It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you prove that Allah, Yahweh, Jesus etc. are not merely spirits masquerading as the Creator?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Why are Yahweh and Allah just spirits, because they weren't nice all the time?

They are spirits because they are dependently originated (co-arisen).

They are merely sentient beings like you and me.
edit on 29-7-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
First someone needs to prove that they were even real people..........

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by KaelemJames
Thing is, when you meditate and receive the spiritual connection you will understand. Albeit, i have no proof of how one connects, unless you have been there. So my "argument" is moot.

To prove Yeshua, which i have had my own issues with, i can understand as i have been in doubt over the years. When one take some time out and meditate, deeply, it will hit you. No questions asked. Faith is what it comes down to, and it is not easy.

I have been doing deep meditation over the last couple of years (last few months has been my peak) and i am still a beginner. Nothing comes easy, but it becomes clearer.

I am still being laughed at, mostly from Christians themselves because of the way i pray/meditate. I can only say, yes, i pray using theta/alpha brain waves on headphones to help me go, or fall, into a deeper state. In my meditation i have always acknowledged our Father when i start meditation and protect myself from all which is not of our Creator, that which is evil or whom oppress, or would want to oppress us.

I have questioned Yeshua in meditation on various occasions, and it just became clear one day.

One should first seek, question and build your faith, and pray with all perseverance, and all will be shown. In a spiritual sense of course. If it hits you, it is awesome. It is not anything i can explain. It is just beautiful and full of love. It is our Father, our Creator, He whom gave part of Him in flesh and in that way have set us free from all, not only sin but all the weaknesses of flesh.

It is up to each to seek Him via prayer/meditation and make personal contact and not rely on others. You, yourself and The Creator. There is no middleman.

Love, blessings & respect.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar/spelling

Buddhists meditate too, and they don't come into contact with Jesus.

Sam Harris makes a point about this. People have spiritual experiences, and they automatically fabricate a leap to Jesus because of their belief system.
edit on 29-7-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

But they do sometimes reach christ conciousness/gnosis/the oneness/the connection. Same thing different names. Christ conciousness is the experiance that changes you that you can experiance while living and would exist even if Jesus had never existed. But yes the persons belief can change the perception of what you find.
edit on 29-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
But they do sometimes reach christ conciousness/gnosis/the oneness/the connection. Same thing different names. Christ conciousness is the experiance that changes you that you can experiance while living and would exist even if Jesus had never existed. But yes the persons belief can change the perception of what you find.

You are free to believe in your gnostic new age synthesis bullsheet.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why does it have to be proven? They obviously are important to those who believe in them, whatever their actual state during the time they are reported as existing.

I don't believe in a creator that is finite, personally, but it doesn't bother me that others do. I'm more of a belief that there are many more facets and levels of understanding, consciousness, and life that we just don't understand yet. Some, like myself poke around at stuff like that. So the concepts explained by others who have done the same, interest me. I could give two hoots whether they were human, alien, angel, a finite god, or even a fairy-tale figure in a story.

I am of an opinion a higher order does exist, but if any intelligence, human or non-human, pretended to be god - I would be suspect.

My own experiences have led me to this conclusion, but others are free to draw their own conclusions from their own experiences. That's the rich diversity of life. If we were all suppose to think the same, or be the same - why aren't we?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

You are free to believe in your gnostic new age synthesis bullsheet.

And you are free to keep being a Homo Sapiens if you want to but do not expect me to hold back my evolution just because you do not want to evolve.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

And you are free to keep being a Homo Sapiens if you want to but do not expect me to hold back my evolution just because you do not want to evolve.

Typical New Age statement right there.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Not sure.

Tyhink it might have something to do with faith.

I too think it has a lot to do with Faith. To me this concept is a belief in something not proven. Also known as "Blind Faith." Blind faith is faith without evidence, which would be superstition.

The book of Hebrews defines faith as the "substance of things hoped for" and the "evidence of things unseen." (Hebrews 11:1) What exactly does that mean?

Blind faith is when you have been given no rational or tangible reason to trust somebody or trust in something, and yet you do anyway. You simply decide to trust, even though you've seen no evidence to lead you to that decision.

With blind faith, there is either no hard evidence to speak of, or there is a complete refusal to look at, or consider any evidence that might be available. It is, quite simply, an irrational faith.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
bump

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Because that would imply the Spirits had a creator,

There cannot be an infinite loop of finite creators,

There must be an infinite Creator,

We know Him as the One who has always been what He will always be,

The Great I am that I am that I am that I am,

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh

new topics