It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pros and cons of ATS members regrouping if shtf ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
if we group together... we'd be easy target for hand grenade :O

I think I'd rather just drink a bottle of jack... and at the end of the bottle and in a drunken stupor... blow my brains out... and ascend to a higher level

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I will pledge to show the special handshake when I run across any suspected member in the FEMA camp....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Been reading any threads lately? No matter what it is about it becomes a name calling political brawl.
meetup? right; all you pseudo Marxists; communism advocates;liberals & anti-gunners; be sure to wear a blue hat in support of world collectivism.

edit on 5-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by rick004

i will be easy to spot.
i will be wearing my ATS t-shirt and sipping from my ATS coffee mug.

i only signed up to ATS for the coffee mug.

if you see me after the SHTF, bring water and a burger.

-subfab

U got an effin coffe mug?!?!?!?!?!!??

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's not like everyone would just show up and never have met. You'd start it right away like a place to camp out and meet up with like minded people, with the back up plan that if anything ever went bad everyone could meet up there if they had no other place to go. That way you build trust prior. And you try to find those members who have some kind of specialized skills to contribute, or are at least willing to learn. So we'd need someone who knows how to brew up home made vices in all varieties ha ha. Even if we ran out of food we'd have our vices in quantity to keep us going.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I could be totally wrong since I would really love to be a survivalist & I think everyone should not only just know how to survive but have actually implemented the tools in real life. Thanks OP for bringing the subject matter to attention & I read your idea as a positive one. My understanding would be meeting & organizing a group before SHTF. This gives the group a chance to get to know one another & to see everyone's strengths & weakness' which allows more organization so you can be ready & not on the fly. Members who could really benefit would include single people on their own, someone that relocated & doesn't know anyone yet (especially trying to speak to a stranger about survival) & others that may not have the same skills but other skills to to contribute to the group. Trust is a HUGE factor, Bloody Hell a major one for me in every day life. I mind my own & most people are aquaintances in my book, others that are true friends or family I would have their back & take the bullet cz I know they would do the same for me. There are many members here that have a wealth of knowledge, who can implement their skills, organize & teach other members in their group what their role is for WSHF! I think the group needs to meet before hand to be prepared, practice certain roles as well as learning & knowing all the skills in case the leader is taken out & you are possibly on your own.
I think numbers in a group are extremely important, not to many or to less. So under certain circumstances I would be all for it...also there is so much diverse knowledge amongst ATS members & I would expect to find very few people in an extremely small town to even be prepared or open to the idea WSHF. That being said I do not see a problem with hiarchy in the group since ALL you brains are not living in the same area are you? In that case I may need to relocate.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I'd be too worried I'd be one of the first to be cannibalized due to being a Christian

In all seriousness though, such plans are never a bad idea. But they are a terrible idea with anyone you wouldn't trust with your life. Quite frankly I don't know anyone here that well

if your a true christian .....and know that betraying your brotheren would cost you blessings in the furture and wrench your heart out of your chest for doing so .. then ..

knowing them throws it completely out the window.
because you/we already 'know' each other .. yes ?

Never said I was a "true" or "good" Christian, and God forbid I ever do.

wasn't meant it as a slam but more of an encouragement..

If you KNOW your a true christian and it's not something you do on Sunday morning to pass the time.. but, it's more of what or better yet.. who... dictates your actions.. then yes.. it's OK to say your a true christian ..

the servant will never be above his master...thus we live in a body that keeps us in that state..till one day .. all that will change

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thanks ! That's exactly the way I feel , it's good to know there are a few likeminded people on this site ! I think a lot of the so called " survivalists" on this site are very selfish and close minded . Do you actually want to spend the rest of your days holed up by yourself with a can of beans and a trashy novel you've read 18 times ? I think I'll take my chances helping and trusting humanity , if not I don't think it's worth hanging around !!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

thats what im saying, yes I do understand. I also understand it would be most selective to achieve.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
Call me negative or whatever, but there's so much diversity on here. ATS is not a community of like minds. There's probably as broad a spectrum of people with varying skill sets in your general locality, I'd take my chances with them rather than somebody who believes the queen is a lizard.

Yes we are diverse, bad idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Personally I dont want to be all alone in a survival situation. At first yes I will stay where i am and bunker down long enough to know if where i am is safe or not. If i realize I need to go, that is where a small group would be nice. not to large as to get caught 6-10 groups moving together fanning out watch every direction for everything. But if i could stay where i am i will. Im extreme rural area,, water under me and nature all over. I have studied on the eatable getation here and I honestly believe im in a great place. the nearest large city is obesver 150 miles away with a hot and dangerous desert between me and the big city.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I sure the survivalists on here would cross paths eventually---like a couple of peas rattlin' around the bottom of a tin can.

In the meantime, I'm sure I can find plenty of highwaymen and looters on my own, thanks.

Edit:

I meant to say, "gentlemen of adventure;" I'm sure I'll meet many "Gentlemen of adventure" on my own, thanks.
edit on 6-8-2012 by tovenar because: Tov found the more mellifluous term

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How do we know the people we meet aren't government shills who will just lead us to a FEMA camp?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by r2d246

Ya ! That's what I'm talking about ! Every region could have a chapter and we would pool knowledge and resources and decide on a safe area ? For example , where I live I'm on the border of Quebec and Ontario Canada , and only a half hours drive or a few hours bicycle ride there's mountains hundreds of lakes , and a huge aboriginal reserve about 2 hours north , if shtf we decide on an area where it would be safe abundance of fishing and hunting .

I think I'll head south if its all the same to you. I hate the cold.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

That will be easy, FEMA camps... Pro, will be finally meeting all the great people we only knew in cyberspace. Con, will be meeting all our nemesis's face to face only to discover they run the joint...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I can just imagine, have you ever watched the movie "The Road"...you know that annoying kid, the son....always bugging his father over stupid #....that is how I imagine some of you would be like.

edit on 6-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

My response is the same as the one in "A Christmas Carol". One of Scrooge's business acquaintences is asked if will be attending Scrooge's funeral and he said, "I would go if a lunch were provided". Peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I hope there is a meetup of ATS members. Some of them were very insulting to me in the past and ran their mouth like they were tough guys. Let's see how tough you are in a face to face encounter without the cyber space between us. You know who you are!!!
edit on 6-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join