It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan: Give us Bush & Blair, we’ll give you Bashir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Check out the set on this guy.
CNN

Amanpour asked Alazreg whether Sudan will hand over the country’s president, Omar al-Bashir, who has been indicted by the International Criminal Court. Alazreg responded by saying that Sudan is “willing to hand over whomever, provided that America hands over Bush and the United Kingdom hands over Blair.”

A short blog entry on CNN's Christiane Amanpour website. This is very telling of what African leaders among others think about the United State/UK and it's denouncing of other dictators around the world who are charged with crimes against humanity.

~Tenth
edit on 7/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When I read these stories I always wonder if people like Bush or Cheney or Blaire keep up with the news.

If I were Bush, I think I'd be paranoid! What that must be like, to be so universally reviled.

Hopefully we can all see true justice in our lifetimes.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I say its a fair deal. ANd besides he does bring up a good point. What's the difference between the actions of George Bush Jr and Bashir. Not much at the end of the day. I think it points out that the US isn't fooling the rest of the world like we did from 1940-1980 that we are some example for the rest of the world as to what it means to be the top of civilization and society. Obviously we are not.

SHows us how much we have our heads up our asses and think that our example and opinion somehow out ways the average china man or european or south american. Cause lat time I went abroad people had legit opinions and intelligent things to say or comment on wherever I went.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Totally agree with you're post. Indulge me please, as this video is a classic and to you're point. NSFW

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I say its a fair deal. ANd besides he does bring up a good point. What's the difference between the actions of George Bush Jr and Bashir. Not much at the end of the day. I think it points out that the US isn't fooling the rest of the world like we did from 1940-1980 that we are some example for the rest of the world as to what it means to be the top of civilization and society. Obviously we are not.

SHows us how much we have our heads up our asses and think that our example and opinion somehow out ways the average china man or european or south american. Cause lat time I went abroad people had legit opinions and intelligent things to say or comment on wherever I went.

edit on 31-7-2012 by crawdad1914 because: NSFW

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Thanks for making my day!!! Needed that little bit of laughter to get me through. Yeah thats pretty much my opinion on what to do with the woman in the video too.

Once I was in asia and the locals I was talking to all thought I must have been canadian. When I said nope US they were surprised. I guess I was one of the first ones to visit in a while that actually took the time to understand their culture and let them speak their opinion first before responding or cutting them off with my opinion which must be what they really were seeking since I'm and american and know better than everyone else.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Thanks for making my day!!! Needed that little bit of laughter to get me through. Yeah thats pretty much my opinion on what to do with the woman in the video too.

Once I was in asia and the locals I was talking to all thought I must have been canadian. When I said nope US they were surprised. I guess I was one of the first ones to visit in a while that actually took the time to understand their culture and let them speak their opinion first before responding or cutting them off with my opinion which must be what they really were seeking since I'm and american and know better than everyone else.

Glad to make you laugh! And glad to hear a traveller abroad doing his/her part to help dispell the Ugly American stereotype. Humility is a virtue, and sadly lacking in our culture.
Peace!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Unfortunately no one has, so far, managed to obtain an indictment for either of them...they should, and then, we could.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yeah so far so good. A few people try to claim that I'm the exception to the general ugly american stereotype when I travel abroad. But I'm doing my part to demonstrate to them that a lot of americans actually are respectful and not arrogant and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Haha what a guy! He has a valid point and makes an interesting proposition.

As for the ugly American stereotype, it's going to have nowhere to hide come February as I'll be visiting from Australia
Really looking forward to getting there and seeing the place first hand...I hear Venice Beach is a great place to be?
edit on 31/7/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe they should adopt a more American policy towards those ends....
Namely, kidnapping, torture and murder...at the very least a secret prison somewhere.
After all, it is the democratic way...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

I don't think George will be leaving the country anytime soon.

Actually according to some reports he doesn't go overseas or anywhere that's not US soil anymore.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Maybe a lot of us Americans could give a rats rear about Sudan. I mean really what has most of central Africa given anybody but grief

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Maybe a lot of us Americans could give a rats rear about Sudan. I mean really what has most of central Africa given anybody but grief
'

Maybe some Americans a disconnected from reality. Perhaps some don't know the reality, or don't want to know that most problems in those nations are the result of interference from the west and Europe.

Yeah I think Africa kinda got the short end of the stick when it comes to it's history and the whole being occupied for the last however long.

I would ask the same question of the United States in the last ten years. What has it done for the rest of the world besides give it grief?

~Tenth

top topics

join