It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voters ID

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I see it as a non issue, normal people have ID's. People without ID's (Homeless, fiends, etc) don't vote. You really think a homeless dude or an addict is going to rush to the polls? C'mon

I bet you I could offer a fiend $10 and say "go inside this place , use this name and press this button"

Just sayin'

Obvious rules are Obvious.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Mandatory IDs are needed to vote in most of Europe, as far as I know. Its not the IDs that are the problem. Its the access to them. As long as they are issued for free or low regulatory payment, and there are enough places to get one, I dont see any argument against voting IDs.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I just don't like the fact that they want a brand spanking new ID card to vote. Why can't it be the just driver's license?

Because that would be too easy. Let's face it, these voter ID laws are being brought in by Republican administrations in key states who want to suppress Obama's voters, many of whom are poor or elderly. It's a despicable act.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Mandatory IDs are needed to vote in most of Europe, as far as I know. Its not the IDs that are the problem. Its the access to them. As long as they are issued for free or low regulatory payment, and there are enough places to get one, I dont see any argument against voting IDs.

I don't know about the rest of Europe but that's not the case in the UK. Here, I get sent a voting card in the post before an election. I then take that card with me to the polling booth, they tick me off the list and I vote. There, job done. And I always voite - I've never missed an election.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

UK is an exception in Europe, most European countries have mandatory citizen IDs, which makes voting registration and voters ID a non-issue. You just take the citizen ID card with you just as required for numerous other identification purposes.

wiki

I guess if you dont want to go down the mandatory citizen ID route, then sending voter IDs to all eligible voters before an election is a good way to ensure easy access.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join