It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge anti-nuclear protest in Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Reuters: Tokyo protest breaks through barriers and spills onto streets as tens of thousands gather — Police forced to deploy armoured buses to buttress Parliament’s gates

Tens of thousands of people protested against nuclear power outside Japan's parliament on Sunday, the same day a proponent of using renewable energy to replace nuclear following the Fukushima disaster was defeated in a local election.

The protesters, including old-age pensioners, pressed up against a wall of steel thrown up around the parliament building shouting, "We don't need nuclear power" and other slogans.

On the main avenue leading to the assembly, the crowd broke through the barriers and spilled onto the streets, forcing the police to bring in reinforcements and deploy armoured buses to buttress the main parliament gate.

www.reuters.com...

I believe a little over 30% power generation in Japan is from nuclear, so I hope they realize that if they leave the nuclear power plants offline they are going to suffer brownouts. If they want to go to clear forms of energy, they should start developing it now so down the line they can rely less on nuclear power.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
too late now

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That's a lot of people, and I support them.
As horrible as the disasters in Japan have been, hopefully it will begin a chain reaction in protests and gather more attention all over the globe.

There are many other forms of cleaner, safer power.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mellok

no main stream news coverage in UK , i do wonder whether Fukishima is a World ending [or altering ] event as the alternative media trumpets?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If we can build solar panels to collect the suns energy, then why cant we create x-ray panels to create electricity from X-rays and turn this Fukushima thing into a more sealed controlled new way to treat nuclear problems and still get electricity from it! Can they restructure fukushima plant by sealing it and restructuring a facility around it, kind of retro grade it into a bigger version reactor? 1000 times radioactive particle powder escaping! ..There's got to be something that can turn X-rays into electricity, it can' be that different from the solar panel designs we already use!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Modern people cant seem to make up their minds, they want electrical power for everything but think they are entitled to live without consequences, they think producing energy safe, green, clean, cheap and in large amounts is easy, when every energy sources in nature is destructive and very harmful to life.

The universe doesn't care what you want or expect of it and tossing out nuclear power wont help anybody in this overpopulated selfish world, it will only sate peoples ego about "saving humanity" and keep us delayed in making nuclear power safer, more useful and more efficient, such abhorrence of everything nuclear has held our advancement back by decades and has let us fall into such a pathetic state as we've become, by relying on fossil fuels and dangerous chemicals that are more in contact with us in our daily lives and worse than nuclear radiation

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I was at that protest. Yes, it was massive. I got a one hour video of it up on Youtube. I am still a new user to this site so cannot post the vid just yet. Once I hit the 20 post min. I got lot of stuff to drop on yall from Japan. I have been covering the situation in Japan for a while now. It is real dirty business. So dirty in fact that I wonder when we will find the bottom of the slime bucket.

top topics

join