It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas police claim man shot himself in head despite handcuffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Arkansas police claim man shot himself in head despite handcuffs

www.rawstory.com

When the officers opened the patrol car door, they found Carter in a “sitting position slumped forward with his head in his lap.” The report indicated that Carter was still handcuffed and a small caliber handgun was sitting beside him.

Carter was taking to St. Bernards Regional Medical Center and later died from the gunshot wound.

Authorities in Jonesboro suspect that Carter shot himself in the head but his mother, Teresa Carter, isn’t buying it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Alright ATS, what do you think? Is any part of this even mildly plausible? How can a person who is handcuffed, behind the back (after being searched twice) able to shoot himself in the temple? And the gun was just sitting next to him on th seat? and the other two people in the truck werent charged or arrested?

Did they arrest Houdini?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You would have to be drinking a whole lot of flouride and mercury, to buy that dubious story.....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
no it's not, there is more to it, What that is, i don't know, lets not crucify the police yet. we need to find out what happened

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Handcuffed Man Shot And Killed In Cop Car – Police Say It Was Suicide (VIDEO)

Covered on the front page.

Derp. Thanks. Didnt see it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's not to difficult to aim a gun at your head with handcuffs on behind your back near your hips and pull the trigger.

The only part of the story that doesn't make sense is that they searched him twice. Maybe it was a quick and not so good search.... There have been cases where police officers "searched" a guy, but not well enough, and the police officers later got shot or stabbed by the guy because of their horrible pat down.

Also, his mom claims he was not suicidal... I don't know about that... Some people are not suicidal, but would instantly become suicidal if they knew they were going to spend time in prison.
edit on 1-8-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

They are claiming a dude, with his hands cuffed behind his back, shot himself in the temple.....
Does not compute

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
It's not to difficult to aim a gun at your head with handcuffs on behind your back near your hips and pull the trigger.

In the temple?

Also, please continue conversation here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

no need for two threads on this.

edit on 1-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes in the temple.. that makes more sense than any other spot. He obviously tilted his head to the side closer to the gun. You do know where the temple is right?

If he had the gunshot on the front or back of the head then I would be more skeptical, but the temple seems to be the exact spot I would suspect if someone was holding a gun near their hips with hands slightly behind and to the side of their lower back.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

Yes in the temple.. that makes more sense than any other spot. He obviously tilted his head to the side closer to the gun. You do know where the temple is right?

This doesn't even make the least bit of sense. I don't need to get into handcuffs to simulate it and ..no.. they're crazy. This came from only one of two places.

His tail end, literally, and I have a link (I always have a link..lol) with a Top 10 list of internal cavity smuggling items people were actually caught with. One reads like a little arms store and another like a full on pharmacy. Everything made the list by sheer size...It's amazing what dope dealers and criminals are willing to do or physically fit...err...never mind. That's a 'Google it' item.

Or....... and this COULD be possible because without putting too fine a point on it, the above would have been obvious to all and probably announced by the 'material' all over the gun. ...But... As some have seen me mention, my father was a cop and that's the world I grew up around. I heard some interesting stories about what he'd found in starting a shift when the last cop hadn't cleared the back seat or ..who knows how long since anyone might have, as required. Weapons and drugs were both among the items he'd come across in a 'secure' area.

If it's the latter, the Cop should still fry.. but that was a gymnast of a dealer mixed with Annie Oakley reincarnated, even if we can explain where the gun appeared after two searches.

(wrong thread.. sorry.. ...and I put it back because it did take a bit to write. off to other thread now

edit on 1-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
They murder people already cuffed now, eh. I don't really believe they expect many will fall for this, so it seems more of a chilling message to the public, and I think people need to get some PI's on the cases of corruption, pass the hat and get them nailed.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
to do that he would have to have been one hell of a contortionist .... sounds more like the bubba cop executed him and failed on a grand scale with the cover story ...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
to do that he would have to have been one hell of a contortionist .... sounds more like the bubba cop executed him and failed on a grand scale with the cover story ...

Either that or the cop made one massive "oops" like Vince did to poor Marvin below.

It was the first thing that came to mind reading the article. I can't see a cop purposely shooting an individual under the circumstances unless it was one hell of a bad "accident."
edit on 8/2/2012 by Lysis because: miswording

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

what the # is this world coming to? does not compute. i'm having trouble even imagining this and i have a rather "active" imagination. this is a small caliper hand gun (with not a lot to work with if you have restricted use of your hands), and having arms hand cuffed from the back, there's not much movement (don't know if anyone has been handcuffed before, but there's not alot of movement going on and it can be painful if you're seated for a long time).
Hmm... I'm not passing blame on anyone, but the circumstances are odd to say the least.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalebRight14
no it's not, there is more to it, What that is, i don't know, lets not crucify the police yet. we need to find out what happened

No no, lets crucify the police, Ill tell you why.....once they handcuff you, your safety is in their hands period. They are responsible for you until the time at which you are released by the police. Once you are in their custody, they have the duty to ensure that you are safe from harm no matter what.

Even if they didn't shoot him, they should be tried for neglect for not making absolutly sure he was not a armed. Either way this whole thing smells like a girl I knew in highschool.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

If he had the gunshot on the front or back of the head then I would be more skeptical, but the temple seems to be the exact spot I would suspect if someone was holding a gun near their hips with hands slightly behind and to the side of their lower back.

This made zero sense.

Sometimes it's better not to open one's mouth, than to open it and remove all doubt.
edit on 5-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join