Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
cnn just started some footage about the landing.

showing a pretty informative video about it all right now.

awesome so close.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here is a link to see 18 photo's of Mars which were published in July.............some awesome pics.......

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was born in 1965 and watched the moon landing on a small B&W TV with my brother,mom and dad.I watched the Challenger explode and the horrific tragedy on a color TV in a hotel room with my significant other,where we had just moved near the beach,and called my mom in IL after the explosion.
Tonight I am alone in my room but watching this exciting event on a high-res touchscreen computer and sharing thoughts,anticipation and emotions with people all over the world!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You guys NEED to click this link right NOW!

It's "Eyes on the Solar System" - a real-time NASA/JPL program that shows real-time telemetry of the craft! Click it now! This is the very same program that mission control has on their screens!

eyes.nasa.gov...$SERVERURL/content/documents/msl/edl.xml

You'll thank me later! Just watch that with a video open if your computer can handle it!

I have both NASA JPL videos open (two monitors) and the telemetry program. That program is cool! Don't miss this!

1,500,000 miles to go and it's going 11,867 MPH and it's about to begin entry into the atmosphere!
edit on 8/6/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
11 1/2 minutes until entry. Watch for yourselves. This is exciting stuff! I feel like it's 1969 and I'm watching Neil Armstrong land on the moon on TV!

I just saw it separate. Nice!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
You guys NEED to click this link right NOW!

It's "Eyes on the Solar System" - a real-time NASA/JPL program that shows real-time telemetry of the craft! Click it now! This is the very same program that mission control has on their screens!

eyes.nasa.gov...$SERVERURL/content/documents/msl/edl.xml

You'll thank me later! Just watch that with a video open if your computer can handle it!

I have both NASA JPL videos open (two monitors) and the telemetry program. That program is cool! Don't miss this!

1,500,000 miles to go and it's going 11,867 MPH and it's about to begin entry into the atmosphere!

SWEET--THANK YOU!! I'm so 'becited!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
yea the link eyes.nasa.gov is very cool 3D live simulation.
very soon and my fingers crossed!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
They said Mars is pulling Curiosity in. You can see it in the program, hehe.

It's speeding up.

And I like how in one or both of the videos, you can tell that mission control is excited as we are.

6 minutes until entry. Hearbeat signal is being detected, which is right on.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
looking at the names behind the people in the control room, i'm SURE i saw someone called "Fuk U"... did my eyes deceive me?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For once living in Australia has paid off for me. Our timezone sucks and usually we miss all the cool sh#t - but now I'm sitting in the sun on my laptop at 3.30pm in the sunny afternoon with a cold beer watching a human spaceship drop a god damn car on Mars.

What an exciting time to be alive and human
cheers for posting this man, until this morning I had no idea another Mars mission even existed lol. I've been living under a rock it seems

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Now being past 5:17 UTC (1:17 AM Eastern time), the landing has already happened (or crash landing), but we won't find out until 5:31 UTC (1:31 eastern) due to the speed of light lag of 14 minutes.

edit on 8/6/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
edit on 6-8-2012 by Koopa34 because: off topic

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
looking at the names behind the people in the control room, i'm SURE i saw someone called "Fuk U"... did my eyes deceive me?

I saw that. And the dude with the red mohawk.

1 Minute until entry. Buckle up - here we go. Their getting excited - listen...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Said Fuk Li.... lol...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist
For once living in Australia has paid off for me. Our timezone sucks and usually we miss all the cool sh#t - but now I'm sitting in the sun on my laptop at 3.30pm in the sunny afternoon with a cold beer watching a human spaceship drop a god damn car on Mars.

What an exciting time to be alive and human
cheers for posting this man, until this morning I had no idea another Mars mission even existed lol. I've been living under a rock it seems

Yeah, I lived in Oz for 4 years and was bored to death after 18 months...........enjoy something dramatic and interesting while you have the chance and a good time of the day.............cheers

link   
Here we go!

link   
It's go time folks. So exciting! Whatever happened has already happened. but now we get to find out. They said if all continues to go well,we may get pictures tonight.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
All Mission Control can do now is sit and wait (like the rest of us). They are in no control at all of the craft.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's slowing. They have data.

Parachute...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
They got this! It's slowed down enough!!! This is good! It's at 150 meters per second. It's gonna land, folks!

Ok, touchdown. Now we wait 14 minutes!

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join