It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why Do Creationists Get Laughed At?"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Nobody's laughing at Creationism, but the ideology behind it is so bereft of logic that it is almost fantastic.

You only have to look once, inside the womb of a woman bearing a child, to see proof of evolution. If you are unable to see this, then there is really nothing more to discuss with you. Because you are basically out there in la-la land, klinging to your God ... without so much as a shred of evidence that there is one.

Evolution does not in any way, rule out the possibility of a God. Nor does it in any way, say that God did not do whatever God is supposed to have done.

The only thing Evolution does, in this era ... is to disprove the Human Vanity, the racistic belief ... that "some" men are the sons of God. The vanity of believing, that you are the image of your creator ... that you are beyond other life on this planet.

I am sorry to have to dissapoint your vanity, and your egoistic belief system. I am sorry to have to tell you, that you are not a god ... that you do not even remotely look like anything that is a God.

You are just a petty life on this planet, klinging on to imaginary beliefs ... no more important, than a Cat, or a dog ... or a mouse. Before you were born, you were a fish ... and right before you turned into a baby in your mommy's tummy ... you were nothing more than a little piggy.

And when we get to the fallacy of arguements. Nobody in their right mind, who says he is into science is trying to date the earth. That is the work of creationsists. Wether it's Big Bang theory, or any other one ... most of these are theories made by Creationists, who claim to be scientists. Creationists, who are continuously trying to look for "the God Element".

So if you find any holes in those theories, it's because you found holes in your own creationists theories.

But, maybe you are right ... let us assume you are. That God made everything the way it is. He made men, and he made smart and stupid men.

Since there is no evolution, stupid men ... will always remain stupid. They have no hope of evolving into anything beyond their genes of stupidity. Now, if this is true ... then there are people who are Gods own people, and let's just cut through the chase ... and call it what it really is. the master race. I assume, according to the bible ... that this master race are the Jews, And that everything else, and everyone else ... ist just Goblins, or Gentiles ... which is basically just short of an animal.

So according to your "creationists" view, the majority of the human race are mere animals.

Now, I'm certain that you believe yourself to belong to the master race. And the rest of us are just hopeless gentiles, who have no future in the future plans of God.

But me? I'm not a man of faith. I'm a man of science, and I'll give you and your kind the fair chance of evolution. In the hope, that you will eventually evolve into something more than just a moron.

Now, let's all sing the themesong from "Life of Bwian" ...

edit on 3/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

Thanks for summing that up................enjoyed that immensely..............

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff

This thread is an attack on religion not creationism. I myself am not religious but I will not ignore the fact that everything you see and experience utilizes flawless mathematics. Where did that come from? Maybe, just maybe, the human mind isn't capable of knowing the facts.

Umm no.. do you see where we are attacking "religion' ? I don't recall going after Wicca, Buddhism, or thousands of other religions. I don't recall attacking Pantheism or Panentheism either.. No, this thread is not specifically about "religion" even though those whom are the subject of this article are religious. Yes I made a comment about religions a few pages back, but the focus of this article is specific to said dishonest "Creationists". And mathematics is an inherent property of reality.. It's not something you can create... Hence, you would argue your deity to be 1 deity, or something more than nothing in your beliefs right? Pretty impossible to create that which yourself is bound to require... It seems even though we have outlined why consciousness can't exist without cause, we keep seeing people make self-refuting questions that would simply be answered by reading previous posts and taking the time to comprehend what they are talking about. :/ So unless you can tell us how one creates existence and the rules to existence itself into existence from a position of preexisting existence in a place of non-existence without depositing a self-refuting argument, there is nothing to consider regarding such questions. Hence, everything must be bound to a quantized existence, and thus math is a fundamental property of existence itself.

the human mind isn't capable of knowing the facts.

Try making that reply again without the internet, energy, information, or existence itself.
edit on 4-8-2012 by TheJackelantern because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider
“Why, if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms?”

Every fossil is considered a transitional form.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Its because the only people who believe in creationism are evangelical Christians, ergo, a specific group of people whose enclaved version of their faith drives their belief systems, not knowledge. Ever notice that? Ever come across a Hindi guy who believes in creationism? How about any Jew? Maybe a Buddhist or two?

Frankly, there is no way you could ever get me to waste my time reviewing your YouTube "evidence" unless you can present to me a set of people from numerous faiths who will buy into your pseudo science.

We can find millions across many faiths who accept the basics of evolution.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows... I am now -3,000 ATS points for disrespecting dishonesty here on this forum ..
Curious though, how many - points does it take to get banned for standing up for intellectual integrity around here
This is like asking how many licks does it take to get to the center of the lolly pop.
edit on 3-8-2012 by TheJackelantern because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJackelantern
Just so everyone knows... I am now -3,000 ATS points for disrespecting dishonesty here on this forum ..
Curious though, how many - points does it take to get banned for standing up for intellectual integrity around here

Your intellectual integrity is worth more than 3,000 worthless points.
keep on keeping on

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

Your intellectual integrity is worth more than 3,000 worthless points.
keep on keeping on

Soo true! ..
Same with everyone here.. I just find it amusing that I have -3000 points..I must have really struck a nerve

Edit:

This tells me I am doing something right, and something that really needs to be done more here in America if we are ever to save this crashing education system from such willful ignorance that is threatening this country with a religious theocracy. This isn't a time to be nice and cuddly about addressing such subjects anymore. And no, I am not speaking in terms of advocating violence ect.. But there is this thing called practical tolerance, and that doesn't mean we should respect dishonest people...Especially when they are attacking the education system to convert them to religious brainwashing institutions that target young children and impressionable minds. Just looking at the political climate here, this isn't a game anymore, this is a serious subject. I don't know about anyone here on this fora, but I don't care to see American turn into another Afghanistan with Christian Creationists Taliban running the show.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJackelantern

Because ordinary people do not believe in magic. They think its childish to believe in something they will never know if its true. Its the basics of humanity why should I believe something is there if I cannot see it? Well for one you might be too ****** to see it in the first place.
Not directed towards u op

edit on 4-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Because many people have no clue, and no one really knows for certain, so some go into denial about anything outside of their familiar mindset and put down others who don't share close to the same outlook.

You know, narrow mindedness, mental conditioning due to family, friends, religion, media, genetics, experience...all true things, but things that will still tickle angry or fearful nerves in some. Hence, conditioning, conditioning against awareness. Silly, huh?

edit on 4-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro

Because many people have no clue, and no one really knows for certain, so some go into denial about anything outside of their familiar mindset and put down others who don't share close to the same outlook.

You know, narrow mindedness, mental conditioning due to family, friends, religion, media, genetics, experience...all true things, but things that will still tickle angry or fearful nerves in some. Hence, conditioning, conditioning against awareness. Silly, huh?

edit on 4-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

I've been an evangelical Christian for 20 years, I know exactly what that side of the fence is like. But I also know what this side of the fence is like.. And I can tell you right now which side of that fence fears the education system and solely relies on ignorance as a key component of their beliefs..They literally espouse it.. What you don't get is that the religion in question is Theocritus by doctrine, and by the nature of it's beliefs. You let it do that, it will turn us back to the dark ages... This religion is based around a war GOD, and it's about converting everyone by any means that it can take advantage of. Let me just give you an example of what they want to turn our school systems into:

And I am currently trying to fix my dyslexic errors in this article on Newsvine to which wrote about brainwashing:

matt-mattjwest.newsvine.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

This thread is an attack on religion not creationism. I myself am not religious but I will not ignore the fact that everything you see and experience utilizes flawless mathematics. Where did that come from? Maybe, just maybe, the human mind isn't capable of knowing the facts.

What do you mean by "everything you see and experience utilizes flawless mathematics"? I was under the impression that the mathematical measurements were simply man's way of computing and gathering data, not that something like a rock actually uses those mathematics to achieve a goal. Sure, it may be bound to the laws of physics, but that's because if it didn't it wouldn't exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anyone laughing at anyone for anything mainly just that the person doing the laughing has self esteem problems.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Anyone laughing at anyone for anything mainly just that the person doing the laughing has self esteem problems.

Or because it's just funny, or a means to put pressure on something that is threatening the foundation and stability of this country's future. It's not really about "self-esteem", this issue is much more than something so trivial. And if one watches other videos from Thunderfoot, it's about ridiculing dishonesty and not about his "self-esteem".

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlightMare
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Being part of the universe I believe we are able to understand it. We have been given the tools by virtue of our existence. To me that is God telling us to go and figure it out. To some, however, the discovery of certain truths may be uncomfortable. Like Natural Selection.

Yes, but by the same logic you could say "a dog exists in this universe and has been given the tools of virtue"but the dog doesn't have the answers we are grasping or the intellect to understand. Then again maybe he does and he just doesn't give a #e.

A dogs perception of it's universe is far different than ours.

In the theory of biocentrism the universe is a product of perception of biological beings. The extent of the universe is determined by the biological limitations on the organisms perception.

Now I'm not a buyer of the theory entirely, but it addresses key points of the concept of perception and how different beings perceive the universe. The point I'm trying to make is that a dogs world is not going to be as expansive as ours. A dog cannot peer into the depths of space, nor can it observe the subatomic world. We can. We have those tools for a reason. Whether you believe it is God who gave us those tools or not is inconsequential.

Since we're part of the universe, and are able to perceive in the manner in which we do, then it would stand to reason that, in essence, we are the universe struggling to understand itself.
edit on 4-8-2012 by FlightMare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Its because the only people who believe in creationism are evangelical Christians, ergo, a specific group of people whose enclaved version of their faith drives their belief systems, not knowledge.

Which of course, is utter nonsense ... and you should have done your own "research" before you posted.

To "believe" is anti-knowledge. It doesn't matter what you believe in, be it Buddah or Jesus. To believe is to accept a truth, without researching.

The current "attack" on Christianity, is a little dumbfounded ... because "Christianity" is Judaism. In the old testament, there are restrictions as to "who" is included in Gods agreement. Those who aren't, are all doomed. Christianity, interprets this agreement to be between "all" men ... And that to be saved, all you need to do is embrace the faith. Christianity's failure, is the same as all other religions failure.

As I said earlier, the only place where "science" is head-on with religion, is on the topic of man being superior. And that "some" men are godly ... a "master race". In fact, Science and Darwynism, tells you. That we, the human race ... benefin from diversity ... which is the quite the opposite from "religion" ... ANY religion. With "perhaps" exception in konfusius-ism. Science, tells you that mixing blood, and mixing opinions ... benefits society, and the human race ...

edit on 4/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

The way I see it, it's much healthier to laugh about something ridiculous than to get stressed out about it. That's one of the reasons I enjoy posting here. It gives me my daily laughs. Ridiculous claims with no evidence are ridiculous claims with no evidence. Intellectual dishonesty should be laughed at.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Interesting, it gets hostile soon as you expose and start addressing the lack of intellectual integrity of the creationist movement.

Both sides do it.
Anyone coming from a neutral perspective is aware of this.

This very statement in itself which I quoted from you, infers that only one side of this debate plays dirty. Totally untrue.

I feel like you are playing dirty right now by pretending your side doesn't get hostile when questioned.
We know both sides have been very hostile and unfair and very few debates are proper or educational.

I implore you to take action against your own point of view and strive to take other people's points of view more seriously.

There is no way to know what really went down millions of years ago, unless you have a time machine. And even then you could be in a separate parallel universe time-line, so it's still impossible to know 100%.

Assuming that you know what really happened is just an assumption and doesn't really justify the bias one-sided nature of this whole debate.

Having to deal with a mother and sister who are evangelical Southern Baptists it is not easy to communicate with someone who thinks their book has all the answers and everyone else is wrong. In my opinion the doctrine of the church has changed much over the last 400 years and I have little faith in what creationists claim to be the truth.

If we look hundreds of years into the past we can see the real fallacy of religious doctrine. the facts are that the church has been so wrong for so long no matter how they twist or spin their religious view it falls on my deaf ears.

Religion has bastardized science in the name of the church for hundreds of years why would anyone think that they have had an epiphany and that now they speak the truth?

I am sure that they are wrong 99.9 percent but there is one tenth a chance in hell they are right..... not very likely

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider
Have you yourself, you... ever witnessed any of this personally? I mean literally with you standing there observing and checking the data and stats?

Have you ever personally witnessed:

An electron
Gravity
Heat
Radiation
Germs
Microwaves
Radio
Depression
Love
Starvation
Aspiration
etc.

I doubt it. Does that mean those things don't exist?

edit on 4-8-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I do not see this thread as an attack on anyone, or on any thing either. I see a question. You all remember questions, I ask a great many myself. Why are hard questions always seen as an attack? Creationists seem to think if they are questioned, it is a direct and personal attack, and it isn't that at all. I think it a good thing to question that which we believe to be true on occasion, for no truth is written in Stone.
Of course there was a moment of Creation. I think that goes without saying. I see Original Creation in Sacred Geometry:

One of the most profound and significant activities encompassed within sacred geometry and lightSource is the 'Golden Mean Spiral', derived by using the 'Golden Ratio'.

The Golden Mean was used in the design of sacred buildings in ancient architecture to produce spiritual energy that facilitated connectivity with spiritual realms through prayer. Our reality is very structured, and indeed Life is even more structured. This is reflected though Nature in the form of geometry. Geometry is the very basis of our reality, and hence we live in a coherent world governed by unseen laws. These are always manifested in our world. The Golden Mean governs the proportion of our world and it can be found even in the most seemingly proportion-less (active) living forms.

Clear examples of Sacred Geometry (and Golden Mean geometry) in Nature and matter:

* All types of crystals, natural and cultured.

* The hexagonal geometry of snowflakes.

* Creatures exhibiting logarithmic spiral patterns: e.g. snails and various shell fish.

* Birds and flying insects, exhibiting clear Golden Mean proportions in bodies & wings.

* The way in which lightning forms branches.

* The way in which rivers branch.

* The geometric molecular and atomic patterns that all solid metals exhibit.

* The way in which a tree spans out so that all its branches receive sunlight.

* Davinci's Golden Mean

* Another, perhaps less obvious but most significant example of this special ratio can be found in Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) - the foundation and guiding mechanism of all living organisms.

www.sacred-geometry.com...

As one can clearly see, the principle of Creation is written in Nature.

And that does not, in any case whatsoever, debunk Science and Archeology, and it does not refute Evolution. I do not understand the argument, as both clearly exist, and do not really oppose each other, except perhaps from a religious standpoint.

edit on 8/4/12 by autowrench because: to fix spelling error

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join