It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival scenario 2....what would you do ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Your best bet is to, if at all possible, hunker down. If the fighting is that wide spread, the odds are you'll be killed before you reach your family.

That's a hella drive... Utah to North Dakota? No. If you're in contact with your family, you tell them to keep their heads down, and stay where they are. You do the same.

Red Dawn was a good movie... But real life says, unless absolutely necessary, stay where you're at.

Now if the fighting is going to roll over the top of you, well then, you'd best try to get out of the way.

Don't be a hero. Leave the rifle behind, or at least conceal it. Nothing attracts fire like someone with a gun...

...and you'd be better off walking, or riding a bike. A car/truck is noisy, trapped on roads that could be mined, and are certainly being watched... Cross country walking/biking, or horseback. Taking your time, and being careful.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Mykids are all grown up and the wife is safe in N Dakota...hmmm

I drive like hell for a 7-11...load up on beer and chips and frozen burritos and go to Key West

Plan B... go to 7-11... load up on beer and chips and hot cheese popcorn and head for Tybee Island, Georgia

you forgot beef jerky and slim jims

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hot air balloon filled with what I can but still leaving space for them - I feel these threads are REAL somehow, Im just sayen

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
Here is the set up...

Its three months into a new world war, China & Russia have lunched a massive attack on the US and Europe (for the purpose of this scenario there are no nuclear weapons).
Thousands and thousands of troops have invaded the cities and small towns in America (again for the purpose of the scenario lets leave the "they wouldn't get far" comments to one side and let say they have and are making there way through the states), you are on your own at home while your family is on holiday in a northern state which is safe.
Fighting is very wide spread and the civilians and the police are helping fight off the masses of invading troops...your listening to radio reports as 90% of the tv channels have gone due to some pin pointed strikes by the enemy.

The news is that the fighting is heading your way very fast...

Your Bio..

Your a normal every day person who had a blue collar job before SHTF, but you have always prepped a BOB and you have a bug out vehicle (pick up truck)....

You have to leave and get to your family....(Your in the state of Utah....your family is safe in North Dakota)

The questions are....what are you taking??...what route ?? etc....

E

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
like many of the replys, knowing my family is safe, I would stay and fight shoulder to shoulder with my neighbors my fellow americans.
Your scenerio reads like Red Dawn. Im a wolverine.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
like many of the replys, knowing my family is safe, I would stay and fight shoulder to shoulder with my neighbors my fellow americans.
Your scenerio reads like Red Dawn. Im a wolverine.

note to self...

Watch Red Dawn and Escape from New York.... again !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join