It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tomatoes are Christian,' Egyptian Salafi group warns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by beezzer
1st bacon (mmmmmmmmmm. . . . . . bacon) and now tomatoes. All they need to do is ban lettuce, mayo and white bread and the BLT will become the sammich of heresay.

I think you meant Heresy, not hearsay, but I got your drift

That is funny, a heretical sandwich! You could "burn it at the stake" and have a toasted BLT.... Mmmmm

Thank you for the correction.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by deessell

so what ?

the : ""Popular Egyptian Islamic Association" "

appear to be a islamic version of the westboro baptists

Yes, and did you notice that it was posted in a Turkish Newspaper. Turkey, the Muslim country. My posts have not been anti-islamic. Did you read them?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Remember when someone posted that Islamists wants to destroy the pyramids and it turned out to be a fake troll. Now we get this.

I'm curious why most of these sort of Islamic stuff comes out of 3rd world countries. Perhaps they usually make up things like this and now they're just getting reported more often.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'd have chosen pomegranate:

Hard, ugly outer skin containing a lot of very random and irregular seeds that are held together with distasteful, bitter pith. Eaten seasonally on the whole. Hard to swallow. The juice is good for you, but you have to process out a lot of it first. So some goodness, but mostly bitter and inedible. A lot of work and commitment for minimal returns.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

What about Bahá'u'lláh and the Bahai faith? Wasn't he a Muslim??

He seems pretty cool. They have really nice temples, too. I've visited the one in Chicago.

(Didn't feel "God" there, but I only ever feel "God" when I'm outdoors.)

Baha'u'llah was a muslim, but his beliefs rendered him an apostate to both the Shia and Sunni sects, for his claim to being a divine messenger.

His message of unity of world's religions running along a common goal under our common Creator had been appealing to many. It is not my place to denounce or pronounce his message, for I am only a simple insignificant and nobody fellow human, and each human has his/her own free will to choose, so long as whatever was taught or followed would NEVER hurt or harm another innocent.

I am a follower of our Messiah, and strive hard to follow his teachings, and would never hurt or harm another fellow human, regardless of his faith, for we are all one race - human, children of our common Creator. I will only defend my loved ones -family, relatives and friends, if they are attacked by beasts or man turned beasts.

It would be the same with you on your basic world view, despite our differences. Our fellow human brothers and sisters of the muslim faith have yet to get out of the clutches of repressive senile old foolish leaders who believe in form than substance to progress and evolve, similiar with most mainstream religions anyway, drunk on power and priviledges religon gives but otten misused.

Back on topic - I can't believe a mere tomato had led to this discussion.........

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They better not eat apples either, cause if you cut one of those in half, you get a pentagram.

Bleh - that is so stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

crucifix check
tomatoes check
garlic check
vampires check

all the makins of a good friday night

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
Remember when someone posted that Islamists wants to destroy the pyramids and it turned out to be a fake troll. Now we get this.

I'm curious why most of these sort of Islamic stuff comes out of 3rd world countries. Perhaps they usually make up things like this and now they're just getting reported more often.

That was a hoax?

Buddy you just made my week!
I was spitting teeth when I heard they wanted to destroy the Pyramids.

I will search the net for confirmation before I celebrate properly though.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

It's Saturday....and you left out "booze check"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I just want to take this moment to applaud these guys. Because whats funnier than giving a food a religion? The fact that a large percentage of followers will believe it to be true.

Kinda like believing the official story of 911 and Oklahoma City Bombing and believing we elect our leaders to government positions.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It would be the same with you on your basic world view, despite our differences. Our fellow human brothers and sisters of the muslim faith have yet to get out of the clutches of repressive senile old foolish leaders who believe in form than substance to progress and evolve, similiar with most mainstream religions anyway, drunk on power and priviledges religon gives but otten misused.

The only "differences" between us that I can see are:
1) that you claim to be a member of an organized faith, and I do not, and
2) you feel that Baha'ul' allah (or whatever, sorry... don't speak the language) .....Baha'u'llah.. there....was not a legit Messiah, and I feel all of them were, including Buddha, Krishna, the Dalai Lama, Jesus, Muhammed, Baha, Ghandi, et al.....

Same message, different folks.....Otherwise, we agree completely. The Golden Rule is all that matters....

Namaste

edit on 4-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by HamrHeed

It's Saturday....and you left out "booze check"

Timeshift

+ ice cube rapping about smoking hay

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I didn't scroll down all of the posts but if you go look at the picture it sure looks like a German Iron Cross medal!....

this is just another WTF are they thinks moment in life?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Faker than a peg leg.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by NullVoid

Originally posted by NullVoid
I wonder if anyone notice about the tomato pic.
Resembles United Kingdom flag. Just saying.

It looks nothing even similar to the flag of the United Kingdom.
en.wikipedia.org...

You got the + then you got the x. Tomatoes are now royal fruits!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I just want to take this moment to applaud these guys. Because whats funnier than giving a food a religion? The fact that a large percentage of followers will believe it to be true.

OH Goody! More for me to Eat! As am writing this I am enjoying a yummy bacon,lettuce, tomato! Tomato's from my garden.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
There was a thread about this ridiculous subject made by "Stormdancer777" on June 17th 2012
Tomatoes are “Christian” Honest.,

Salafis/Wahabis are one the main reason Islam "seems" lost.
edit on 4-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

Yeep they seem to have lost their mind litteraly to duality and ego and that means they are in fact serving anything and everything that is not of Allah. Lets hope that they one day can wake up from their insanety and find their way home. This planet is such a mess when you look at it as a whole but is still evolving so many souls everyday like it is meant to do. Out of chaos are born the strongest of will and wisest of mind and kindest of heart.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by samsamm9
There was a thread about this ridiculous subject made by "Stormdancer777" on June 17th 2012
Tomatoes are “Christian” Honest.,

Salafis/Wahabis are one the main reason Islam "seems" lost.
edit on 4-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

The main reason Islam seemed lost is not because of any particular sect, but only upon petty minded individual within all sects - salufist, wahabis, shias, sunnis, etc., each hell bent on supremacy of that religion, each believing themselves right.

Nothing different. Happens to ALL religions anyway, when a small but vocal idiotic group claim superiority instead of focusing on the intent of divine Teachers' messages.

The Christians have the Catholics, Anglicans and every other domination within with small minds attempting to win over the largely peaceful minded congregations, similar with muslims, using them as pawns to fight for each groups personal glory.
edit on 4-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

No it happens to all people caught up in duality views for instance Religon/Culture/Nationalism/Economic rulling not only religious views within a religon and religon against religon. Duality and ego is always the problem and always what needs to be fixed and the cure is letting go of small mind/understanding and questioning yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
I'd have chosen pomegranate:

Hard, ugly outer skin containing a lot of very random and irregular seeds that are held together with distasteful, bitter pith. Eaten seasonally on the whole. Hard to swallow. The juice is good for you, but you have to process out a lot of it first. So some goodness, but mostly bitter and inedible. A lot of work and commitment for minimal returns.

Ya know, I suffer the injustice of having to endure this fruit. Because, there is nothing like it. I chomp into the hard seeds, to hasten the efficacy of releasing the juice of those staunch little buggers.

They should make a pomegranate grinder, like a coffee grinder.. but where the results are simply juice, sans the bitter components of the seed.

man I'm fangin' for one now.. the red stains of everything included!!!

Oo

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Delicious! Store bought tomato's don't even come close to homegrown. This is my first year without having a garden. It makes me a little sad.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join