It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has there ever been a US president elected who wasnt in the order of the Knights of Templar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There is various literature on the internet which presents a common and argumentative theory that all US Presidents in history have been selected/elected basically because they either belong to a family tree that is directly traceable to the bloodline of London Royalty, or they were a high level member within the Freemasons.

I have titled this thread " Has there ever been a US President elected who wasnt in the order of the Knights of Templar? " , because from what i am reading on the origin of Freemasons it appears they are a derivation from the Knights of Templar.

Are the Knights of Templar the original Freemasons? Whats their relationship with the Illumanti and Skull and bones society?
Has there ever been a US president elected who wasnt in the order of the Knights of Templar or one of their derivative groups such as Skull and bones?
Which Presidents didnt have Royal lineage?
Which President was more aligned with the people and against the Templars?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

There have been 14 presidents who were masons.

List here

The last being Gerald Ford. Masons are not directly linked to the Knights Templar by any historical facts. Many people have searched for proof, but to date, none have found any.

The bloodline thing just sounds too tin foil hatish for me.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
dont forget all the presidents BEFORE Washington, please.
edit on 4-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There may be various literature, but it doesn't mean it is right. Only 14 of the US Presidents have been Freemasons. On this last Presidents Day I wrote an article on the Masonic career of each President.

It is a romanticized theory that the Templars started the Freemasons as we know it today. The first person to ever suggest Freemasons came from knights was Andrew Michael Ramsay in his famous 1737 Oration, but he said we came from Knights of St. John, not the Templars. many of the Templar perpetuation myths can be easily debunked and have been. It is a fascinating study.

There are many theories to the creation of Freemasonry and exist manuscripts that date Freemasonry centuries prior to the Knights Templar.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Thanks this is informative info.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Masonic/ Templar connection is one of my favorite subjects to study. While its a fun fantasy to try and make connections between the two, concrete evidence is all together lacking.

There is one major commonality that both groups shared, though. The Temple of King Solomon is an integral part of the legends both for The Poor Knights, and Freemasons.

Cool stuff to ponder.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I thought the Masonic Lodge and Knights Templar were completely connected. My Grandfather receives his Knights Templar magazine every month in the mail and reads it cover to cover. He is 90 and going strong. And yes, he showed me where his apron is and made sure when his time comes he is wearing it. He is an amazing man who has traveled far. If there is such a thing, he is one of God's Noblemen.

I will have to ask him again about his magazine. He enjoys it greatly.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Only in the sense that there is a degree of Royal Arch Masonry called the KnightsTemplar. There is no real convincing evidence that Freemasons share a lineage with Templars.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

There is a body in the American York Rite known as the Knights Templar, but we take the name 'Knights Templar' in commemoration only. The KT magazine is a great magazine.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Thank you for the clarification. All the men in our family have been Masons. Grandma was Order of the Eastern Star. Amazingly good people.

I find the little history I have learned very interesting. I do know whenever Grandpa has come across another Mason he fully expects any transaction between them to be honorable.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

There is a body in the American York Rite known as the Knights Templar, but we take the name 'Knights Templar' in commemoration only. The KT magazine is a great magazine.

That's IT! And the Scottish Rite Cathedral in Indianapolis is one of the most beautiful places my Grandmother ever took me. It is so amazing!

OT, no Grandpa has never been President of the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

No worries!

And, yes, the Scottish Rite Temple is beautiful. My mom took me there while I was visiting her in northwest Indiana, it was awesome.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Yes, it makes one stand in awe of the sheer architectural achievements. It is a grand and intimate place, at the same time.

If any of you could recommend good threads to go back and read on the history...I would appreciate it. There are swords and hats with beautiful plumes and books in the nooks and crannies of our home that speak to a cherished history.

Thank you again.

ETA: Yes, Granpa traveled to Rosslyn...among other places, but never made it past the tourist area of The White House...although a man of his ilk would have benefited the country from the oval office chair. OnT attempt. Sorry OP and thanks for the Templar topic leeway. Fascinating subject.

edit on 5-8-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Another source of starting this thread was after watching The National treasure movies, only watched the first one a week ago. I walked away with the impression there was a sublimal message in the movie that the Knights of Templars and Freemasosn are one and the same. I realise now after reading through this thread the suggested link was injected into the movie story to make it more interesting. Im not from US im from Australia still its interesting subject all up and yes i am convinced now the presidents have a book of secrets.

top topics

join