It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does it cost you to EXI$T ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

And bravo to anyone who can make thier dream of living off the land happen. But, as you mentioned even that requires hard work and paper money in order to get your land and start your dream. So again, you must work for it. I see no problem at all with working your ass off for 10 years in order to make your next 50 a joy.

Im in my 30's and in my prime now. Energy, health, peace, and contentment...... so to spend the next 10-20 years working 2 jobs i hate so i can enjoy my 50-60's is a moot point. Work like a slave when your strong and at your prime so you can enjoy old age is pointless. Ive met many retired union blue collar workers who saved over a million or more doing the 80 hour work weeks or 2 jobs and guess what, not only do they regret working that much, but also they are so programmed that they dont want to retire. The want to keep working!!!!! And they constantly worry about saving more. What a life!

Also tomorrow isn't promised. No one knows when their time comes, yet we work like slaves for what?

Also my earlier reply about life being like groundhogs day, doesn't mean im not happy. Im happy knowing there is an afterlife from having glimpsed it and i remember existing before being born here. Its actually a good thing that an average lifespan is around 70, because this place gets old quick, and then we go back to our real home.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Im in my 30's and in my prime now. Energy, health, peace, and contentment...... so to spend the next 10-20 years working 2 jobs i hate so i can enjoy my 50-60's is a moot point. Work like a slave when your strong and at your prime so you can enjoy old age is pointless. Ive met many retired union blue collar workers who saved over a million or more doing the 80 hour work weeks or 2 jobs and guess what, not only do they regret working that much, but also they are so programmed that they dont want to retire. The want to keep working!!!!! And they constantly worry about saving more. What a life

Also tomorrow isn't promised. No one knows when their time comes, yet we work like slaves for what?

Also my earlier reply about life being like groundhogs day, doesn't mean im not happy. Im happy knowing there is an afterlife from having glimpsed it and i remember existing before being born here. Its actually a good thing that an average lifespan is around 70, because this place gets old quick, and then we go back to our real home.

Obviously i see life differently than you. While you look forward to your afterlife, i fully enjoy the life i have right now, and look forward to the great adventure that i hope will be there for me in the afterlife! Why live in bitterness, only hoping to soon die so you can move on to something else? To me thats pointless. This life has much to offer, and i suggest you find hobbies or things you enjoy. Im in no hurry to leave.

Posts like this make me a little sad. Everyday i see miserable people at work. They complain about their lot; life is so hard, not enough time and so on. But most rarely do anything to improve their lives. So many people who are aimless in this life and dont realize the joys and pleasures there are to be had on earth. Yes, we often have to work hard for them, but it makes the fruits of our labors all the more enjoyable!

edit on 3-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Obviously i see life differently than you. While you look forward to your afterlife, i fully enjoy the life i have right now, and look forward to the great adventure that i hope will be there for me in the afterlife!

when i preexisted, i was asked to come here and take on a body. I didn't know what "body" or "earth" was so I got a preview. The preview was pure filth and stench, the wars, massacres, rapes, murders, pillaging, hatred, etc. It was gut wrenchingly disgusting.

Since I've been here, 30 some odd years now, I've seen directly some of the disgust, death, disease, tears, pain, hatred and so forth. Yes I have seen genuine heart based goodness too, but very little of it. Perhaps you've lived a shelter life. Personally it's difficult to live here, collect paychecks, and plan on having a family and wife when there is children starving in our own country, or being molested, or our Gov is becoming fascist/communist, etc

Why live in bitterness, only hoping to soon die so you can move on to something else?

Because where we all come from is Truth, Freedom, and Reality. This realm here is so confined, so limited, it's like this place is a prison to a soul which is usually soaring like an eagle, yet now has its wings clipped. So we mask bitterness with "things" (wife, kids, material/tech/cars/games, etc) Lets see you maintain your happiness in the event you become stripped of everything you have (i've been there).

That's why we put on a veil of forgetfulness when were born here. If you would remember the awe from which you came, you would be careful here too.

To me thats pointless. This life has much to offer, and i suggest you find hobbies or things you enjoy. Im in no hurry to leave.

I got hobbies, music making, books, bike rides, nature trials, etc. Like I said, its contentment and peace, which goes beyond happiness(which is usually dependent on relatives)

Posts like this make me a little sad. Everyday i see miserable people at work. They complain about their lot; life is so hard, not enough time and so on. But most rarely do anything to improve their lives. So many people who are aimless in this life and dont realize the joys and pleasures there are to be had on earth. Yes, we often have to work hard for them, but it makes the fruits of our labors all the more enjoyable!

don't get me wrong, when a child smiles/laughs, a sun ray peeks through the clouds, a pretty girl smiles at me, a good song, a hug, a good beer/meal, waking up and having another day here ........there is enjoyment in all of that ...but it's all temporary and fleeting ... were just passing through and it goes FAST, so it's vital to remember our true nature and source.

So it's easy to see why folks are bitter. Spend the majority of your life working at a job you don't care for so you can merely exist. If you are lucky to be able to save, most can't enjoy the fruits of their saving until they are old and brittle and have a few years left, and then at the end you leave it all behind anyway, so what;s the frickin point of spending all our precious time constantly at work? No wonder so many are bitter
edit on 3-8-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Here's the solution:

Do what you want to do! Make your hobbies into profit-sustaining activities, and then you'll never have to have a "real" job.

That's my goal, anyway. I'm going to be a farmer in the next few years - totally not going to be old or brittle, and definitely going to be working hard the rest of my life. The prospect of this makes me smile.

I like my current job, though, it's actually fun. I just would rather be a farmer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join