It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

County to spray East End again to curb West Nile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The pesticide is said to be harmless to people and pets when released in low doses.

This is in Allegheny County, in Pittsburgh, PA.

It raises an eyebrow for me. How much is considered a "low dose"? And I mean spraying a pesticide over an entire area? All because there are ALLEGEDLY West Nile virus-infected mosquitos?

I really don't trust this. Even if they are telling the truth, look at how easy it is for them to find an excuse to spray chemicals all over the general population and no one hardly raises any objections.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

What other method do you suggest?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

They're spraying this stuff in Phoenix too.

I agree it seems to be a bit extreme. If people are worried about mosquitoes then spray some "OFF" or light one of those candles. I don't think we need to be spraying more chemicals on such a large scale!
edit on 31-7-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's done in MN too. What's funny is it only kills the current batch of larvae and adults. As soon as it wears off or we get a rainfall, new ones move in. In a week or two, the population will be back to what it was. I have some friends who spray their yard regularly. They don't have any less mosquitos than I do on my property. I wonder if it kills all insects.

top topics

join