It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Chick-fil-A "non-story" exposes the Hypocritical agenda of LGBT Community.

page: 31
51
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Not the ones I know...




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Annee
 


Not the ones I know...


LOL you mean fake being straight?

They shouldn't have to.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I do not believe we are fallen creatures. I do not see civilization decaying - - I see it changing.


Well, this is where you and I will probably have our differences.
I do agree that civilization is changing, but as I look at history, I see it seems cyclical. First one, than another civilization becomes dominant. Sometimes it decays, sometimes radically progresses. Always in flux, yes.

As far as humans being fallen--humanity pre-WWI had an optimistic, naive view of human's nature. They learned the hard way that humans were fallen, so they put their faith in the League of Nations to save them. They then learned that wouldn't work either. As fantastic as the Internet is, it cannot change the human heart--simply make the mind more aware. Let's learn from history, and try not to repeat it.


Unfortunately, we're kinda veering off topic, which is fine with me (this discussion is fascinating) but is likely to get us shut down, and I'm busy these days, so I won't be able to be online as much for a while. Thanks for the great conversation--I hope we can do it again soon.

Oh, and I am familiar with the phrase "brain scan"
but I'm not real certain as to its relevance here?
I'd love to hear more about it though.
Thanks!



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent

Unfortunately, we're kinda veering off topic, which is fine with me (this discussion is fascinating) but is likely to get us shut down, and I'm busy these days, so I won't be able to be online as much for a while. Thanks for the great conversation--I hope we can do it again soon.


OK - last post.

Prior to a generation of freedom to be who you are - - - we played roles.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


To get back on track.


Take Hate Off the Plate


A renowned chef (and fried chicken fan) responds to Chic-Fil-A's opposition to gay marriage

Art Smith | August 14, 2012

Recently, Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy had some unkind things to say about gay families, and a lot of people (present company included) didn’t care for his comments one bit. That shouldn’t surprise you: I’m a gay man, I’m married, I’m from the South — raised in a Southern Baptist family — and I’m a chef. So an Atlanta-based fast food baron talking about how he understands the Bible enough to say that my life and marriage isn’t legitimate doesn’t sit well with me.

A lot troubles me about this debate, but beyond the cherry-picking of scriptures to reinforce bigotry or the message that hateful rhetoric sends to young LGBT kids, there’s an element of this discussion that cuts away at a something that I’ve held dear my whole life: the ability of food to bring people together. It’s a sad state when “comfort food” tears communities apart, making so many people feel attacked and unwanted.

ideas.time.com...



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 

ok show me.
show me proof this decent man ever donated money to the kkk or american nazi party.
i get the impression when you say hate group, you actually mean religious groups who dont agree with your lifestyle choices and who dont want you marrying in their churches.
proving beyond doubt the lgbt agenda to define christianity as hate speech.
its also telling that you refuse to answer me everytime i ask why the lgbt presure groups are not protesting muslims outside mosques, after all you dont have an agenda against christians right?



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman
reply to post by Annee
 

ok show me.
show me proof this decent man ever donated money to the kkk or american nazi party.
i get the impression when you say hate group, you actually mean religious groups who dont agree with your lifestyle choices and who dont want you marrying in their churches.
proving beyond doubt the lgbt agenda to define christianity as hate speech.
its also telling that you refuse to answer me everytime i ask why the lgbt presure groups are not protesting muslims outside mosques, after all you dont have an agenda against christians right?


No, she'll point you to a Christian group that he donated to, that then at some point was loosley linked to lobbying the US government to not condemn Uganda's law of executing gays.

They use ANYTHING to push forward the agenda. Logic, reason, hell - facts be damned.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman
reply to post by Annee
 

ok show me.
show me proof this decent man ever donated money to the kkk or american nazi party.


Show me where I ever said that.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

No, she'll point you to a Christian group that he donated to, that then at some point was loosley linked to lobbying the US government to not condemn Uganda's law of executing gays.


Show me where I ever mentioned Uganda.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by gncnew

No, she'll point you to a Christian group that he donated to, that then at some point was loosley linked to lobbying the US government to not condemn Uganda's law of executing gays.


Show me where I ever mentioned Uganda.


Annee, you brought up the Family Research Center being "officially" a hate group, they're a "hate group" because your source references their support of Uganda's bill...

I honestly dont think you have no clue what you're saying half the time... just spouting off talking points with the occasional "Equal Rights!" thrown in for good measure.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by erictcartman
reply to post by Annee
 

ok show me.
show me proof this decent man ever donated money to the kkk or american nazi party.


Show me where I ever said that.


I assume he's referring to your blanket statement about "hate groups"... not recognizing your super duper reputable source....



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by erictcartman
reply to post by Annee
 

ok show me.
show me proof this decent man ever donated money to the kkk or american nazi party.


Show me where I ever said that.


I assume he's referring to your blanket statement about "hate groups"... not recognizing your super duper reputable source....



It is not a blanket statement. It is a fact.

You not liking the source is not my problem. It is still fact.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by gncnew

No, she'll point you to a Christian group that he donated to, that then at some point was loosley linked to lobbying the US government to not condemn Uganda's law of executing gays.


Show me where I ever mentioned Uganda.


Annee, you brought up the Family Research Center being "officially" a hate group, they're a "hate group" because your source references their support of Uganda's bill...


I never referenced Uganda.

Do I know about it? Yes I do.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

I honestly dont think you have no clue what you're saying half the time... just spouting off talking points with the occasional "Equal Rights!" thrown in for good measure.


I know exactly what I am saying.




edit on 15-8-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LGBT hypocritical agenda - - - ah ya - - right.

Well this is interesting.


Adam Lambert: Did Chick-fil-A Cost Him the Idol Win?


A Chick-fil-A franchise owner in Arkansas spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol.

BY Jeremy Kinser - August 15 2012

A Chick-fil-A franchise owner in Arkansas spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol, according to an op-ed published on Yahoo.

Lambert was considered by many to be a shoo-in to win season 8 of the musical competition series but lost unexpectedly to Kris Allen, a native of Conway Arkansas. The small town is also home to Allen Kiser, owner of the local Chick-fil-A franchise, who mounted an intense campaign to affect the outcome of American Idol in favor of Allen rather than Lambert, who was presumed to be gay but hadn't officially revealed his sexual orientation.

According to Yahoo contributor Kerry Kolsch, "week after week people gathered to vote at Chick-fil-A sponsored events. It was not just ordinary voting, but power texting with multiple phones and after-hour voting with west coast go-phones. Voters were encouraged to vote thousands of times each with free food and prizes. It was an appealing incentive in this sleepy collage town."

www.advocate.com...



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
LGBT hypocritical agenda - - - ah ya - - right.

Well this is interesting.


Adam Lambert: Did Chick-fil-A Cost Him the Idol Win?


A Chick-fil-A franchise owner in Arkansas spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol.

BY Jeremy Kinser - August 15 2012

A Chick-fil-A franchise owner in Arkansas spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol, according to an op-ed published on Yahoo.

Lambert was considered by many to be a shoo-in to win season 8 of the musical competition series but lost unexpectedly to Kris Allen, a native of Conway Arkansas. The small town is also home to Allen Kiser, owner of the local Chick-fil-A franchise, who mounted an intense campaign to affect the outcome of American Idol in favor of Allen rather than Lambert, who was presumed to be gay but hadn't officially revealed his sexual orientation.

According to Yahoo contributor Kerry Kolsch, "week after week people gathered to vote at Chick-fil-A sponsored events. It was not just ordinary voting, but power texting with multiple phones and after-hour voting with west coast go-phones. Voters were encouraged to vote thousands of times each with free food and prizes. It was an appealing incentive in this sleepy collage town."

www.advocate.com...


Hmmm... Well - considering the guy who won was a
Very outspoken Chrisitan, this may also be inferred as he encouraged people to vote FOR the other guy. This is a "half full or half empty" argument that is twisted to fit one's particular agenda.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Annee
LGBT hypocritical agenda - - - ah ya - - right.

Well this is interesting.


Adam Lambert: Did Chick-fil-A Cost Him the Idol Win?


A Chick-fil-A franchise owner in Arkansas spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol.

BY Jeremy Kinser - August 15 2012

A Chick-fil-A franchise owner in Arkansas spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol, according to an op-ed published on Yahoo.

Lambert was considered by many to be a shoo-in to win season 8 of the musical competition series but lost unexpectedly to Kris Allen, a native of Conway Arkansas. The small town is also home to Allen Kiser, owner of the local Chick-fil-A franchise, who mounted an intense campaign to affect the outcome of American Idol in favor of Allen rather than Lambert, who was presumed to be gay but hadn't officially revealed his sexual orientation.

According to Yahoo contributor Kerry Kolsch, "week after week people gathered to vote at Chick-fil-A sponsored events. It was not just ordinary voting, but power texting with multiple phones and after-hour voting with west coast go-phones. Voters were encouraged to vote thousands of times each with free food and prizes. It was an appealing incentive in this sleepy collage town."

www.advocate.com...


Hmmm... Well - considering the guy who won was a
Very outspoken Chrisitan, this may also be inferred as he encouraged people to vote FOR the other guy. This is a "half full or half empty" argument that is twisted to fit one's particular agenda.


I agree with you on this.

I preferred the other guy too - - actually.



posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I agree with you on this.

I preferred the other guy too - - actually.


Holly crap Annee, I think I just felt the earth shake...

Is this like cats and dogs sleeping together? The end times are nigh?

Alright, truce? - btw, you see the news about the nut job who tried to shoot up the FRC headquarters? I don't believe in guilt by association, but to me, this goes to show how the strong polorizing rhetoric - reguardless of what side the argument if falls on, can cause unstable people to jump.

Or in the words of the Joker:
"You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push! "
edit on 16-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Annee

I agree with you on this.

I preferred the other guy too - - actually.


Holly crap Annee, I think I just felt the earth shake...

Is this like cats and dogs sleeping together? The end times are nigh?


LOL


I really do try to be straight forward and focused. And not buy into hype on either side.


Alright, truce? - btw, you see the news about the nut job who tried to shoot up the FRC headquarters?


A nut is a nut. I could throw in the nut who killed an abortion doctor. But I don't believe a lone extremist represents anything but himself.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   




top topics



 
51
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

log in

join