It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA approves edible electronic pills that sense when you take your medication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

FDA approves edible electronic pills that sense when you take your medication

For those who are avert to the idea of
eating microchips, you might be happy to
know the sensors are made of silicon,
magnesium, and copper so once the pill
has been consumed and broken down,
you actually earn a bit of minerals in your
body.
“The FDA validation represents a major
milestone in digital medicine,” said Topol.
“Directly digitizing pills, for the first time,
in conjunction with our wireless
infrastructure, may prove to be the new
standard for influencing medication
adherence and significantly aid chronic
disease management.”
I know I can be paranoid at times but I really don't like the sound of this.. now here is the line that gets me.

We could only wonder how long it will
take before such integration will come to
regular food products? If incorporated
into healthy foods, such as fruits and
vegetables, perhaps parents can keep
track of whether or not their children are
eating their greens and ingesting them
properly. The ability to track nutrition
breakdown via an edible sensor might
also help us regulate food intake without
the need to take blood tests to identify
malnourished nutrients and minerals .

Ok yeah, fair enough. Wait whut? Parents checking if their child's eaten their greens? You mad?

.. Ok fair enough, this is cool tech and the potential health benefits are vast but I certainly wouldn't want to consume anything of the sort. I definitely wouldn't want my child consuming ANYTHING like this.

To me this is just another leap towards the normalization of things like RFiD chips.. and that my friends is bad

And wireless between your phone, a skin sensor AND in your body? I'm paranoid enough about wifi and microwaves as it is thank you.
Full article
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Where will it stop?

They'll even be able to sense and track our poo as it travels through the sewer pipes.
We'll end up paying for each turd!!!

I've heard RFID is already small enough to be included in our breakfast cereal without us evn knowing its there.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I doubt that 'every child' will have one of these.

The monitoring should be only available to parents who then report to doctors, and there's no need for gps. The parents can simply adjust diets as necessary, or speak with their doctor if needed.

If they 'demand' that ever kid takes one of theses, and then legislature passes laws using this data to force diets on us... then I have a problem. I doubt this would get to that point, probably just end up in people becoming smarter as to what they eat and their bodies.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The whole RFiD chip controversy scares the crap out of me. The potential social-tyrannical ramifications are frightening to say the least.

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

The monitoring should be only available to parents who then report to doctors, and there's no need for gps. The parents can simply adjust diets as necessary, or speak with their doctor if needed.

If they 'demand' that ever kid takes one of theses, and then legislature passes laws using this data to force diets on us... then I have a problem. I doubt this would get to that point, probably just end up in people becoming smarter as to what they eat and their bodies.

Its the doors that tech like this opens that scares me in regards to what is 'socially acceptable'..

What is next? GPRS? RFiD in every newborn in the name of national security? To combat terrorism?

With nano technology at the state its getting to it is entirely plausible to imagine human computer like spyware.. Think about that seriously for a second..

I know its a stretch from the article but its one small step towards RFiD norm imo.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by VoidHawk

The whole RFiD chip controversy scares the crap out of me. The potential social-tyrannical ramifications are frightening to say the least.

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

Its the doors that tech like this opens that scares me in regards to what is 'socially acceptable'..

What is next? GPRS? RFiD in every newborn in the name of national security? To combat terrorism?

With nano technology at the state its getting to it is entirely plausible to imagine human computer like spyware.. Think about that seriously for a second..

I know its a stretch from the article but its one small step towards RFiD norm imo.

If you're 'worried' now, just wait... if you're around in 50-60 years, you might just have a heart attack!

Technology is always going to be developed, spying is always a part of the game... 'They' will always think that they're doing it for the people. 'They' is always someone different every day, and there's always someone voicing dissent.

I doubt RFiD chips will be implanted into every new born... I just don't see it happening.

Street lights that can listen to you, cameras every where, satellites, and everything that you use to communicate is essentially open. Unless you have money and need to invest in ways of combating this, most don't, and don't need to.

I don't think America is due for a 'Hitler' like leader anytime soon... dissent is alive and healthy, and there's only so much that can be done by our government with in our boarders that we don't know about or already assume. It's not like it's a bunch of jack wagons trying to kill citizens to protect a 'President'... it's a little more than that lol. It's not as if, they are all blind as to the initiatives or motives of those higher up. These people do probably have families and display empathy.

Maybe they should invent a test that you can take to tell if you have nano bots in your system.

top topics

join