It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the biggest flaws with "New Age" mysticism...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
One of the biggest problems with New Age mysticism I believe is the alleged 2012 event slated to be shoved down the throats of all human beings whether or not they are ready for this transition or not. Truth is, a great majority of the human species aren't.

As you sit there at your computer and read this, you've manifested this. You've brought yourself here, you've chosen to read this and take in this information. You create your reality. This directly contradicts the 2012 hypothesis. What if nothing happens in 2012? Is it the result of some omnipotent superbeing delaying the transition... or is it you?

It is on us to determine when we transition to... well... where ever the hell that may be. As you read this, you are God. As you are consciously interpreting and subconsciously manipulating the world around you, you have become the Creator. Whatever happens on the microcosm and macrocosm is up to you at this present moment. No 2012 "doomsday" or "transition" event is going to happen without you allowing it do so.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian

Truth is, a great majority of the human species aren't.

Isn't that more of a flaw with the human species than with "New Age" mysticism?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

As you sit there at your computer and read this, you've manifested this. You've brought yourself here, you've chosen to read this and take in this information. You create your reality. This directly contradicts the 2012 hypothesis. What if nothing happens in 2012? Is it the result of some omnipotent superbeing delaying the transition... or is it you?

The universe is our mirror...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

If you actually believe that each person creates physical reality as they perceive whatever it is that they perceive as being that reality (which, I guess must be pre-made in anticipation of their perceiving it by themselves somehow) then how can you insist that anything at all is illogical? Hell, you've got (at last count) over 7 billion completely independent, yet actual, realities being created from instant to instant at this very moment, so why start getting picky over weak logic as it relates to whatever the hell the New Agers are selling about 12-21-2012?

Trust me, no one's ascending anywhere this year, or next year, and the reasons why are a lot more numerous and insurmountable than those you noted. I wouldn't even know where to start if required to quantify the failures connected to that silly ascendance premise. The whole 2012 thing is based on bad translations of stone carvings that were done by people who thought that cutting the hearts out of each other was a bankable success strategy. What about all of that slaughtering each other suggests that these people had any idea what the hell they were doing?

Seriously. We'd be locking those freaks up if they were still around. Not consulting with them over the largest questions facing the human race.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

This is pretty much an incomplete thought. I'd suggest going back and clarifying, while some of what you are trying to say may have some validity, you seem to be working out your idea as you are stating it. You state something as fact with a level of condescension and anger that is wholly unwarranted given how little extrapolation is provided. Blanket terms that cover "all people" in some bumper sticker category is never a sign of anything evolved, but more a sign of confusion and frustration with one's self.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

The thing that people are yet to realize is that yes everything is being created INCLUDING the matrix that supports creation. The blueprint for how we create/ what we are able to create is also created. in a way that is straightforward no transition can be made until the matrix is dismantled/ recreated. this means that the very way in which we create is going to change (from creating via the mind to creating via the heart). energetically/ technically there is a big difference between the two.

because like you said everything is created there are believe it or not people (including myself) who are working on this.. and have been for a long time. i am so far beyond trying to convince anybody of this but pretty soon it will become apparent when the old matrix begins to collapse and the actual transition can begin. this is what 2012 is all about...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
reply to post by Davian

This is pretty much an incomplete thought. I'd suggest going back and clarifying, while some of what you are trying to say may have some validity, you seem to be working out your idea as you are stating it. You state something as fact with a level of condescension and anger that is wholly unwarranted given how little extrapolation is provided. Blanket terms that cover "all people" in some bumper sticker category is never a sign of anything evolved, but more a sign of confusion and frustration with one's self.

Yeah and so what if I am? Condescension? Anger? My fellow forum-goer you have no idea what in the # or how in the # I think, you don't know me. This topic isn't about me so get back on topic and quit trying to de-rail the topic because you don't agree with how I think. If you disagree, tell me why, but don't directly insult me, that is just a show of immaturity and ignorance. Obviously you do not know what in the hell I'm talking about, not the other way around, you are just using that to scapegoat and shroud the fact that it is you who doesn't understand. I am not going to sugarcoat my ideas for you, because the world doesn't revolve around you.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolet
reply to post by Davian

The thing that people are yet to realize is that yes everything is being created INCLUDING the matrix that supports creation. The blueprint for how we create/ what we are able to create is also created. in a way that is straightforward no transition can be made until the matrix is dismantled/ recreated. this means that the very way in which we create is going to change (from creating via the mind to creating via the heart). energetically/ technically there is a big difference between the two.

because like you said everything is created there are believe it or not people (including myself) who are working on this.. and have been for a long time. i am so far beyond trying to convince anybody of this but pretty soon it will become apparent when the old matrix begins to collapse and the actual transition can begin. this is what 2012 is all about...

...and we'll all be able to experience this, or will it be another "velvet rope" event (like when the world ended for the Jehovah Witnesses at the turn of the last century, while everyone else "missed it" somehow). Is it okay to bookmark this thread and revisit it on the 22nd of December? Or is that being abusive of me?

What on Earth are you going to do when the "transition" just doesn't take place? I mean, if you honestly have based your entire view of reality on this massive transformation happening this year, then you've really made yourself vulnerable to a lot more than just a disappointment if/when it just plain doesn't happen. Then again, maybe you're just another poseur that'll be retiring their board name and avatar around Christmas time this year. I'm sure the member listings here will be going through some big adjustments as this year comes to a close.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

The problem with "new age" is half baked. All light, no dark.

The underground stream, carried throughout each iteration of humanity teaches the rules that our reality is based on.

Life is a cycle, there is work required to manipulate the duality, triad, elements, cardinal directions and forces.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

There was plenty of New age mysticism prior to the discovery of the Mayan calendar, and whatever eventuates on the 21st of December 2012 New Age mysticism will continue on long afterwards.

The beauty with the New Age belief system is that there is no hard and fast dogma, so to assume that we all believe that everyone who has 'opened their hearts' will ascend to the 5th Dimension or whatever on the 21st is just plain wrong. In fact making broad generalizations and then including everyone who could possibly be considered 'new age' is a little foolish to say the least.

For those who do believe that the Mayan calendar is in fact significant, the beliefs regarding what will exactly happen on the 21st of December vary so much will be almost impossible to say if anyone was indeed right or wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah I'm not even sure there is a New Age Mysticism. Mysticism has been around before we can remember. I think the "new age" moniker was adapted to part-time mystics, who, after satiating their mystic needs, go back to watching television, playing on their computer, and eating microwave dinners. In other words, they're mystic only when it's convenient.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Davian

Yeah and so what if I am? Condescension? Anger? My fellow forum-goer you have no idea what in the # or how in the # I think, you don't know me. This topic isn't about me so get back on topic and quit trying to de-rail the topic because you don't agree with how I think. If you disagree, tell me why, but don't directly insult me, that is just a show of immaturity and ignorance. Obviously you do not know what in the hell I'm talking about, not the other way around, you are just using that to scapegoat and shroud the fact that it is you who doesn't understand. I am not going to sugarcoat my ideas for you, because the world doesn't revolve around you.

Thank you for more condescension. It seems by the smattering of posts to your OP, no one knows what you are going on about and even fewer care to reply. I'd comment on your OP if I had the slightest clue was to what you were actually trying to say vs what you actually said. But since you feel you were not only clear enough, but have stumbled upon a greater truth, I suggest you look to get a publisher and publish it for everyone to read, though don't be surprised when the editor asks you to clarify what you have written, as while it may be clear in your head it isn't on the page.

Condescension always reveals the lack of enlightenment, be careful of using it as a weapon to make people understand what you feel they must - it only discredits you.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

i have to disagree with any uplifting transition that will not affect everybody on the planet...

this UpLifting or Ascension happems despite our individual willingness to participate/ or Not

belief will not be a factor as you seem to imply...
the new-agers tell us that the whole Planets resonance will be upped so that even the dullards and fundamentally evil people will be invo;untarily uplifted to a better, and more moralistic & eglaritarian way of thought

supposedly because of the Sun & Earths' position in relation to the higher frequency of the band of energy we call the Galactic Equatorial Plane will excite our pineal & pituitary & hippothalamus and that other organ in the middle of our brains.

its not a question if we are willing ro get 'changed'... its a matter of us All being radiated and the individual responses to the higher energy stimulus...

some will experience a lot less than others, there seems to be no way to determine just who becomes Saintly and just whom just becomes a little more sanguine as a reaction to the higher frequency/ resonance

- Wikipedia ......
4 humours in respective order: choleric, melancholic, sanguine, and phlegmatic. ...
The temperaments are sanguine (pleasure-seeking and sociable), choleric ......
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/four_temperaments

hope this helps

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Davian

Thank you for more condescension. It seems by the smattering of posts to your OP, no one knows what you are going on about and even fewer care to reply. I'd comment on your OP if I had the slightest clue was to what you were actually trying to say vs what you actually said. But since you feel you were not only clear enough, but have stumbled upon a greater truth, I suggest you look to get a publisher and publish it for everyone to read, though don't be surprised when the editor asks you to clarify what you have written, as while it may be clear in your head it isn't on the page.

Condescension always reveals the lack of enlightenment, be careful of using it as a weapon to make people understand what you feel they must - it only discredits you.

I don't have to prove anything to you and I am done talking to you. Believe what you want, but I don't have to clarify myself if I don't feel like it, and I don't, so deal with it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

It is not a contradiction. They say that "the shift" will be a subjective experience...

For some it may be Jesus, or Buddha, or for non-believers the transition may be natural but it'll happen fast, like quick peace in the world all of a sudden or something like this.

This is what some think.
edit on 31-7-2012 by arpgme because: opinion

top topics

join