It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High chance of major Oregon quake (August 1, 2012)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The western US state of Oregon has a 40 percent chance in the next half-century of suffering a massive earthquake on the scale of Japan's 2011 disaster, a study said Wednesday.
The Pacific Northwest -- from the Oregon-California border to Vancouver Island in Canada -- has endured 19 huge earthquakes of around 8.7-9.2 magnitude over the past 10,000 years, Oregon State University researchers said.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Sooooo whats that got to do with Aug 1st? Article says not for another 40 years?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by kennvideo

Sooooo whats that got to do with Aug 1st? Article says not for another 40 years?

The article came out Aug. 1st.

Genius.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Interesting stats scientists provide isn't it.

There is as much chance Australia will suffer a 7.2 or above in the next 15 years as Oregon an 8.3 in the next 50.

Australia not's on a quake zone but gets big ones anyway.

What about England. There will be one there of 6.0 plus soon too and I'm not a scientist

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

If I recall, I read this exact same thing from the exact same scientists in Pop Sci a couple months ago. In fact they have been on about Oregon for the last 4 years at least so this isnt new news in any way as they have all surmised the same thing.

The big one for the coast of Oregon is likely to be soon.

And why you would put the date on the title of the thread is just as confusing as having it there in the first place.

I get the article was dated for yesterday...I read that part when I read the article from the link....your right...that is genius.

top topics

join