It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird feeling/presence, for me and my girlfriend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yesterday I had a feeling I think I've never experienced before. It was 2h in the mornign when I began feeling nervous, really nervous. My whole body was shaking and my heart was racing. I tried to sleep it off (I hadn't taken any drugs/sugar/caffeine) but I just got worse. Then I felt like there was something in my room with me. I got really scared then, like I had never been before. I had to get up and turn on all the lights in my house. Only when my roomates arrived home the feeling went away and I was able calm down and sleep.

This morning, my girlfried was at work when she felt like someone was with her, she even felt a tap on her shoulder. She went to the bathroom and saw a shadow, even though there was no one there.

This is weird because we don't live together, and she only told me what happened to her after lunch.

Any ideas what this might've been? I kinda believe in the other side, and I've had other occasions where I felt presences, but I've never been scared of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by playguy

Panic attack brought on by the ever amazing changes in the human body as it grows from from teen, to young adult, and onward?

Your body and brain is entirely capable of playing tricks on you if you let it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
but I'm 22, shouldn't that be over by now?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by playguy

Your body keeps changing throughout your life.
Most drastic changes occur during puberty, and then around 40-45, and then some more in the 60s.
Between 20-30 you're still going through hormonal changes and don't really reach adulthood until about 25, where then you level off and remain fairly static for about a decade.

Changes in environment, sexual activity, partners, diet, work routine, exercise, and even wealth or lack of it can effect your physiology.

Other more subtle effects than can cause drastic side effects involves what you do with your brain. If you occupy yourself with free-time activities that involve spooky things, for instance, your subconscious will gnaw on that stuff and trigger sympathetic responses like irrational fear for no reason because you've been dwelling on that kind of material, even if consciously it really doesn't scare you or freak you out at all, the deeper subconscious can and will run with it all sorts of ways.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen to me a few times. i would wake up around the same time you stated and my heart would racing, sorta like the feeling you get when you narrowly escaped death. It felt like someone or something was in the room with me waiting to attack. Even after turning on the lights I still have that feeling

I personally think its a panick or anxiety attack and when that happens your adrenaline kicks in, your flight or fight response kicks in and your senses are heightened which my be why you get the feeling there is someone in there with you.

I cant explain what happend to your gf though. Did you tell her what happend to you before she had her experiances?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

That was a nice bit of information, thank you. I do enjoy paranormal subjects, and I think you're right when you say that our subconcious has a different take on what we experience. But I don't understand how my girlfriend would get the same sort of experience.

ussoldier, I only told her what happened at lunch, it happened to her at around 8 am or so.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by playguy

What Druscilla said is exactly correct... oooorrrr it could be a demonic entity.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by playguy

I'm pushing 50 ended up in ER in the past decade because it's almost impossible to tell a heart attack from severe panic disorders because the symptoms are nearly identical. Doctors don't like to do a ton of bloodwork or EKG (ECG) on people unless they truly feel someone is in danger of dying.

and people have heart attacks at all age. If you have medical insurance you should have gone right to the ER with those symptoms. not to scare you but it could be a precursor to a heart condition you may not know about. Perhaps a murmur ? And don't get freaked out, many people have them. But if you have insurance get checked out. if you don't perhaps you can find a free clinic to help get as much information as possible. I believe a murmor can be found just by listening in on your heart just by a doctor alone.

Then of course I think about chameleon suits and certain people as being subjects to mind games.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It could be something physical, as a panic attack that was already mentioned. However, being that your girlfriend experience a visitation, I think someone is trying to get your attention.

Do the two of you (both) know anyone who has passed over that may be trying to send you a message?

If it happens again, ask the spirit what it wants. If it seems to be evil, renounce it in the name of Jesus Christ, and do a house smudging with sage telling all evil spirits to leave. Be forceful with it!

Keep us posted. Good luck.

top topics

join