It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUY CORNING's STOCK - they are fixing to kill the computer industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
the thing about computers is you have to keep up with technology or you become obsolete.
the way your cell phone works is called thin client computing - where all the muscle is on the server.
and you are just provided with results. take a look at the glass around you.
and ask youself WHATS NEXT.... and if you get right down to it.... you dont need a computer....
its a security risk to the system - so the next step is to take away and just give you the output without
creative input. and I think Corning has it right - just provide you with results..... everywhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
How close are they to making this happen? Looked like a bunch of CGI to me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

good quesiton - I went to the site www.corning.com and they have several displays for computers - but none described what the video shows..... >>>?
I dont know -

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am sure this type of Kitchen is 5-10 years a way. The technology has always been there, but Corporations need to squeeze out the Profits from all OLD tech to move on. The Military doesnt have that option but will only use the new tech when needed.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No thanks, I'll keep my old tech computers and accesories.
All that junk looks like a power leech.
Plus I don't like all of my stuff being on a public server, I keep my sensetives on a removable usb.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Corning is already pretty established. they make gorilla glass which is what most if not all of the high end smart phones use for their displays. I've had corning stock for quite some time and its always been good to me.

www.corninggorillaglass.com...

Also, a day made of glass 2

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Good luck keeping all that stuff smudge-free

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Super! Now we can be berated by advertisements everywhere! Walk up to a door? Advertisement! Wanna grab something out of the fridge? Advertisement! Want to enjoy the view out of the nearest window? Advertisement!

I see a future in this technology, only I don't believe it will be as clean as it's being demonstrated in the video.

Now, if this were to manifest as advertisements everywhere, then my money will go to the company that sells a proximity advertisement blocker.

ETA: I remember some years ago, fixing computers on the cheap for the elderly because I hated seeing them get ripped off. I would turn on their machine and there would be pop-ups everywhere! Imagine an old couple's kitchen being covered from ceiling to floor with pop-ups! LOL

edit on 30-7-2012 by Deemo Diablo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
Now, if this were to manifest as advertisements everywhere, then my money will go to the company that sells a proximity advertisement blocker.

Now theres the real money maker right there

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I could see that. Plus a lot of ogmented and virtual reality all taking over your life more and more until one day here's where you end up:

edit on 30-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Samsung has a tv that tou can see thru.

money.cnn.com...

The technology is here, it would be a case of supply and demand at first. And then it would be the thing of watching our tech evolve around us and it becoming an everyday tool. like how our phones and computers took a nice leap to androids and tablets.
corning in my guess would be the makers of the glass. the company or companies that they associate with (Tech wise) would be the money maker.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Sounds like an awful Idea, it sounds like a sure fire method for server hosts to moderate every ounce of information we access and an idiot proof method for corporate america to siphon money from the millenium babys.It would also disallow creative input from the common man. It would not provide increased security, because the people with the no how, can easily hack cell phones now, imagine if you didn't have the opportunity to stop them via 3rd party methods which are usually more reliable. Finally it would take away from privacy function you have access to using a personal computer at home.

new topics

top topics

join