It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo Hittite Statue found.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
While looking through some press releases, I found the following, which seemed not to be discussed or presented in ATS as of yet.

Archaeologists unearth a Colossal Human Sculpture in the area surrounding Ancient Antioch.

An international team of archaeologists recently unearthed a colossal human structure along with an ornately decorated semi-circular column in southeastern Turkey.

Both pieces were originally part of a monumental gate complex that provided access to the upper citadel of Kunulua, capital of the Neo-Hittite Kingdom of Patina (ca. 1000-738 BC).

"These newly discovered Tayinat sculptures are the product of a vibrant local Neo-Hittite sculptural tradition," explained Professor Tim Harrison of the University of Toronto.

"They provide a vivid glimpse into the innovative character and sophistication of the Iron Age cultures that emerged in the eastern Mediterranean following the collapse of the great imperial powers of the Bronze Age at the end of the second millennium BC."

According to Harrison, the head and torso of the human figure, intact to just above its waist, stands approximately 1.5 meters in height, suggesting a total body length of 3.5 to four meters.

As can be seen in the photo above, the figure's face is bearded, with preserved inlaid eyes made of white and black stone, while its hair has been styled in an elaborate series of curls aligned in linear rows.

Both arms are extended forward from the elbow, each with two arm bracelets decorated with lion heads. The figure's right hand holds a spear, and in its left is a shaft of wheat. A crescent-shaped pectoral adorns its chest. 

There is also some information on the column found, and the Hittites themselves.

Also, there a several other articles discussing this.

Warrior king statue discovered in ancient Mediterranean city

This Page offered some other details along with a photo of the Column, which seems to be a little worst for wear.

And another

Archeologists unearth extraordinary human sculpture in Turkey

I trust some find this to be of interest. I do, but I tend to enjoy seeing the neighbors and colleagues of Israel being shown to the world, in a time when most disdain the thought of a Israeli Homeland.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

* Pointed ears

* Hat

* Beard

* Big eyes

that is a gnome !

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by Shane

* Pointed ears

* Hat

* Beard

* Big eyes

that is a gnome !

A gnome with a red bandana. It's Rambo Gnome! It's even holding a combat knife!
edit on 4-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's been almost 3000 years since someone last saw that.

Think about that...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Funny, Hahahaha

A 13' tall garden gnome. You would think that would only come from Goliath's front lawn.

You noted the "hat" which seems to be covered in Waves, from my perspective. The article noted curly hair, but it is similar to some items the Dani carved in Greece, depicting the events of the Exodus, strangely enough.

There is a series of these carvings, which seemingly depict the events surrounding the Exodus of Israel from Egypt. This one in specific is suggested to be a snapshot of the Armies of Pharaoh being engulfed in the waters. The guy infront of the Chariot is suppose to be Moses, as the waves crash from above the Chariot following him.

Of course, many will claim this to be otherwise, but when the collection found with this is examined, there is a good argument this is right. Afterall, who are the Dani? Dan????

Not to be distracted from the original post, but the similar style of the Hat/Hair to me has some "water" meaning, of some sort, but I am no expert. Just someone who finds these things neat.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Funny, Hahahaha

A 13' tall garden gnome. You would think that would only come from Goliath's front lawn.

You noted the "hat" which seems to be covered in Waves, from my perspective. The article noted curly hair, but it is similar to some items the Dani carved in Greece, depicting the events of the Exodus, strangely enough.

There is a series of these carvings, which seemingly depict the events surrounding the Exodus of Israel from Egypt. This one in specific is suggested to be a snapshot of the Armies of Pharaoh being engulfed in the waters. The guy infront of the Chariot is suppose to be Moses, as the waves crash from above the Chariot following him.

Of course, many will claim this to be otherwise, but when the collection found with this is examined, there is a good argument this is right. Afterall, who are the Dani? Dan????

Not to be distracted from the original post, but the similar style of the Hat/Hair to me has some "water" meaning, of some sort, but I am no expert. Just someone who finds these things neat.

Ciao

Shane

Danis are people who travelled from India in pursuit of trade with middle eastern/ Mediterranean tribes, they were quite progressive but lacked nice horses... Greeks are direct descendants of ancient Indians who travelled to various parts of Europe about 12000 years ago...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthfinder666

You see, distracted from the thread. Aside from that, outside of your assertion, I can not find anything to confirm your view in respects to this. All things stem from the Steppes my Friend, and no where have I been able to find otherwise.

I would be pleased if you would send a Message to me with some links inorder to review these details.

The nearest thing I can find are Bushmen of New Guinea in Indonesia, and that's a far cry from India although removal of a few letters (o, n, e & s) and we have the same place.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
And for the record, I used the depiction of that carving to show the styling of Water. I didn't wish to imply it had any significance outside of that. So please, do not go there. It wasn't relevant outside of style. Who or where it came from is mute.

Okay???

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Like everything else, context is key. Can swirls mean water? Sure. But in this case the context seems pretty conclusive it is hair, curly hair to be exact. Unless there was a lot of water swirling around on someones head, which is kind of odd don't you think?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It reminds me of James Holmes lol.
Punx

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
this is pretty amazing...

They never stop finding things we never knew existed....makes you wonder...with a finite amount of possible discoveries...they keep rolling in....it is just awesome...

S&F.....nice.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
As he has a spear I say that its a helmet on top of his head. Probably a ceremonail boar's tusk helmet

Similar to

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
pretty cool, you can even see the sadness in his face like he can't change the path hes on

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
As he has a spear I say that its a helmet on top of his head. Probably a ceremonail boar's tusk helmet

Similar to

hahahaha can anyone see the bird in this picture, or just me?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In Irish mythology, the Danu is the mother Goddess of the Tuatha de Danna, in Old Irish 'The people of the goddess Danu'. She is said to be the Mother of all gods. Danu was the mother-goddess of celtic mythology and was worshipped as their protectress. Some say that she was also a goddess of wisdom and the wind.
Danu was often connected with water (rivers, lakes, springs, oceans, etc.) and was a symbol of fertility and abundance.

Sometimes she was identified with the war-goddess Morrigan and the fertility-goddess Brigit.

Her consort was Bilé (god of death). They were the parents of Dagda, the chief of the Tuatha Dé Danann.

Depending on which stories you believe, the Tuatha were the remains of what was left of the Old ones after the flood. They sailed until they reached land where the inhabitants were known as the Fir Bolgs. After fighting the Fir Bolgs, the Tuatha settled on the land, until the Sons of Mil arrived. Also known as the Milesians, they fought with the Tuatha who eventually retreated into the sídhe (fairy mounds), cloaking their presence by raising the féth fiada (fairy mist). Having disappeared but not died, the deities oftentimes make "guest appearances" e.g., Lugh's appearance as the divine father and Morrígan as nemesis to the Ulster hero Cuchulainn; encounters of Finnian characters with dwellers of the sidhe.

edit on 17/4/12 by rebelchildoflight2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelchildoflight2011

haha, sorry about detracting from the OP, but it just clicked in my head about the Danu. I never thought about it before, but prehaps the Danu were the remnants of the tribe of Dan? Anything is possible, I guess!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Shane

Like everything else, context is key. Can swirls mean water? Sure. But in this case the context seems pretty conclusive it is hair, curly hair to be exact. Unless there was a lot of water swirling around on someones head, which is kind of odd don't you think?

I do understand your meaning here. I think the Gnome comments and use of the Hat term, made me think of this as an adornment, which may possibly suggest the Sculpture was of the "Sea Peoples" who came into the mix with the Hittites, just around the Period when they suggest this fellow was created.

I know the researchers noted Hair, but really? Could it not be a Helmet/Hat? I don't know. I was just commenting on the subject, as the thought was bouncing around in the grey matter.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Now that you mention it, I wonder what significance there is in his Holding the Spear, in one hand, and Wheat (was it?) in the other.

I wonder what Marduk could offer in regards to that. Think you can arouse him to comment? The time frame is up his alley. Could he be a Hittite God for example?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelchildoflight2011

No worries. You History Lesson was nice. Dan are seafarers so travel to the Emerald Isle was never out of the question. Hell, in 580 +/- BC, Jeremiah, the Stone of Destiny (Jacob's Pillow or Lia Phail), and a Princess of Jerusalem came to those green shores and I think that's when you had your First King.

My point though is Sea Travel was common place.

Ciao

Shane

edit on 6-8-2012 by Shane because: speling

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

The first garden gnome!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join