It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival scenario 2....what would you do ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here is the set up...

Its three months into a new world war, China & Russia have lunched a massive attack on the US and Europe (for the purpose of this scenario there are no nuclear weapons).
Thousands and thousands of troops have invaded the cities and small towns in America (again for the purpose of the scenario lets leave the "they wouldn't get far" comments to one side and let say they have and are making there way through the states), you are on your own at home while your family is on holiday in a northern state which is safe.
Fighting is very wide spread and the civilians and the police are helping fight off the masses of invading troops...your listening to radio reports as 90% of the tv channels have gone due to some pin pointed strikes by the enemy.

The news is that the fighting is heading your way very fast...

Your Bio..

Your a normal every day person who had a blue collar job before SHTF, but you have always prepped a BOB and you have a bug out vehicle (pick up truck)....

You have to leave and get to your family....(Your in the state of Utah....your family is safe in North Dakota)

The questions are....what are you taking??...what route ?? etc....

E

cj6

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I know how to survive, all it takes is 2 words...Liam...Neeson!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
are there russian and chinese gunships in the air with flir.

then you wouldn't get very far, you'll end up on youtube as glowing splatter with an ac/dc soundtrack blaring in the background.

what can you do but fight an insurgency like the iraqi's and afghanis are doing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
are there russian and chinese gunships in the air with flir.

then you wouldn't get very far, you'll end up on youtube as glowing splatter with an ac/dc soundtrack blaring in the background.

what can you do but fight an insurgency like the iraqi's and afghanis are doing.

Good question....there are only troops and small missile hits ...the enemy is taking over vehicles and anything they can get there hands on...

E

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hitlers advisers said it best, You can't invade main land US, there would be a sniper in every bush.

It would take atrocities the likes of which the world has never seen to invade the US.

Look at the LAPD, they are about as militerized as most worlds armies, and guess what, they can't control the gangs

You think the Chinese or Russian troops that don't know the ground they are marching through would have a better chance?

BUT lets say the scenario you say takes place, Ill even consider how it would be possible to get that far in an invasion (something you seemed to gloss over) I would say something like an EMP, combined with Chemical weapons could account for what you suggest.

And at that point NATO would start to get involved once they saw what was happening, it would be War the likes of which the world has never seen, with weapons no one wants to use being used.

You think "insurgents" in Iraq are bad, imagine the average tinkerer in his garage workshop stocked from radio shack...

Better to use economic means, and sedition. Get the American people to welcome you after say an Economic collapse.

Its always better to come in as the savior than the enemy, say if the people finally got pushed to the edge and tried to revolt.

Have China and Russia offer material support to the "people" to be humanitarian...
edit on 1-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Hitlers advisers said it best, You can't invade main land US, there would be a sniper in every bush.

It would take atrocities the likes of which the world has never seen to invade the US.

Look at the LAPD, they are about as militerized as most worlds armies, and guess what, they can't control the gangs

You think the Chinese or Russian troops that don't know the ground they are marching through would have a better chance?

BUT lets say the scenario you say takes place, Ill even consider how it would be possible to get that far in an invasion (something you seemed to gloss over) I would say something like an EMP, combined with Chemical weapons could account for what you suggest.

And at that point NATO would start to get involved once they saw what was happening, it would be War the likes of which the world has never seen, with weapons no one wants to use being used.

You think "insurgents" in Iraq are bad, imagine the average tinkerer in his garage workshop stocked from radio shack...

Better to use economic means, and sedition. Get the American people to welcome you after say an Economic collapse.

Its always better to come in as the savior than the enemy, say if the people finally got pushed to the edge and tried to revolt.

Have China and Russia offer material support to the "people" to be humanitarian...

Try and stick to the questions on the opening post ...how would you get to your family and what would you take....

Its just a bit of fun ...don't over think it lol

E

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Id bug out to the northern states grab the fam and skip over to canada and call it a day in the middle of nowhere.

I don't plan on fighting. Apologies if needed but I could not bare the thought of not being with my fam in such times.

Whatever is coming our way is.... well, for the lack of a better word, deserved. We duped the world with the criminal govt that we let happen. So with that out of the way. Thats my cliff notes version to your scenario.

ps.. Benrl. CIC Yamamoto spouted that one off. Gun behing every blade of grass thing. Just helpin not trying to be a trivia nazi.
edit on 1-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: japan

edit on 1-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: yuuuup

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Id bug out to the northern states grab the fam and skip over to canada and call it a day in the middle of nowhere.

I don't plan on fighting. Apologies if needed but I could not bare the thought of not being with my fam in such times.

Whatever is coming our way is.... well, for the lack of a better word, deserved. We duped the world with the criminal govt that we let happen. So with that out of the way. Thats my cliff notes version to your scenario.

ps.. Benrl. CIC Yamamoto spouted that one off. Gun behing every blade of grass thing. Just helpin not trying to be a trivia nazi.
edit on 1-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: japan

edit on 1-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: yuuuup

Cool im glad someone knows there history !

E

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

theres a problem with your argument. what if the invasion is an invasion of total destruction, not occupation.

and standing orders are to kill all threats (military aged males) on site, armed or unarmed.

i mean you're a russian unit and you kill on site everybody you see, whether it's women, children, the elderly etc.

and you roll thru the country like a lawn mower and you take no prisoners.

much like apache pilots in iraq.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by benrl

theres a problem with your argument. what if the invasion is an invasion of total destruction, not occupation.

and standing orders are to kill all threats (military aged males) on site, armed or unarmed.

i mean you're a russian unit and you kill on site everybody you see, whether it's women, children, the elderly etc.

and you roll thru the country like a lawn mower and you take no prisoners.

much like apache pilots in iraq.

Thats the invasion i had in mind....

E

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why would you run?

Why would you not stand up for your homeland?

If there would ever be a reason to fight. I think that the scenario you stated would be the one.

I do not want my children speaking Chinese

So the answer to your questions are. I would not need a bugout bag because I would be on the front lines defending my country and fighting for my family.

People fail to realize that our forefathers are the reason that we are a country. Our ancestors had a vision and fought and died for this vision. If you run and hide where does that leave you? In the land of China?
What ius the point of running if you cannot be free. Even if our freedoms are becoming fewer, I would rather be here than under Chinese control.

I say grow up and really think about what you are saying. There probably won't be anywhere to run to.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I guess with my family safe I wouldnt see much point in trying to cross the lines I am behind may as well join the resistance and hope my efforts take some pressure of the safe zone

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
since severely limited by op's conditions ...

put up a chinese flag in front yard ... sit out on lawnchair with cooler full of beer and several bottles of whisky .. offer free drinks to all who pass by and watch the show ...
patriotism / nationalism nor any of the other rubbish people think important not worth fighting over ... or dying over... let the primitives slaughter each other over nothing ... not my concern...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I'm in Utah you say?
I'd grab a lawnchair and go kick it with Epat888 and wait for the mormons to take over N. America.
Then after the dust settled, I'd loot me some of those magical underwear and claim mormonism until I could get elsewhere.

Although there are some pretty mormon chicks....ehhh but I'm too old and they take too long to prime.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Try and stick to the questions on the opening post ...how would you get to your family and what would you take.... Its just a bit of fun ...don't over think it lol

Im not posting my plans on the internet for any SHTF scenario. So i addressed the hypothetical situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Your scenario reminded me of John Marsden's book. Tomorrow when the war began.
If any of you out there have children who have no idea what their country would be like in this scenario, then i highly recommend getting hold of a copy and giving it to them for a read.

note: im not promoting this author. the book was given to my daughter and after i read it, i thought it should be on the schools must read book list thats all.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Mykids are all grown up and the wife is safe in N Dakota...hmmm

I drive like hell for a 7-11...load up on beer and chips and frozen burritos and go to Key West

Plan B... go to 7-11... load up on beer and chips and hot cheese popcorn and head for Tybee Island, Georgia

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Seriously, I don't live in Utah... I live in NC.

Iregardless, my plans would be to fight the invasion.

Most likely, all healthy of-age males would be conscripted, any good arms would probably be confiscated and we would be given second rate surplus firearms.... pressed into service as 21st Century militia and cannon fodder and thrown onto the battlefield.

As such, it might be better to just go underground and fight guerilla style

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I can't imagine a scenario where the mainland U.S is invaded, the conflict would turn nuclear at the first hint of that happening.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The type of invasion you mentioned is countervalue warfare. It is not the type you can run away from, you have to fight, or you will die! I think that i would get at least a few dozen of them before they got me. I won't mention on details how, but tungsten carbide at super-sonic speeds will go through almost anykind of body armor, and most light-medium vehicle armor like a hot knife through butter- enough said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join