That would be a good idea to repost the original post whilst giving due credit. It got a lot of applause
edit on 093131p://8America/ChicagoMon, 06 Aug 2012 21:15:02 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

According to the CNN comments terms and conditions if enough people flag a comment, it is "temporarily hidden" until a mod can review it. So maybe this comment will get posted back after a mod reviews. (Not likely, of course, but maybe).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I thought maybe it was bumped off after another post had more likes but the removed post had more. Then I thought it was bumped for a newer post but the removed post was newer.

Is it there at all? Was it deleted? Could the author delete it? Was it flagged by others? I don't know how the site works.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There are some good comments on CNN

But Yahoo is a basketcase

Some Comments on Yahoo - The Propaganda is winning.

Syrian prime minister defects, fighting goes on

They should execute him. If things were going Assad's way, you think he would have quit?

Lets hope they murder all of the Assad family! They deserve it!

It's sad it takes genocide to overthrow a horrible gov't ... bombers and helicopters vs farmers...

I have been saying for weeks that Assad’s days are numbered. A few weeks ago, some of his Arab leader friends on 60 Minutes were suggesting he needs to leave. It has been harrowing to watch him slaughter his people, but he WILL fall and whatever fate Syria decides for its destiny they cannot blame the USA for it. Let’s hope that the entire world is so disgusted with Assad’s behavior that NOBODY will grant him asylum to escape the justice he so richly deserves. tick tock

It's called rats leaving a sinking ship. They didn't mind Assad being a murderus thug when he had control, now that he's loosing control all of a sudden they have morals, yeah right.

Yahoo Simpletons Comment on Syria

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Maybe they reread it and realized how dumb it sounded n deleted it... Something i should do more often..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

(B) Changes to Terms of Service. CNN may modify the Terms of Service, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your use of CNN.com after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions or deletions.

(C) Monitoring. CNN shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content posted or uploaded to CNN.com to determine compliance with these Terms of Service and any operating rules established by CNN and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Although CNN has no obligation to monitor, screen, edit or remove any of the User Content posted or uploaded to CNN.com, CNN reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to screen, edit, refuse to post or remove without notice any User Content posted or uploaded to CNN.com at any time and for any reason, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content posted to the Site at your sole cost and expense.

CNN Service Agreement

Just like every site, including ATS, there are terms and services......

Nothing new. It happens DAILY on ATS.

BTW, I wonder if I posted Pro Iranian Resistance, On PressTv, if it would get deleted?

The media is bought and paid for.........

edit on 6-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It is the same media of the UK-US-Israel under the control of the corporatists, bankers, and Zionists who want war with Syria to expand more territory etc

That's propaganda if i ever saw it all the key tag words there : corporatists,bankers,zionists war in Syria has been Good for Russia sending arms and attack helicopters using to murder the Syrian people who are murdering the Syrian people.

Plenty wrong with that comment taken down which foreign terrorsits would that be? Iranian or Russian boots on the ground in Syria?
edit on 6-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I may be wrong here and I do not agree with what CNN may have done but isn't it up to the sites owner if they do/don't edit comments?

Just wondering if my thinking is accurate or am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Some Comments on Yahoo - The Propaganda is winning. Syrian prime minister defects, fighting goes on

Never mind that he "defected" less than 2 months in and was likely a plant that intended to defect from the very beginning.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

BTW, I wonder if I posted Pro Iranian Resistance, On PressTv, if it would get deleted?

The media is bought and paid for.........

edit on 6-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

It will be mod edited and if your reply is somewhat of an eyebrow raiser then your ip/username with variations will be searched throughout all 100+ social networks and you will be officially tagged for future reference.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
And guess what, any of us who question these tactics and accuse western governments of war crimes are now the terrorists in their eyes.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Great thread!

I recently was shocked when YAHOO, did the same to me. I replied on a thread about Romney...my post was something along the lines of saying ..

"Fox news is a propaganda machine as is all MSM, their goal is to trick the poorer, less educated, and MAJORITY into voting for the top 1% needs. So they spend MILLIONS on advertising, messages, and brainwashing us with misinfo...and the majority of the public falls for it."

No profanity or direct personal attacks on any other poster..then I got this message from Yahoo, threatening to SUSPEND my account, they sent me a link to "review terms of service" which was 20 pages long...If I lose my yahoo account for email, it's all tied to everything I own and do, bank, bills, contacts, social media, etc etc. I've had this account for over 12 years now. NEVER had a threat like that.

Looks like they are trying to slowly muzzle those of us trying to WAKE UP the rest.

Good job, keep spreading the word....CHANGE is COMING. The truth can't hide forever!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Lets all add OUR comments, and see how they keep on top of them
aha.

It wont let me comment
whyy??
edit on 7-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

It is the same media of the UK-US-Israel under the control of the corporatists, bankers, and Zionists who want war with Syria to expand more territory etc

That's propaganda if i ever saw it all the key tag words there : corporatists,bankers,zionists war in Syria has been Good for Russia sending arms and attack helicopters using to murder the Syrian people who are murdering the Syrian people.

Plenty wrong with that comment taken down which foreign terrorsits would that be? Iranian or Russian boots on the ground in Syria?
edit on 6-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Didn't you know, neo96? It's only decadent, zionist traitors that use propaganda.

Russia, Syria, Iran, China...nah, they don't stoop to that level. Just imagine living in those free and open societies!

I suppose we can all dream.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
there is a news war about Syria, have you ever heard of what is going on in Bahrain or Yemen or Saudi (the friends of Syria!!!) do people carry Gun in their protests therein, what is the difference between terrorism and protests?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join