It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: Tokyo protest breaks through barriers and spills onto streets as tens of thousands gather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Tens of thousands of people protested against nuclear power outside Japan’s parliament on Sunday

[...]

On the main avenue leading to the assembly, the crowd broke through the barriers and spilled onto the streets, forcing the police to bring in reinforcements and deploy armoured buses to buttress the main parliament gate.

Reuters:

Here is another story on the protests:

Thousands of people have been protesting against nuclear power outside Japan’s parliament in Tokyo.

All of the country’s atomic reactors were shut down after last year’s Fukushima disaster but two plants were controversially restarted this month.

“We won’t allow any more reactors to restart,” said one of the protest leaders. “We want to hammer this demand home to the government.”

Japan

I support the people of Japan, there is no telling how many people have been harmed by the nuclear disaster they have faced.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Seems to me like they've been managing moderately well this entire time without nuclear power plants. Here in Australia we don't have any nuclear power plants and we are just fine. The Japanese Government needs to listen to the people instead of nuclear lobbyists.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Pay attention to how much of this gets into the American media.
Don't hold your breath waiting.

(Maybe this is the wrong forum for this topic?)
edit on 29-7-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I wonder if fox jut didn't get PERMISSION to be journalists after they got the memo.

Maybe Murdoch hates Asians as much as his "white trash moron" viewers, as he says.

top topics

join