It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Drone force uses Grim Reaper as its Logo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
US Navy Drone Force Logo

Well I think they just crossed the line from protecting us and send us to the next world.
This logo I guess will justify anyone as self defense - there is no mistaking the grim reapers meaning.
So, let the games begin - Use them.

Death From Above: Navy Drone Logo Features Grim Reaper

Death From Above: Navy Drone Logo Features Grim Reaper

New killer drone that “thinks for itself” rolled out

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
Aug 1, 2012

The US Navy, which has just revealed the latest development in stealth drone technology, is using a logo for its unmanned aviation program that literally features the angel of Death, clothed in a black cloak with a hood, holding aloft a large scythe.

The logo for the Navy’s Program Executive Office for Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons was photographed and posted to Instagram by Wired writer Spencer Ackerman.

The image of the logo is unaltered and can be verified as genuine on this official document, a bio of rear admiral Tim Heely, the Navy’s drone Program Executive Officer.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Are combat units not allowed to get creative about their logos now? Umm.. The whole purpose they exist, and have since man formed a group to go fight another group has been to kill people and break things. Some of the logos of World War II got censored for sexuality ( silly..but that was then) but aggressive and nasty? Ooo.. The meaner the better. Some were real art too.
I don't see this as anything particularly meaningful beyond somebody thought it would be really cool for the emblem.

As an added meaning maybe? The Grim Reaper is a phantom and can't be killed. The drones are unmanned and simply reappear ..when the replacement comes on station. A little black humor if you're into that sort of thing is my guess. lol....

I saw the link and S/F bringing the story. It's an interesting logo. As a graphics guy I appreciate the design of it. I'd also note some outlets seem to have way too much time and imagination sometimes.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So? Have you ever looked at a variety of logos used by military squadrons? They rarely use teddy bears or Sponge Bob Square Pants. They use Darth Vader, screaming eagles, skeletons, armored fists holding lightning, you name it. There are literally hundreds of military "grim reaper" patches today. Google or Bing "military grim reaper patches" and take a look. It's not like this one is unique.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They should put those logos on the new drones they will be using here in the US. Death to your privacy and all that good stuff.

I do agree with the Schuyler though...most patches resemble something of this sort. We are supposed to be scary and Care Bears just don't cut it.
edit on 8/1/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Grim Reapers squadron name has a long and distinguished history in the US Navy. They have been in existence in one form or another for more than 60 years.

wiki

Why is this a big deal now and not then?

answer: it isn't.

edit on 8/1/2012 by Montana because: Ha! Brim Reapers!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Meh….very common.

While deployed, Marines and other branches of service often paint murals or designs on their equipment.

Nothing strange here!

It might not be to everyone’s liking but…..really….who cares?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Because somebody either just woke up to that fact or there is an Agenda behind this "Revelation" I'm guessing the latter.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I have no control over their logo's but if they are going to violate posse comitatus they should do it in a less provocative manner. don't you think. I'm for reducing tensions -

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Might as well use that logo, since the moniker of many of the drones are "Reaper" to begin with...

Reaper

That's just InfoWars being hyper-paranoid... again.

And war emblems/shouts/etc. are meant to intimidate. You'll never see "Flagg's Fluffy Bunnies" used by any serious military force... we'll, except for maybe the Royal Marines... they'd do that just for the pure bitter irony of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Okay that's just WRONG.........

......So why can't I stop laughing?
Nice pic and example of black humor!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is one of the problems that our country is facing.

Everything has to be politically correct

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by schuyler

I have no control over their logo's but if they are going to violate posse comitatus they should do it in a less provocative manner. don't you think. I'm for reducing tensions -

Oh, fer Christ's sake! These are military guys, not diplomats. Their JOB is to kick butt, strike fear into the heart of the enemy, demoralize them and make them give the f up! Did you actually look at any of these hundreds of grim reaper logos? Not a ONE of them has ever been used to "violate posse comitatus."

I know! We should pass a law that henceforth all military logs and patches for all squadrons must feature adherence to appropriate recycling, biodegradeable grocery bags, green energy, carbon credits, gay marriage, the Special Olympics, a vegetarian lifestyle, and Mr. Roger's neighborhood!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No comment?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I just realized the op's name.

I am confused.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

It's a dead Eagle, by the look of it. Very dead and VERY fresh vby the appearance of the blood on the body and snow. With all that taken in, I'm hoping either Fish and Game took it for an accident, or someone spent a bit of time in a cell for blowing away our national bird.

Accidental? Hmm... Well, birds fly into things all the time. Even something as HUGE as the wind turbines.
Bird Brain isn't insulting for nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

No comment?

Ummmm...

Is anybody else going to eat that?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No comment?

Looks like a serious case of EAGola...

Couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No comment?

Comment?

Sure….Teufel Hunden…look it up!

Fear is a good thing! It makes the enemy apprehensive.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Always faithful.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Always faithful.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

That's Semper Fi

Try again

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join