It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bag of kittens !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayarea

One time on the day after haloween, we found to dogs, chained around the neck on oppisite ends of the same chain, and thrown over the branch. They were left to hang. Luckily there were pretty sturdy dogs and survived. After some time I got them down (they were a little PO-ed as I would be). They lived with my family until an opening was found at a rescue shelter. They were great dogs and lasted all of a day at the shelter before going to a good home.

A pretty good ending for a what could have been a lousy story. BTW, I really would have liked to find out who did the hanging. Their story may have not turned out so well.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Originally posted by MrWendal

I got news for you.. I have seen much much worse. You would be shocked what people will do to animals like cats and dogs.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying.

Most people are idiots. Anymore, I rarely get shocked by the cruelty of people. Even though I often cannot understand why people do the things that they do, I am not surprised. I just thought it was that much more strange that they would do so in such a unique bag.

I assume the location was probably random, and whoever did this probably doesn't live anywhere near the OP, but still, there just can't be too many people that have that exact bag.

I don't know, I suppose their immense ignorance in regards to using that bag, could actually be a good thing. Not a good thing from their perspective, but from mine. Maybe someone will recognize that bag.

Could've turned out differently, but it appears that these kittens are doing well. It's not my place to say whether or not there should be any sort of punishment, but people should know about this act. Maybe someone will see the article, and recognize the bag. People they work with, neighbors, friends, family, etc... should know. Now, maybe they will know.

edit on 8/2/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayarea

Originally posted by Grayarea

Not sure what's up but I can't edit the first post to add a link to the story so I'll just add it here.

www.edmontonsun.com...

A local TV station has picked up on the story and came out to talk to me about it, they said that they will be putting it on the news at 6:00 today. They are hoping a video of the bag and kittens will help find the person that did this. I hope the jerk gets nailed to the wall.

There is a time limit on editing posts. You can't edit it now, but a Mod can edit it for you. If you still want them to, click the 'Alert' and just explain it to them.

reply to post by nixie_nox

Originally posted by nixie_nox

This is why I am such a huge advocate for spay and neutering.

Me too!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/mu501ac94d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu501ace21.jpg[/atsimg]

Obviously, this one↓ isn't exactly the same thing, but I sure do like it.lol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hh501ace08.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Adorable!!! I can't believe someone can literally just dump a bag of kittens somewhere, and just walk away without feeling any kind of remorse. It is disturbing how many scumbags there are in the world

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well CTV did have a short clip on TV but I think what they posted on their web page has more content and another picture if anyone is interested.

edmonton.ctvnews.ca...

It's too bad they never really showed the entire bag.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If you have a lot of cats that need homes, try putting adds on kijiji.
A lot of people in my town look there, before hitting up the shelters. Then make the people who come to pick them up pay a certain amount, say $25, with the promise they will get their money back when they get the cat spayed/neutered.
Don't say in your add "free to a good home"... people give value to things they pay for. Free cats are cheap and disposable.

I was once told a story about a family that would adopt a puppy every summer, only to have them euthanized the next year. Their reason? Adopting a puppy was cheaper than paying kennel fees when they went on vacation.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Originally posted by smilesmcgee

If you have a lot of cats that need homes, try putting adds on kijiji.
A lot of people in my town look there, before hitting up the shelters. Then make the people who come to pick them up pay a certain amount, say $25, with the promise they will get their money back when they get the cat spayed/neutered.
It sure seems like you honestly believe that is a good idea. There are many flaws within this↑ suggestion of yours. Here are just a few of them:

• If anyone has "a lot of cats that need homes.", then there are some obvious issues that need to be dealt with, aside from simply finding them new homes.

• I have never heard of 'Kijiji', and I'm sure that I am not alone on that. That may very well be a popular website in 'your town', but this lil thing that we're using right now, which is called 'The Internet', reaches all the way around the World.

• If your only goal is that you want to help an animal find a good home, then you don't make demands for cash.

Originally posted by smilesmcgee

I was once told a story about a family that would adopt a puppy every summer, only to have them euthanized the next year. Their reason? Adopting a puppy was cheaper than paying kennel fees when they went on vacation.
    I once watched a movie, that told a story wherein Jim Carey took over God's job, because God(aka Morgan Freeman) wanted to take a break. One part of that story, told about how Jim Carey made a monkey climb out of a Mexican guy's butt.

Anybody can tell any story they want, but that doesn't mean there is any truth to it.

edit on 8/3/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

It is best to ask a fee because many snake owners take free cats for food for their enormouse snakes.
    Not good!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:07 AM
    link   
    Oh my god

I looked at those poor kittens' face and had an "awwh" overload!! They are so cute!
    I could not imagine leaving something so cute and fluffy and vulnerable in the world without any help! I hope whoever chucked them gets what's coming to them! Poor little dears. I don't think I could ever throw my cats away, even if they do drive me crazy sometimes haha

Rustyy

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Night Star

Not only that but laboratories too.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
    link   
    Who doesn't know what Kijiji is? Its like Craigslist.. surely you have heard of that. Look it up.

Second of all.. the person who told me the story of the puppy.... was the vet's assistant that was helping euthanize them... so it is true..
    Why are you so negative?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
    link   
    Well I never expected this to go as far as it did but I'm happy it did ! Another TV station picked up the story and now the Edmonton Humane Society has a video on youtube, plus a facebook deal asking for people to name the kittens before they get adopted (I don't use facebook). The Humane Society video is the most accurate account, not sure what the others were hearing when I talked to them lol

www.cbc.ca...

www.youtube.com...

I'm so glad they will soon be in a home that WANTS them

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
    link   
    Ahhhhh, those pictures have made me melt into a big puddle of soppyness
    soooo cute and fluffy!!

On a more serious note though, how people abandon animals is beyond me. Really cannot fathom peoples logic, when is it ever a better option to dump them versus taking them to an animal shelter?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
    link   
    awwwwwww
    the grey ones I think are part Russian Blue...I could be wrong seeing as how the white and black ones are different
    I hope you find a home for them...kitties at the pound make me sad

actually any animal at a pound makes me sad

good luck tracking down the kittyditcher >

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join