It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rosicrucians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

Their headquarters are in San Diego, CA and it is built to look like an egyptian temple site...everyone wears robes for their little conclaves. I have never been to one but I used to get regular invitations and pictures of former events.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Seems the "ancient" and the modern RCs are probably two different things.

...The documented history of Rosicrucianism reaches back no further than the early 1600s, and modern Rosicrucian organizations don't date back anywhere near that far…

...The authors of the Fama and the Confessio never revealed themselves, and we have no independent evidence that a Fraternity of the Rose Cross ever existed. The simplest explanation is that the whole business was Andrade's invention. Nevertheless the notion of a secret society with occult knowledge found a receptive audience.
But that's about as far as it went. Interest in the rosy cross flared briefly and then dwindled away. There have been attempts to show that the "Invisible College" of Rosicrucianism eventually became the Royal Society of London, but the evidence is tenuous at best. Likewise, attempts to show that Rosicrucianism survived as a society past the early 1600s lack any historical basis.

That hasn't stopped some modern organizations from claiming membership in or leadership of the organization, though. Probably the best known group is the Ancient Mystical Order Rosea Crucis, otherwise known as AMORC, which operates a mail-order mystical school out of San Jose, California. It was founded by H. Spencer Lewis, an acquaintance if not an actual associate of the English occultist Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) and an ex-member of his Ordo Templi Orientalis.

The AMORC claims a history that stretches back to Pharaoh Thutmose III in 1477 BC and apparently includes anyone who used more than 3% of their brain, including Francis Bacon, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton, Pascal, Spinoza, and that great philosopher, Edith Piaf. (What, they couldn't get Zasu Pitts?)

AMORC touts its authenticity by proclaiming it's the only Rosicrucian organization that uses the word "order" in its name and claiming authorization from FUDOSI (the Fédération Universelle Des Ordres Et Sociétés Initiatiques), a sort of clearinghouse of mystical societies. To my mind that's like Clarabelle the Clown being validated by Howdy Doody, but we'll let that pass and trudge on.
The Straight Dopewww.straightdope.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Seems the "ancient" and the modern RCs are probably two different things.

That and the fact that there are many different types:

This provisional list of modern Rosicrucian groups has been drawn up by Frater Melchior, and reflects the judgements and views of his personal research

www.levity.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Anyone else wonder about a connection between Thutmose III and Thoth/Hermes Trismegistus.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here is a link to the Fama Fraternitatis and Confessio Fraternitatis.
edit on 29-7-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Thanks I saved It under my iBooks for right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

I have a finger in every pie, didn't you know?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

It sounds like you are at the beginning of the path but are unsure where to start.

The knowledge you are seeking can be found in any number of ways. The destination is the same, but the journey is dependent upon your opinions and aspirations.

The first step in seeking this 'enlightenment', if it can be called such, is to ask. It seems that you are already doing that.

The second step (IMHO) is open your mind and, for a time, forego judgment and condemnation of one path over another.

For the seeker this path is infinitely interesting and the more you look the more you find. The problem is that at some point on every journey the seeker receives 'partial' light and suddenly the world is turned upside down. A deep depression sets in because you are facing a new, daunting, realization about the true nature of life.

This is where those who turn cynical and critical get off the train. The path becomes narrow and difficult for a while and there is the danger of "being dashed against the rocks of atheism" as one author puts it.

This is the long dark night of the soul. It's depressing, but you have to remember there is a greater Truth on the other side.

Above all the nature of this knowledge you seek can be summed up in two words: Know Yourself

When you finally understand this message all the knowledge/truth/secrets/wisdom will make sense and you will understand the answer to the question, "Why?"

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
one important thing, that definitely makes them "in the knowing" is that "they" (or someone affiliated with the rcc's) built the georgia guidestones. Very interesting read if you havent already.

The stones are signed RCC, which is short for The Rosecrucians (might be spellin that bad)

My best advise is to stay away.
Once you have sold the little thing inside some people call "soul", there is no turning back.
Once you have entered the realm of "hidden societies" etc, you might find yourself in a no-way-back position.

A friend of mine (cannot disclose any name) joined the masons... once reaching a unnamed level there was no way back. He is now in a mental institution.
Just givin a warning finger here.....

For a better understanding, please watch the matrix.
edit on 30-7-2012 by reef75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Wow... can't disclose the name.

That's great evidence.

Are you suggesting he was mentally unstable and joined the masons, or that reaching some unnamed 'level' in the masons caused him to go insane?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by reef75

RCC could stand for "Roman Catholic Church", or in Masonry RCC can stand for Red Cross of Constantine.

Don't worry, my soul has not been sold and is very well intact.

Everyone always seems to have an "unnamed friend" who made it to some "high level". Some credible evidence would be nice.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was a member of A.M.O.R.C, many years ago when I was a bit green but it did not take me long to realise that they were not the real brothers of the rosy cross. You can often buy their monographs on ebay so no real need to join. I can tell you they have no secret knowledge and don't know anything that you couldn't access at a book store or online.

None of these large fraternal orders posses secrets, it was different when the orders were smaller but as the number of members grew knowledge had to be withdrawn from such orders and obviously some never had it in the first place. Operative Freemasonry had some of these secrets, modern speculative freemasonry is much like A.M.O.R.C actually there are many members of A.M.O.R.C that are also masons.

If you are interested to read about who the real brothers of the rosy cross are I would recommend you read the work of Dr. Sigismund Bacstrom as he was one!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I have heard many things, good and bad, about AMORC. The bad things were basically they were more about marketing (the almighty $) and less about enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

That is the problem though. How can I know thyself, if I don't even know who I am?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Pinocchio

I was considering joining the Order of the Rose-Croix, and was wondering what kind of knowledge that they taught compared to Freemasonry.
edit on 29-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Their Teachings are probably similar to those of The Golden Dawn but I cannot confirm this.

The Golden Dawn is a Rosicrucian group as well and is the outer order where one learns and lives the knowledge neccessary to become a Magician. It's very spiritual but not religious.

many different groups will use the term Rose-Croix so I do not know about what particular group you are interested in.

I would suggest you just meet some of them, do you like them and get along is a good start. When you joinn a body like that it really becomes a part of you, be sure you want it.

I can tell you that the Golden Dawn is one of the best things to ever happen to me.

Best Wishes,

Frater

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Currently not a known member of any group OP but I think I read they may be related to the Georgia Guidstones. A RC Christians individual was the builder or investor so I think thats where the link was made possibly.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey OP....I have been seeking just like you and wondered about the Rose Cross, as well as many other "secret" societies. I looked into Golden Dawn, OTO, Masons, etc but realized that this seeking is one of personal development and just decided to keep going on my own path.

The best part is that there is so much information out there, in particular, PDF versions of sacred texts and books, that I have been able to to some self directed study. I suggest checking out this site if you havent already -

www.hermetics.org...

(I am not affiliated with this site btw). It might help to narrow down your choice of group if do choose to join one, at the very least, there should be some good knowledge to help you gather more information along your journey.

Much Peace and Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am riding my bike to the temple of the Rose Cross in Oceanside.... I had no clue it was in my hometown, literally around the corner.

I'll let you guys know what I learn.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Much thanks. I will definitely save it along with my many other bookmarks for later perusal.

W3R: Let me know what you find out please (:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You are thinking, therefore you are....apologies to Rene Descartes.

<< 1    3 >>

join