It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ultra-Orthodox lose army exemption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Ultra-Orthodox Jews believe the Tal Law should be kept

That should be interesting...

Defence Minister Ehud Barak has given Israel's army one month to prepare to conscript ultra-Orthodox Jews, after a law exempting them expired at midnight (21:00 GMT) on Tuesday.

In February, the Supreme Court ruled the Tal Law, under which seminary students can defer military service, unconstitutional.

It said a revised law should be drafted by the end of July, but the political parties have failed to reach agreement.

Secular Israelis say the law is unfair.

And this...

Ultra-Orthodox leader Meir Porush, a former Knesset member, told Associated Press that any attempt to conscript members of his community would unleash "civil war", but added that the army was itself unlikely to want religious conscripts.

"The Israeli military is not ready, won't be ready and doesn't want to be ready" to draft ultra-Orthodox Jews, Mr Porush said.

What do you think ?

BBC
edit on 31-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Even King David had a standing army and it was used. You gotta do what you gotta do.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The Hasidic jews, in their own way, have been resisting the Ashkenazi Zionists desire for expansion for many years. This could be punishment or threat of punishment for their opposition to the Israeli government's eternal land grab.
edit on 31-7-2012 by abdel because: Punctuation error. forget about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Not punishment.....assimilation....drafting these guys they hope will get them out of such a radical environment and into actually doing some fighting which as we all know chaanges people....
Thinmk of all the hassids comming home with PTSD and shellshock who will not be the same again,,,this will eventually break the strength of the hassids reigious dogmas (IMHO)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't see why gods chosen people can't just get god to do all the slaughtering and genocide of innocent people for them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
From my understanding the Hasidic jew is the Jew that gives the Jew a bad rap. They have traditionally been the most demanding and least contributing so why are they being idolized now?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
this is just sad. Why make a peaceful people who do not want to pick up arms against another of God's creation fight if their law forbids it?

I am at a loss. We need more people who refuse to kill each other like animals with clothing. Not more able bodied people picking up where the last cave man left off.

Sad day for Jews.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Why make a peaceful people who do not want to pick up arms against another of God's creation fight if their law forbids it?

Peaceful ? I'm not sure...

Ultra-Orthodox leader Meir Porush, a former Knesset member, told Associated Press that any attempt to conscript members of his community would unleash "civil war"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Civil War in Israel ?? .... excellent ... that's exactly what we need to get rid of the criminals.

Assuming the good guys win that is.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I am at a loss. We need more people who refuse to kill each other like animals with clothing. Not more able bodied people picking up where the last cave man left off.

Don't hold your breath waiting on that fantasy to come true, you'll suffocate. There's still plenty of killing to be done before the end comes. Not saying i desire blood on mine or anyone else's hands, but there's only way way this is going to end for humanity. Mankind cannot change on his own or we woulda done it already. As long as there is one man drawing breath who desires to take from someone else because he doesn't have it, there will always be war, murder and theft. We see this play out every day by the millions all across the world. Whenever someone comes up with an invention that could be used to benefit mankind, you got people figuring out how to weaponize it. That's GG for humanity. We only got one hope, and he will come soon enough or we'll destroy ourselves.

new topics

top topics

join