It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today (6 Aug) is the (67th) Anniversary of the first use of an Atomic Bomb (at Hiroshima, Japan to e

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I didnt see any posts acknowledging this date....let's hope that we dont see nukes ever used again (wishful thinking). If the NWO control freaks were ever to pull a nuclear false flag attack they might do it on this date given the historical significance and if used against the USA they might want to make it look like some sort of retaliation (even if not carried out by the japanese). Mods feel free to relocate this post if necessary.
edit on 6-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The only way for that is to disarm, dismantle and disallow the creation of more in the future. Since instead more continue to be created and stored the future seems set in stone.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Man is a sad creature. He has such limitless potential yet squanders it on the path of destruction. Can you begin to imagine where we would be as a race if the money and time spent to develope weapons was put into medical and food research. How far into space could we already be by now? How long ago would cancer and hunger have been eliminated.

Those who fail to remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

Good point (and quote by Santyanna).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Well considering that they know there will be a need for killing long into the future( see "life" it destroys and devours other life) I understand the need for weapons of all scales. Somtimes you need to kill a lot of people to savve a lot more.

The japenese would not have given up, forcing a land invasion, which would have resulted in millions of deaths not a few hundred thousand. The japanese were acting quite empirial at the time, claim as much repeatedly, as they stated poblically that they were a great people that deserved an empire to rule over. As they invaded china, siam,the phillippines... finally attacking us at peral harbor.

Some always say, "we forced them into a corner" however I disagree, they could have stopped bullying their neighbors at any time, and they wouldn't have gotten crippling sanctions put on them. They wanted war and conquest, they got war and conquered.

The facts are clear, we used the A bomb two times, and savved millions of lives, and finally brought the worst war in the history of mankind to a close. I think that this is not a bad thing but a good thing. Yes we played with dads gun and people got hurt, but that was long ago and most alive today know nothing of this but the stories. We have though learned the lesson, as evidenced by the fact they have never been used once since. I think we are growing up fast in a big universe, we seem to be doing alright though.

top topics

join