It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A, Standing Up Against a Liberal Agenda

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

That's right, you've got a majority believing in God and heading full steam ahead into lala fascism land.

Such great core values indeed!

Get er done!

(FYI Yes I know a lot of you aren't nuts like the OP)

T
edit on 2-8-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

in respect to same-sex marriage, France has been for once quite smart.
Gays cannot get married, but they can get "pacsed" (civil union)
en.wikipedia.org...

The link says that PACS brings less responsabilities than marriage, which I believe is not true.
I know some people who got "pacsed", and they have been informed by the civil servants that PACS = marriage in case of responsibilities.

French gay movements are still requesting the right to same-sex marriage, but I have the feeling this demand is not so strong, probably thanks to the PACS, which has the advantage to make all sides quite happy, it is a good compromise.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Here's something fun I wish I would have thought of myself. found this in comments in the thinkprogress.org... ple/?mobile=nc blog

Tony Adebahr · Top Commenter · Atlanta, Georgia
I think the liberal left-wing media should leave Dan Cathy alone. It is just unseemly to pick on the mentally handicapped.

Here’s a summary of different Biblical forms of Marriage:

1. Polygamous Marriage
Probably the most common form of marriage in the bible, it is where a man has more than one wife.
2. Levirate Marriage
When a woman was widowed without a son, it became the responsibility of the brother-in-law or a close male relative to take her in and impregnate her. If the resulting child was a son, he would be considered the heir of her late husband. See Ruth, and the story of Onan (Gen. 38:6-10).
3. A man, a woman and her property — a female slave.
The famous “handmaiden” sketch, as preformed by Abraham (Gen. 16:1-6) and Jacob (Gen. 30:4-5).
4. A man, one or more wives, and some concubines.
The definition of a co
ncubine varies from culture to culture, but they tended to be live-in mistresses. Concubines were tied to their “husband,” but had a lower status than a wife. Their children were not usually heirs, so they were safe outlets for sex without risking the line of succession. To see how badly a concubine could be treated, see the famous story of the Levite and his concubine (Judges 19:1-30).
5. A male soldier and a female prisoner of war.
Women could be taken as booty from a successful campaign and forced to become wives or concubines. Deuteronomy 21:11-14 describes the process.
6. A male rapist and his victim.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 describes how an unmarried woman who had been raped must marry her attacker.
7. A male and female slave.
A female slave could be married to a male slave without consent, presumably to produce more slaves.
and of course ….
8. Monogamous, heterosexual marriage.
What you might think of as the standard form of marriage, provided you think of arranged marriages as the standard. Also remember that inter-faith or cross-ethnic marriage were forbidden for large chunks of biblical history.

The important thing to realize here is that none of these models are described as better than any other. All appear to have been accepted.

So there you go. The next time someone says that we need to stick with biblical marriage in this country, you can ask them which of the eight kinds they would prefer, and why.

Thank you for providing this much needed education for people. The bible, while a fascinating historical document, has no business being cited as a modern day "moral code" and used as a way to impose restrictions on others. By whose authority? Defending discriminatory comments because it's your right to do so doesn't make those comments any less discriminatory. I don't think there can be any debate that it's discrimination. So please, when you are discriminating at least acknowledge that you are doing so. Use the words, don't hide! Embrace your right to be a bigot and to cast stones! Discriminate away I say! Cause that's the best possible kind of world to live in, right?!

Oh by the way I'm from Massachusetts and my brother married his husband about three years ago. Last I checked the world did not end and the streets are not paved with flaming rainbows. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by mythos

Well, isn't marriage a religious ceremony? Why would two gay people want to be recognized by a religious ceremony that wasn't meant for them? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just genuinely curious. Why not have civil-unions instead??? I mean, lobby for civil-unions that guaranteed them the same rights as a married couple.
edit on 1-8-2012 by lambs to lions because: addition

Um, no, marriage is not a religious ceremony. I got married last year and I'm pretty sure if there was any religion involved I would have noticed it. In fact I can't remember the last time I went to a wedding that involved any sort of religion.... Mine featured Freddie Mercury though - I walked down the aisle to Queen's "Somebody to Love." It was epic. Go me.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Religious infiltrated Marriage(or rather what goes between men and women) now, they trying to food business to force their views.

People who say its his personal opinion and company does serve gays, it is the same as a doctor saying "i hate blacks but i don't mind my team(who learned from me and my values) performing surgery on them" what kinda of black guy is gonna go for this doctor?

The only business you gonna get is from people that hate gays and are christian. Fortunately that combination of people are slowly dying out.
edit on 8/2/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

The only business you gonna get is from people that hate gays and are christian. Fortunately that combination of people are slowly dying out.
edit on 8/2/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Thank god for that!

(pun intended)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wow, that's awesome...mine was quite plain and simple

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

In Louisville, KY more people turned out to support Chick-Fil-A than turned out to vote 6 weeks ago. Personally, I have no desire to make anyone a second class citizen. My problem is the manner in which the gay community seems to have a need to advertise their lifestyle choice. Also, I find it appalling that a private company owned by a family cannot freely speak out for their beliefs. You desire the same choices as other couples; you have suffered cruel treatment, even harm. Then because someone does not share the same lifestyle as you there is this coordinated attack using media, protest, propaganda, and possible government backed sanctions on Chic-Fil-A. It is fair to rage economic terrorism and destroy a man ability to make a living. Placing his family, children in jeopardy because he does not share the same beliefs as you. We are not rounding up all openly gay couples and having them fired from their jobs, publicly announcing there lifestyle on ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox. We are not recruiting politicians to rage economic war fair on you. Yes, there are rednecks that have and continue to do terrible and unspeakable actions against gays. But it is random and not coordinated terror. Now gays look like rednecks and yesterday we stood our ground. You will get what you desire it took blacks more than 200 years to get any equality in this country. They were held in chains and still are in many ways. Gays come along and think they should surpass the black community in receiving equality in a few decades. What the hell is this?

Yesterday I must say straight American's and a large majority much larger than the gay community sent you a message. We still have the ability to derail your desire for couple equality. I will say that one more time Straight American's still have the ability to derail your desire for couple equality. Gays were walking towards this goal in a very logical, patient, and intelligent manner. Are you afraid your messiah is not going to get re-elected and you are desperate? If so you are about to make the biggest mistake that is made over and over in every aspect of life. You got careless you see the finish line so close and you’re either cocky, or afraid.

Do not try to blackmail us into granting what you want. Do not try to use fascist methods of obtaining your goals by recruiting government officials to rage unfair practices against those that do not embrace your beliefs. Do not tread on my freedom of speech ever. I give you your freedom of speech, I have been embracing your desire for couple equality, I have accepted you in my family, in my home and I want to extend my hand in friendship. But, now I have to step back re-evaluate the type of person you really are. I saw you as a person of integrity, and ethics until your vicious attack on a private company and the family that owns it. As my boss said to me many years when I made a mistake in his presence....he said "did you step on your pecker". I humbly replied..."yes I did and it will not happen again". Gay community stepped on its pecker. Got cocky and we have sent you our message. What you do with it will be very interesting. I just hope wisdom kicks in and you go back to the patient, steady, well identified course you were heading . Not a careless, irrational, stomping your feet, beating your chest, force it down our throat deal you pulled over the last few days.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

So I'm nuts because I believe in God? And I'm the judgmental one...I see. So, because I don't think like you, I'm the problem. Who's the real fascist here?

For the record, I could care less about gay marriage. What I care about is the right to have and voice an opinion regardless which side of the fence you are on.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rgzing
reply to post by jtap66

My problem is the manner in which the gay community seems to have a need to advertise their lifestyle choice.

You know I feel the very same way about the Christian community. All those big obnoxious churches, holier than thou messages I'm assaulted with when I drive past one of their signs, nativity scenes and crosses and weeping Jesuses in public view, friggin bells ringing to call them "worship," people congregating before and after their masses and tying up traffic. I mean they broadcast their services on TV!! How is that OK?? ....It's quite sickening really. So I get your point. People should keep their beliefs to themselves and in the privacy of their home where it belongs. Christians should not be allowed to celebrate their beliefs publicly so that I have to be subjected to it. I mean I have children being exposed to this stuff.

You see what I did there? What's good for the goose has to be good for the gander.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It is not often that a company chooses 'core-values' over profits. Chick-Fil-A is one such company. In a time where companies will do anything and everything to grab as much money as possible, Chick-Fil-A chooses to close it's doors on Sundays, which they feel should be observed as a holy day of rest. To me, this is very, very refreshing.

Recently, Dan Cathy, the company's COO, made some comments during an interview with the Baptist Press concerning his beliefs on gay marraige. Cathy said, "We are very much supportive of the family-the biblical definition of the family unit, we are a family-owned business, a family-led business. and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

In choosing to exercise his right to free speech, Cathy has found himself , along with his company in a heated controversy. In this day and age, Cathy's opinions are considered bigoted, hateful, backwards, and primitive.

Mr. Cathy, I salute you.

You once again stood up for what YOU felt was right knowing that it would land you and your company in hot water publicly.

Liberal agendas are constantly being forced down our throat and we are constantly being beaten over the head with them. He wasn't being hateful, he was stating his opinion, and doing so at the risk of his company's well-being. We know what happens when a company is perceived to be an enemy to the social equality movement of the gay community. The media organizes into an army and attempts to maim and destroy.

I happen to work in a shopping center adjacent to a Chick-Fil-A location. This morning driving into work I noticed lines 50 yards long stretching out of Chick-Fil-A's main entrance. Also, cars were stretched halfway down the block and there were dozens of people outside in the parking lot. Living in Tulsa, where there is a above average population of gay people, I just knew that all the people must have been involved in a protest against Dan Cathy's stance. I was pleasantly surprised when some of my colleagues went over to check on the situation and reported that the crowd was there to show silent support of Chick-Fil-A. Again, this is very, very refreshing. I will continue to choose Chick-Fil-A over other 'fast food' businesses because I appreciate how the company stand's behind its principles. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they chose to champion the rights of insects. If that meant that they chose their beliefs over the security of their profits, I would respect that.

Because these people would never have a conservative agenda? Speak out all you want but I for one will not support Chick-Fil-A for several reasons. First off its a corporation with franchises so if you ask me this whole family run thing is a farce. Second its fast-food which is horrible for people. Third these are closed minded people who shout the doctrines of hate while claiming to be loving religious people. Its not their crappy food that gets caught in my throat. Its their hypocrisy.

edit on 2-8-2012 by TRGreer because: Typo

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato

Originally posted by rgzing
reply to post by jtap66

My problem is the manner in which the gay community seems to have a need to advertise their lifestyle choice.

You know I feel the very same way about the Christian community. All those big obnoxious churches, holier than thou messages I'm assaulted with when I drive past one of their signs, nativity scenes and crosses and weeping Jesuses in public view, friggin bells ringing to call them "worship," people congregating before and after their masses and tying up traffic. I mean they broadcast their services on TV!! How is that OK?? ....It's quite sickening really. So I get your point. People should keep their beliefs to themselves and in the privacy of their home where it belongs. Christians should not be allowed to celebrate their beliefs publicly so that I have to be subjected to it. I mean I have children being exposed to this stuff.

You see what I did there? What's good for the goose has to be good for the gander.

point well made! kudos.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by torqpoc

So I'm nuts because I believe in God? And I'm the judgmental one...I see. So, because I don't think like you, I'm the problem. Who's the real fascist here?

For the record, I could care less about gay marriage. What I care about is the right to have and voice an opinion regardless which side of the fence you are on.

Your rights to voice your opinion are also the exact same rights I have... except I am not harking on about a God who has instigated mass murder by his followers and worse throughout history (and still to this day), or posting crud about some fascist company who promote gay hate.

Voicing an opinion is great, as long as the opinion is not one of hate. Get a life and a grip on reality.. Hitler voiced an opinion regarding the final solution and look what happened. Hate is hate, however you want to paint it.

Now take your right to voice an opinion and see how far it'll get you.

Here's a little nugget: www.forbes.com...

And another: i.imgur.com...

T

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

You are lost. And arrogant as well. Im not going to continue beating my head against a wall in trying to talk to someone who only wants to talk and never listen.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by torqpoc

You are lost. And arrogant as well. Im not going to continue beating my head against a wall in trying to talk to someone who only wants to talk and never listen.

Classic response. I am the one who is lost, because I don't believe in your God right? Who is the arrogant presumptuous one here? You just truly tickled me there.

I have listened, I have read the major holy books, I was caned for not singing at school because it was a Catholic school, I have seen my friends beaten up for being gay, I have seen the hate preached, I have heard the hate preached, I have read my history books and all the vile acts done in the name of your God (and the others mind).

I am the one who is lost huh? Please, please post another gem so I can repost this and tickle a whole bunch of other people with your inane comments.

What exactly do you have to say that's of any worth? You've already praised a bunch of people for supporting a company which openly pushes forward a religious agenda, one which openly spouts hate for people who aren't married according to their own narrow minded religious view of what love is... shall I continue? You're supposed to love thy neighbour, not love thy neighbour if he's white, Christian and heterosexual only... does the irony not floor you? Don't you feel dirty believing those beliefs of yours?

T

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Care whether or not homosexual people choose to express their sexuality in public. It doesn't affect them in any negative way.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I don't care who expresses themselves in public, or how, as long as it's legal. I'm kind of attached to the first amendment of the Constitution, which protects free expression.
If I see something that "affects me in a negative way" (like fat people in short shorts) I look away, because they have the same rights I do. I know not everyone LIKES that, but it's true. Gay people have the right to express themselves, just as straight people do.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Out of all the restaurants,I wont personally go there,its a place that dont need my money to prove a narrow posture,besides they have Gay employees,and they work there because they need the money,not because the preference which is irrelevant.If this is about hipocresy let take a look to ISRAEL the holly land they also have drugs,prostitution,gangs problems,also the military is open to the third gender,its just about the profitable idea for the chain not to go out of bussiness.......NO MORE CHICKEN FOR ME.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just a note on the gay employees at Chick-Fil-A... Four years ago, this gay employee complained about people boycotting the place, because it hurt her wallet. But after her experiences of the "appreciation days", she has changed her tune.

After all, I’m still a closeted gay woman working at a Chick-fil-A in the southern United States. And things these days, well, they’re complicated.
No one really stopped talking about the reasons why today was as busy as it was. The people I work alongside kept going on and on about how powerful it was to be part of such a righteous movement, and how encouraged they were to know that there were so many people who agree with Dan Cathy. They went on at great length about how it was wrong not just for gays to marry, but to exist. One kid, age 19, said “I hope the gays go hungry.”
I think that’s the mentality that drives them—the evangelicals on a quest to take over America, one law at a time, without thinking of who their actions may be harming. Because they disagree with something, it means everyone should disagree with it, and that’s a good enough reason to make it illegal. That’s not the way it works, folks. Disagree with equal marriage rights? Then don’t marry someone of the same sex, and you’re fine.

Source

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Right. So, you have read and seen the deeds of man and of man's religion. You are laying these horrors on faith in God, you should be laying them on the evil of man.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by torqpoc

Right. So, you have read and seen the deeds of man and of man's religion. You are laying these horrors on faith in God, you should be laying them on the evil of man.

It's your religion, perhaps you should do a bit of research....

I'll start you off: www.class.uidaho.edu...

There is always a choice, much like yours to post your OP, choice to love or hate. It is funny how there is so much choice to hate, and kill when it comes to religion, even now in today's day and age.. you post your disappointment in a society which is liberal and tolerant. You applaud the fact others are following suit and trying to do an about face to blame it all on man.. truly pathetic.

T

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join