It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists Attacked by Zombies – sort of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
No strangers to controversy, the radical nuts from the Kansas based Westboro Baptist church were given a taste of their own medicine once again when they were confronted by….ZOMBIES!

The members of the Westboro Baptist Church are known for sparking anger and counter-demonstrations. Eight of their members spread their anti-gay message on the streets of DuPont.

The demonstrators used repeated slurs and claimed soldiers died because God is angry with America over gay marriage and tolerance of "gay lifestyles."

Across the street from the Westboro protestors were counter-demonstrators who supported soldiers, and many of them dressed up as zombies after a Facebook campaign.

“I think that their message is very hateful, and Jesus was not a hateful person. He loved everybody,” said counter-demonstrator Ashley Winslow.

KIRO 7 Eyewitness News spoke with another counter-demonstrator, Ashlee Nerad, who said her group came because of family ties to the military.

“I come from a long line of military, including my husband, so when they protests my troops, I’m going to protect my First Amendment rights and protest them,” said Nerad.
link

I don’t know what can be said about these people at Westboro Baptist church. They have every right to protest but are they really appealing to anyone?? Even the people who might agree with their anti-gay marriage and anti-military stance are turned off by their antics so what exactly are they accomplishing?

Oh well, it was nice to see a counter demonstration once again. Anyone seeking to protest should take notes; Westboro Baptist is exactly how NOT to do it effectively.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Erm, sorry, but, it's been posted before.

Westboro Zombies in ATS SEARCH equals this thread

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Please add to existing thread.

Closed.

join