It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is YOUR problem with the police?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Find me a single child of a police officer who was never bullied or mentally/physically/sexually abused by that officer.

Wtf are you talking about? Are you saying that all cops abuse their children? If so, then you dont have a clue.
I am the son of a 30 year police veteran and I was never abused by my father.
Dumbest comment ive ever seen on ATS.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Really? He never bullied you or used his position of power to force you to follow his word as if it were the law? Don't lie now!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by Juggernog

Really? He never bullied you or used his position of power to force you to follow his word as if it were the law? Don't lie now!

He believed in talking things out over force or violence.
He once told me this. To be a good cop, you have to be part social worker/counselor.
This was back before tasers and pulling your weapon was a very last resort, something he had to do on a few occasions but even after 30 years in S/E Dallas, he never shot anyone.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
When i was 17 i was in Panama City, FL for spring break. Parking is a mess there so hotels issued parking passes. i drove a 1987 Jeep Wrangler and had the top off on account of the warm Florida weather. Someone stole the parking pass off my rear view mirror and a tow truck showed up to pull it. i explained the situation to the wrecker driver but he did not care; he had already put dollies on my back wheels so he decided he was going to extort me for $50 even though the front desk admitted to confusion and issued me a new pass. i was not going to have this so i called the police.

Police showed up, i brought the officer up to speed on the situation and he replied: "So?" No help whatsoever.

i did not have the cash so the wrecker driver was going to tow my Jeep from my hotel since i could not provide the $50 'bribe'. In disgust i started walking off, threw might hat on the ground and exlaimed :# this!.

i continue walking away when i feel a tug at my arm. i swing my arm around in front of me and my new best friend the Panama City PD officer comes with it. i am #'ed. i get thrown on the ground, handcuffed, and placed ever so gingerly in the back of the cruiser.

Now i will be the first to admit that i may have been a little intoxercated and as such i might have been being a bit of a smart-# (better than being a dumb-#!) in the back of the car as i demanded to know what i was being arrested for. He could not tell me. i exclaimed " i have a right to know what i'm being arrested for!" He turns around from the front seat and informs to "# your rights." This angered me. i told him to go outside and tell the whole crowd that had now gathered that he said to "# my rights". To my surprise he got out of the front seat. i thought to myself: wow, he is going to do it. i was wrong.

My friend proceeds to get out and open the rear of the cruiser to lean inside to where i am sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. He leans in, not to whisper sweet nothings into my ear, but rather to pepper spray me point blank in the face. Well, that shut me up fairly quickly other than the screaming in pain. Let me tell you something, police mace is much much stronger than the pepper spray you and i can buy, and it hurts!

So now we are off to the station and i am in the back seat crying like a little girl: "please get this out of my eyes!" Keep in mind, i am handcuffed so i can not even rub my contact-filled eyes. Cops are required, by law, to wash out the eyes of anyone who had been maced as soon as they get to the police station. Well, my friend in blue doesn't want all this fun to end too soon so he stops the cruiser, gets out, and leans against the back door for 10 minutes to prolong my suffering.

This encounter, along with the fact that in 31 years out of All my encounters with the police only One time has the officer actually helped me, is MY problem with the police.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

You are kidding, right?? Do you have some statistics to prove any of that filth that just oozed from your fingertips??

My husband and I have been married for 18 years, we have 3 children. He is the single most amazing man I have ever met. He is a fantastic father. He is very involved in our childrens lives, from coaching sports to paying for private education (which he works his a$$ off to achieve). When I was diagnosed with breast cancer he took 8 weeks off work to care for me. He helped me empty the drain tubes that came out of my chest, he changed my bandages several times a day. He helped me shower and dress. He made breakfast, lunch and dinner for our family for weeks on end. He carted me to every single doctors appointment for months. He never complained, he never rushed my recovery. He is attentive and kind. He is funny and easy going. He has been a police officer for 17 years.

He upholds the law. That is his job. He does it in the most courteous way possible.

edit on 4-8-2012 by newsoul because: I forgot how to spell

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

He sounds like an absolutely awful man.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlightMare

Your response made me lol...I noticed that that poster hasn't been back, I wonder if they are digging up those stats.

The anti-police sentiment on some of these threads really gets me going. I know that there are some police officers that shouldn't be in the profession. There are doctors that shouldn't practice medicine, teachers that shouldn't teach. There are bad people EVERYWHERE!!!! Some people are just extremely narrow minded and need to stop stereotyping people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join