It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A, Standing Up Against a Liberal Agenda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Congratulations, a lobbying report. People give money everyday to cantidates that they feel they most identify with and that hold their best interests at heart. This doesn't mean they pay to get them elected, or, the pay for laws. Checks and balances, there are still votes.

The bottom line is, when the majority of this country decides that gay marraige is okay, then it will be made into law.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

How easily we could all avoid this conversation if the LGBT community would fight fire with fire.

Form a LGBT church. Have is sanction gay marriage.
When the marriages are denied by the state.
Then take that puppy to the SCOTUS!
Have the SCOTUS legally approve gay marriage under the 4th Amendment.

But here we are.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That is your right.

And I won't protest you because you are exercising it.

See the difference?????

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

That is a very interesting idea indeed.

Actually, the first time I've heard that mentioned.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

point is, the Bible is being used to justify both forms of discrimination. it is a slippery slope, once we say "God is on our Side".

so no, this man's First Amendment Right to spew nonsense is not the same as Slavery... but both factions have justified their nonsense from the same source.

perhaps that is the issue at hand.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

The bottom line is, when the majority of this country decides that gay marraige is okay, then it will be made into law.

That is not how a Constitutional Republic works!

The Framers understood this and built in protections into the Constitution to prevent "tyranny of the masses".

edit on 1-8-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I've mentioned it many times.
I'm surprised myself that I've not seen it more.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Well, isn't marriage a religious ceremony? Why would two gay people want to be recognized by a religious ceremony that wasn't meant for them? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just genuinely curious. Why not have civil-unions instead??? I mean, lobby for civil-unions that guaranteed them the same rights as a married couple.
edit on 1-8-2012 by lambs to lions because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Here is a list of the charities listed in that link you provided, that you are insisting on calling "hate groups":

National Christian Foundation

Here is their vision statement Our vision, mission, and beliefs

Imagine more lost souls hearing the life-changing message of the Gospel, more sick receiving life-saving medicine and surgeries, more missionaries finding support for their travels to the ends of the earth, more clean water for those who thirst, more food for the hungry, more homes for the homeless, more thriving Christian marriages ... the list goes on and on. And imagine all of this being done in the name of Christ, all for the Glory of God. This is the ministry of National Christian Foundation.

My oh my, what a bunch of hate filled tripe that is. I am beginning to understand your disgust with this hate group. How dare they feed the hungry and house the homeless. Haters got to hate!

Fellowship of Christian Athletes

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is touching millions of lives... one heart at a time. Since 1954, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ. FCA is the largest Christian sports organization in America. FCA focuses on serving local communities by equipping, empowering and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.

Yep. It's a good thing you supplied that link so we could all see for ourselves the level of hate.

Serving Marriages, Inc.

Mission Statement

To honor God at all times.

Oh Dear Lord, that is just way more hate than I can handle!

These are the first three organizations listed by Equality Matters. The Winshape Foundation created by Chic-Fil-A gave $631,600 to the National Christian Foundation, $480,000 to the Fellowship Of Christian Athletes, and $15,000 to Serving Marriages, Inc. These were the three largest donations made by Winshape Foundation. These are the groups you are calling hate groups.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

How easily we could all avoid this conversation if the LGBT community would fight fire with fire.

Form a LGBT church. Have is sanction gay marriage.
When the marriages are denied by the state.
Then take that puppy to the SCOTUS!
Have the SCOTUS legally approve gay marriage under the 4th Amendment.

But here we are.

God forbid the "LGBT" take your advice and go to court arguing the Fourth Amendment. Here is the text of that Fourth Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No doubt there are members of this "LGBT" that know how imprudent such a legal argument would be. Perhaps you made a typo and meant to reference the 14th Amendment.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Is it really tyranny though? When a marriage, by law, is between a man and a women, how then is it tyranny? Is it the American majority that is the tyrant here?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thanks for bringing this all to light. I am appauled at the horrific deeds of these "hate" groups. LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Speaking of protests, my buddy lives in Pensacola, FL, reported to me today he saw a man dressed in a cow suit standing in front of Chick-Fil-A holding a WBC protest sign, "God Hates F-word". Not saying Chick-Fil-A put this man out front but hey, he's exercising his rights too. Should I cry about it? Guess what, I can causes it's my right. And the cycle continues...
edit on 1-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Christianity isn't the only religion, first off. i suppose if gay folk want a Wiccan religious ceremony, they are welcome to it.

Secondly, a homosexual can be a devout Christian, and still seek to form a loving union in the eyes of their Judeo-Christian God.

as the point is was trying to make earlier, the passages to justify discrimination against homosexuals are few (i believe 7 in total). as well, several of the passages are found in the infamous and dubious Leviticus, where it states that it is an equal abomination to eat Shellfish, touch a pigskin, or trim the corner of your beard.

in other words, we can cherry pick what we want from the bible, and yet (as far as i could tell) there is one common theme we all seem to agree upon: GOD IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Who wants them "banned"? Not me.

I just find them regnant, and don't give them my money.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

agreed. and the one they use from the new testament is used out of context. as par the course/per usual.

they want to be legalized (using old testament for their agenda) with homosexuality but they avoid all the other legalized text that goes along with it. cherry picking it is.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

linky

Interesting.

I'm sure they do good works.
But does the good outweigh the bad?

But you probably haven’t heard about this: according to researcher Bruce Wilson and IRS 990 forms, Invisible Children receives major funding from far-right, anti-gay fundamentalist donors and organizations, chief among them the U.S.-based National Christian Foundation (NCF). The NCF has also provided significant funds to fanatical groups deeply tied to the persecution of LGBT people in Uganda, including that nation’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill.

Do we excuse them actively supporting groups who support the death of gays in another country.
It's a bit scary.

And here from 2006 an expose on the NCF
linky

Here's a big red flag.

In 2003 thirty percent of NCF's total revenues came from five donors who collectively contributed $54.774 million, more than doubling the amount this same quintet provided the year before. Ron Blue serves on the board of the leading donor to NCF-- The Maclellan Foundation, headed by insurance billionaires CNP member Robert H. Maclellan and his cousin Hugh O. Maclellan, Jr.

Tax law and non-profit experts who reviewed NCF documents and their structure for this story were taken aback by this half-billion dollar, multi-layered money machine. Frances Hill described it as "a blending of capitalist entrepreneurship, Christian values and political muscle."

J.J. McNab, a leading charitable and insurance analyst who recently testified before the Senate Finance Committee on donor-advised funds, described NCF as "Enron-like in its complexity."

"Its' complexity is a big red flag," said McNab. "Why so complex? Why so many layers, so many supporting organizations and murky connections?"

After reviewing NCF documents, Frances Hill was stunned by the maze.

"It may be they are trying to hide money trails, " she said. "Such as every time they engage in a transaction there is a fee that benefits a financial advisor or broker. This complexity also is a conflict of interest signal. It's utterly and completely unnecessary. I haven't heard of anything quite like it."

Enron like is not a term I'd like to hear.
edit on 1-8-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

Congratulations, a lobbying report. People give money everyday to cantidates that they feel they most identify with and that hold their best interests at heart. This doesn't mean they pay to get them elected, or, the pay for laws. Checks and balances, there are still votes.

congratulations. missing the point entirely. part of chic fil hate's money is going to fund others who believe certain people shouldn't have rights that we in america have. I do not support that. You have all the right to do that if you want. I am not telling you what to do. I am making a decision to not do business with a company because i found and believe are practicing subtle discrimination. how can i make this simpler for you?

how are they not supporting discrimination? their politics in this matter have lead a number of people to further discriminate and hate and lend their ignorant views on a group of people.

if a company came out and said they supported same sex marriage and funded companies that persecuted christians (a group of people) and denied them their civil rights, i would not support them either with my money.

edit on 1-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

exactly. just because your company funds go to do some good and then also fund things that promote hate/evil does not = good and definitely does not = something i will support with money.

your company is free to have its money fund what u want it to and i can not deny the company its right to do whatever it wants with its money. but i can stop giving MY money to it.

this discrimination against people period needs to stop. Jesus was never about that.

edit on 1-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Normally people who are against gay marriage are against everything else too,,like interracial marriage. If they came out and said they were against it ,only racists would eat there, kinda like now. People really need to mind there own business and stop worrying about others,,GAY PEOPLE WERE MADE FROM STRAIGHT PEOPLE ! DONT LIKE GAYS ? STOP HAVING BABIES !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join