It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So awesome to be able to watch Thank you much for the link. I enjoyed seeing the elated emotions . I even dropped a few happy tears myself =)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by foursecondpin

That is what i thought i heard, but i think he said msa

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I sometimes dislike ATS, but things like this make me stay!
WooooooO!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dcsti22

anyone grab a screenshot?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst
Lol someones like "HOLY SH~T!!!!"

I heard that! Ahaha!!!

I think we have to wait for Odyssey to get in comm range so Curiously can upload the data from its flash rom. Then we get to see it. So when I wake up in the morning, the internet should be ablaze with some more photos...

But we made it! We saw a wheel, a shadow, and the surface!

And it landed flawlessly. This is great news! We can use this technique on other celestial bodies!

link   
i wonder why they'd set the cameras angled down so that the first pics are of the ground directly underneath and in front of the vehicle ... curious to get those first pics of the wheels and nothing of the descent... and now another 2 hours before we see any more pics? that'd be easily enough time to play with any images wouldn't it

link   
reply to post by dcsti22

Ah Mission Support Area makes much more sense I got a Transformers 3/apollo 18 feeling there for a moment

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
one thing i noticed about the first pictures besides the shadow of curiosity is there wasnt any dust on the lens .

that must be a good sign that the crane maneuver was a highly successful idea considering they wanted to keep dust of this baby.
edit on 6-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i think the msa was the mission support area, www.nasa.gov...

link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
I sometimes dislike ATS, but things like this make me stay!
WooooooO!

Yeah, makes a change......................there is life on ATS afterall......................Oh, and mars............

link   
reply to post by Xavier85

awesome..

thanks..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

edit on 6-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
i wonder why they'd set the cameras angled down so that the first pics are of the ground directly underneath and in front of the vehicle ... curious to get those first pics of the wheels and nothing of the descent... and now another 2 hours before we see any more pics? that'd be easily enough time to play with any images wouldn't it

They have them positioned to see the wheels of the rover. Those first images were just to confirm that all four were on the ground and deployed sucessfully.

link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

read the thread and youll understand. they just wanna know they are on the surface and the window to relay information only comes around every two hours i think. they can just start streaming video the second it lands.

they know they have two years to show us the really juicy n pretty pics.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wow...I didn't expect it to be such an emotional event. An other score for planet Earth..

What next... manned mission?

link   
What a truly magical thing to watch. Those guys and gals earned every bit of their joy. Wow....

I'm glad NASA was putting out a live feed and HD. That really was incredible to see in real time.

link   
reply to post by Xavier85

Ahahaha. I dont think that's the screenshot we were looking for. But that picture cracks me up,i cant explain it. As soon as I saw it I laughed so hard.

link   
WAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

More awesome than a hundred billion hotdogs

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

read the thread and youll understand. they just wanna know they are on the surface and the window to relay information only comes around every two hours i think. they can just start streaming video the second it lands.

they know they have two years to show us the really juicy n pretty pics.

i have read all of the thread thanks.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join