It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tomatoes are Christian,' Egyptian Salafi group warns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

A potato ricer is my secret weapon

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wonder if they have figured out yet that tomatoes are a fruit.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Delicious! Store bought tomato's don't even come close to homegrown. This is my first year without having a garden. It makes me a little sad.

I give some of mine I have like 30 plants.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

SS, the group did clarify with this comment:

The message caused outrage among Facebook users, which prompted the group to clarify their warning, saying they did not tell people not to eat tomatoes. "We said don’t cut it in [such a way that it reveals] the cross shape.”

The power of the collective...FINALLY.

I'll bet the majority of the outrage on Facebook was from True muslims, whom are sick and tired of being led by the nose from the petty, silly and idiotic senile old fool groups in the Islamic world.

May more of the muslims, whom had the opportunity to gain an education, stand up more for the sake of their little opportunities given fellow muslims, torn by corruption, wars and misled by apostate leaders seeking self glory, to speak up against idiocies in Islam which the good prophet Muhammad had meant to enlighten and uplift a people racked by barbarisms of the 7th century, to progress and evolve, through substance and not hypocritical suicidal fatalistic form.

The days when a village idiot, just because he was not entrusted to work the fields or care for goats, and then gets to be taught ONLY Islam, including the mis-interpretations by man, and not much else of education, becomes an iman and leader of the community, ARE OVER!

Religion alone will not surfice for progress and evolution our fellow human brothers and sisters of the muslim faith whom desperately needs, to resolve the myraid and complex issues of an expanding population. Culling is not the humane answer, nor the divine answer, as much as some evil ones would contemplate. No human will sacrifice his/her own offspring. Those barbaric days of horrific human sacrifices and selfishness had been long gone in our planet of plenty, to be shared fairly.

Only greed, of power and wealth under the hypocritical pious community leaders remain today, and that is one issue modern muslims have to deal with. Failure will only lead to doom of both Islam and mankind.

Thanks to the tomato and the not brain dead humans whom finally dared to challenge the presumptous hypocrite pious simpletons, a start to a better Islamic future which only awaits......
edit on 4-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, I'll just take my carrots back from them all too. Hmpf!

Seriously, I wish I could think this won't be believed by a shocking number of people. We have pockets of true, deep ignorance here in the US that believe things not far off this. The lack of education is a truly scary thing and sadly, it seems to be the norm of some regions. Poor kids...That's who I feel for. The kids who hear this crap and don't have any frame of reference to call it crap.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

'Tomatoes are Christian..."

One word: HOMOSTUPIDUS...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I'm currently living in an apartment in Phoenix AZ, no room nor weather for tomatoes. I sure am going to miss those sweet tangy Jersey tomatoes.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Did anyone read this comment??????

Hahahaha. I'm Egyptian and this is the first time I hear about this. We don't have a Salafi group in Egypt called "Popular Egyptian Islamic Association". This kind of news appeared after the inauguration of Mohammad Morsi as a president. and any muslim know that this news are fake.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Did anyone read this comment??????

Hahahaha. I'm Egyptian and this is the first time I hear about this. We don't have a Salafi group in Egypt called "Popular Egyptian Islamic Association". This kind of news appeared after the inauguration of Mohammad Morsi as a president. and any muslim know that this news are fake.

Perhaps everyone thinks it's just another Taqiyya Sunrise from the Religion of Jihad (I mean Peace)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I'll eat their tomatoes. Then they have no one to blame but themselves for getting prostate cancer. More licopene for me.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

A Salafi group called the "Popular Egyptian Islamic Association" has warned Muslims against eating tomatoes on the grounds that the fruit is a "Christian food," NowLebanon.com has reported.

Yes, a christian food. This is based in the group's claim that a shape resembling a cross is revealed when one cuts a tomato in half.

The association published the warning on its Facebook page with a photo of a tomato cut in half, revealing a cross-shaped interior.

A message posted on the page read, "Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three [in reference to the Holy Trinity]."

The message went on to say, "I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the Prophet of Allah in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

edit on 4-8-2012 by deessell because: (no reason given)

so crazy exteme muslims are still crazy? fascinating

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I cut one open once and saw the face Jesus in it..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Also no window frames...massacre donkeys, get rid of cross roads, no putting your hands up shoulder level...pogo sticks are allowed because they are kind of satanic in their form. All in all Allah Akbar!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Fact: tomatoes get sent to the gas chambers just so they can ripen faster to put on show!
edit on 4-8-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I wonder if they have figured out yet that tomatoes are a fruit.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I cut one open once and saw the face Jesus in it..

Pics, or it didn't happen!.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I had to show my Muslim husband this thread.
We had a good laugh.
Whoever claims this must not be a true Muslim, all I gotta say.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Egyptians are stupid. Even with the internet they can't work out where tomatoes originally came from and their history. Why is it that Arabs come up with the darnedest of things, even in this enlightened age of information?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Egyptians are stupid

Why is it that Arabs come up with the darnedest of things

Really? I think your comments are offensive and racist ... poor poor stupid man
You're just showing how ignorant you really are

edit on 5-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is the funniest thing I've heard of in a looooong time

Right up there with "Pizza is a vegetable" IMO.

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 5-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join