It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to hear my crazy theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am posting this in the Gray Area because despite two years of proof in the form of photos, videos, scientific papers and eyewitness testimony people are more likely to believe in vampires and zombies than any Moon change topic.
My last post included a series of photos from a kid in Ireland, all from the same kid, all taken in the same spot that clearly showed the Moon in some very unusual positions. That thread was moved to the "Hoax" bin after the usual band of disinformation clowns jumped all over it, I let it go but I now have proof from an actual ASTRONOMER.
All along the argument has been "if something was wrong the astronomy community would be talking about it" well guess what, they are talking about it, just not with you.
In this case the astronomer discovered this by accident, just like the kid in Dublin, only the astronomer realized what he saw and actually documents it. He explains in his post how he, like all astronomers, usually focuses on a particular part of the Moon. They look for surface features, transient anomalies etc. so in other words they sometimes don't see the forest for the trees. Just read his comments and you will get a better understanding of why this is happening.
You can toss this in the Hoax bin, you can post pages of nonsense to divert attention away from it, you can use scientific terms to confuse the majority and you can just plain lie. What you can't do is downplay the importance of this information or keep the lid on this can much longer, the truth is coming out and those who purposely deceive will be held accountable.
pchris00pnc.blogspot.com...

edit on 6-8-2012 by Trublbrwing because: Forgot to post link.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I'm all for hearing crazy theories. It makes for good reading. So basically the moon isn't following the same path in the sky, right? Wait... that might be the sun theory... anyway, I better go read what's on the link.
edit on 6-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So, perhaps the Earth is slowly, but noticeably, tipping on it's axis, and they're not telling those who care not to know?

Could be.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've seen this addressed / responded to many times in the past but I always go to this response..

Every day, the moon rises in the east and sets in the west (although this may be hard to see on days when the moon is near the sun in the sky). This daily east-to-west motion is common to all natural objects in space (moon, sun, planets, stars), and is basically an illusion caused by the earth rotating in the opposite direction (west-to-east). When "we" move in one direction, everything else appears to move in the opposite direction.

In addition, there is a _real_ motion of the moon around the earth, in the west-to-east direction. If you watch the moon some night and carefully notice its position compared to some nearby stars, you will see that in one hour its position relative to the stars will have changed by about one moon-diameter. Because of this slow eastward motion, the moon rises every day about 50 minutes later than the day before.

It takes about four weeks for the moon to complete one full cycle relative to the stars. During that time, its appearance changes because of the angle at which sunlight hits it. [It is absolutely NOT because of the earth's shadow, as some have claimed.]

During a full moon, the moon is on the opposite side of the sky from the sun. When you look at the moon then, it is "fully lit," just as if there were a spotlight (the sun) behind your back, illuminating a tennis ball (the moon) in front of you.

But during other times of the month, the lighting angles are dfferent. When the time is near a new moon, it's as if the "tennis ball" has swung around so it near the same position as the "spotlight." In that case, it's the _back_ side of the tennis ball that is illuminated, and from our perspective, we see only a thin crescent of illumination.

edit on 8/6/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
So, perhaps the Earth is slowly, but noticeably, tipping on it's axis, and they're not telling those who care not to know?

Could be.

Well the "wobble" of the earth as it rotates on it's axis is an understood phenomena.. and could also be contributing to the illusion of the moon moving weird in the sky.. but I doubt it.. it's a huge cycle

mydarksky.org...
edit on 8/6/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I understand nothing of that...

Apart from it seems there's something unusual with the moon

Nice catch, ill take his word for it, unless he's proven wrong, and ill try do some reasearch,

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm no astronomer, but he was comparing "lunar libration" an understood and recorded phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This is very interesting. Please explain if you think the earth is wobbly or if you think the moon is wobbly. How does this affect us?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Both the earth and moon wobble. ANd it really has no effect on us or the moon. Here's an animation of the moon wobble...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There was a sci-fi short story a few years back, wish I could remember the author, where an amateur astronomer noticed an anomaly in the moon's appearance that no one else caught, took it to Oxford for verification and it turns out he was right.

Good story, and it supports that we rely on amateur astronomers and their observations so much, which I think is a good thing.

edit on 9-8-2012 by LanceCorvette because: to add a little clarification text

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wrote the blog post linked to at the beginning of this thread. I'm not thrilled to find it here as evidence supporting a "crazy theory," but thanks for reading.

As you may know, the Moon does not orbit the Earth in a circular orbit, but an elliptical orbit. And the Earth is not at the center of this ellipse. This means that the Moon is sometimes closer to us than other times. Kepler's and Newton's laws tell us that the orbital speed of the Moon increases when it is near perigee, and decreases when near apogee. Since the Moon's rotational speed is constant, when the Moon's orbital speed changes, the Moon appears to wobble, showing us a little bit of the "far side" at the eastern and western limbs.

Also, the Moon's orbit is inclined to the Earth's orbital plane. Sometimes it is north of our orbital plane, and sometimes is is south of our orbital plane. This lets us sometimes see slightly farther north and south.

I'm no mathematician, but these phenomena are well known. In fact, "Virtual Moon Atlas" (a free downloadable lunar map) includes this information in its ephemeris, which I included in the blog post. The librations were predicted with the VMA software, and I confirmed through observation. I'm no scientist, but this is what science does.

For a better explanation of lunar librations, try asking on this thread.

astronomer.proboards.com...

Now, I realize I'm going to be accused of using scientific words to confuse people. That's not the case. I use these words because it's the language of astronomy. Anybody who doesn't understand it is conceding that they really don't know what they're talking about, right?

Furthermore, I resent the implication that because I posted my data on my blog, not some conspiracy theory site populated by the gullible and ill-informed, that I was somehow trying to keep this information secret. I posted it on two astronomical websites, for the purpose of helping other lunar observers become better observers. I knew exactly what I saw, understood that it was nothing more than lunar libration, and left it at that. It was posted matter-of-factly. No hype, no fear, no exaggeration, no hysteria. Doesn't that give a clue that this is nothing abnormal?

And what exactly is your "crazy theory (by which you mean hypothesis)?" It's never really spelled out for us.

One last thing: please do not use my data ever again as support for an ignorant claim. Thanks.

Paul Christman

Calumet Astronomical Society
Observing Director

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I came here for a crazy theory.

I did not get one.

You, sir, owe me one (1) crazy theory...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pchris00

I would like someone to explain to me why I only see the waxing phases of the moon. My location has not changed and it bothers me that it seems to be on the wrong side all the time(so I looked it up) The waning moon phase seems to have disappeared. What could account for this? Iam asking a legitimate question so please dont ridicule it .Even if you disagree that it could happen, could someone please give me a possible explanation? Thankyou

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

It could be because the moon comes up about an hour later each night. If the sky is clear enough, no city pollution or clouds, you might be able to see your missing moon in the daytime.

Not sure about the above, it was just a guess.

I live away from the city, so I'm often able to see a clear daytime moon.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thankyou for your answer but I dont think thats the case.I have been paying attention to it lately and can see it during the day sometimes.However, the tilt also seems wrong although Im not an astronomer.One day I left my house mid to late afternoon and the moon was clearly visible overhead but when I returned around midnight it was rising in the east not setting. This disturbed me considerably.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

The waning Moon rises late, like overnight, when you are most likely sleeping.

The best thing I can suggest to you is to check your local newspaper every day. In the weather section they should give the Sun and Moon rise and set times for that day and probably the next day. It might be a great inconvenience, but go outside and look for the Moon coming up at those times. If you have no obstructions on the horizon, the Moon should be within a few minutes of the time stated in the newspaper (because they're not predicting for your exact location, but most likely whatever weather station they are using). If you have obstructions along the horizon, wait 15-30 minutes for the Moon to get high enough to observe.

If you dedicate yourself to observing the entire lunar cycle, you should be able to see from two days after new Moon until about two days before the next new Moon, assuming clear skies. Good luck.

join