It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonoid Torrent Site Shut Down as Favor to US Gov

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I wonder who's next Piratebay?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by makemap

Pirate bay was a target before demonoid was even on the radar.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

That ISP could be blowing smoke to save face to prevent harm of it's business practices, profits and loss of clients. Look at what happened to Cogent with regard to Megaupload and it's take down. It cost that company more damage than imaginable. They lost a lot of money, there credibility was smeared and they lost clients and possible future ones.

The ISP has been the main source of information from the get go. So it's in there best interests to control the information. Especially if they struck a deal with involved parties of the investigation to suppress there cooperation.
edit on 8-19-2012 by Flint2011 because: Typos

Note: There is a block of the sale of the domain names due to legalities as well.

Source: Demonoid Domain Sale Banned Over Legal Issues
edit on 8-19-2012 by Flint2011 because: Add link

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

I hate to break the news, but no private tracker is safe. I know this because I know a lawyer for the RIAA/MAFIAA. Part of their job is just to torrent their own stuff, joining these exclusive trackers and communities. Banning the IP blocks that belong to the RIAA/MAFIAA did nothing to prevent this as the lawyers use domestic connections.

The sad part: the lawyers still don't actually purchase media for their personal use. They illegally download a lot of their stuff just like us. Absolute scumbags that don't follow their own rules. The difference is that they know the safer alternatives and when **** is about to hit the fan with other sources.

edit on 8/22/2012 by Lysis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join