It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Chick FIL A

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Gov. Mike Huckabee is leading a Support Chick-Fil-A day, on August 1, 2012 where those who believe in the company's right to FREE SPEECH AND TRADITIONAL VALUES will show their support by eating at Chick-Fil-A that day. No signs are needed, no protests or funny chants, just frequent that great family business to show you stand with them. Well it seems that facebook didn't like that, so it took down the entire page and posts about it. Fortunately Gov. Huckabee and his team have them back up. Guess Facebook doesn't like it when a lot of people who support Traditional values click like on a page!! Regardless, we ask that EVERYONE please show that we won't let the TYRANNY OF THE FAR LEFT DESTROY AMERICA and that there is a place for traditional values here by supporting Chick-Fil-A on August 1, 2012. We will!! Click like if you think its DEPLORABLE that Facebook will delete pages that don't have the political "leanings" that they want, and that Liberals are willing to destroy a business just because it won't support their far left agenda. SUPPORT CHICK-FIL-A ON AUGUST 1 and stand up for Family values.

I could careless about what your values or what your support is, but it is wrong for someone to PROTEST a company for exercising the FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

IRONICALLY, it is completely okay for the supporters of gay marriage to say they can't do it. Pretty much trying take away the FREE SPEECH they are also given the right too.

While it is not a smart business move but I admire a company that tells the truth and sticks by what they believe in. Isn't that what all of you complain about? "The bankers do nothing but lie and stand by no promises they make." Well, at least there is one company still willing to do that.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Corporations should not have free speech
They are not living, breathing entities. They are not people. As much as the 'law' says they are. They are not. Therefore should not have the rights of people.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
They are not living, breathing entities. They are not people. As much as the 'law' says they are. They are not. Therefore should not have the rights of people.

Obviously, YOU didn't read the post or look at the links. The PRESIDENT was the one who made those COMMENTS. That is ONE person. Is this clear enough for you? Kind of pathetic that you assume and didn't read.

I have to wonder if the same people who boycott Chick Fil A b/c its president doesn't support gay marriage will boycott foreign oil companies whose Saudi CEO's punish homosexuality with imprisonment, corporal punishment, and the death penalty.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Obviously, YOU didn't read the post or look at the links. The PRESIDENT was the one who made those COMMENTS. That is ONE person. Is this clear enough for you? Kind of pathetic that you assume and didn't read.

I have to wonder if the same people who boycott Chick Fil A b/c its president doesn't support gay marriage will boycott foreign oil companies whose Saudi CEO's punish homosexuality with imprisonment, corporal punishment, and the death penalty.

Still applies. The president shouldn't have made his beliefs the beliefs of his corporation then. He can hate gays all he wants, i really don't care. Everyone has their free speech of course. If he wants to walk around the street chanting "i hate gays" all the power to him.

When acting on behalf of a corporation, there should be no intolerance. If a president of a company came out and said "i hate black people" or "I hate chinese people", he would have been fired. It was not necessary to put his personal beliefs out there, no one cares what he thinks and believes.

And yes. I did read your post.
edit on 29/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Isn't it a bit ironic that you are so outraged? Chick-Fil-A actively attempts to prevent homosexuals from expressing themselves, which is perfectly fine in your opinion, but you get omgwtfpissed if Facebook attempts to prevent Chick-Fil-A advocates from expressing themselves.

So let me get this clear: denying people political freedoms based on religious beliefs is totally fine, but deleting content from a private website is outrageous? lol...

Have you ever heard the old phrase "you reap what you sow"? It's in the Bible...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

It does always seem ironic to me that people from the left want freedom of speech and marriage blah blah blah, unless you disagree and all of a sudden they don't think you have a right to say anything at all, and if you do they will try to punish for believing like they do.

Is it my imagination or do the lefty/liberal aethiests , seem to have a lot in common with religious zealots from all throught history? I mean they literally act the same if you disagree with their talking points, as a religikous leader during the salem witch trials. Herassy burn them all at the stake for not sharing our narrow minded world views!

S nF op

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

Lol, S for you, since you have enough brains to see past everyones BS 9n this issue!

Second line.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Actually, our wonderful government has declared that a corporation is a person with rights....remember? But I fully agree with the OP.....The president made the comment in an interview, it is his right to have an opinion.....The company does not to my knowledge exercise discrimination, so has done nothing worthy of the protest. This whole thing has gone way over the deep end and shown that our society is truly superficial.......We jump to arms because one man expresses his views about a topic which is consistent with his religious views, which happens to be very insignificant in the grand scheme of things......Yet our society ignores all the truly wrong things that go on that are not only against the law but down right evil. I don't see our country jumping up and calling for mass actions against bank of america. Yes there have been a few minor voices of outrage, but nothing on the level when a city mayor wants to kick all bank of america branches out of the city, yet they have done far more damage than Chick fil a.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh my. OP added me as a Foe.
Guess he doesn't like my opinion then

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

His mistake was saying that his company supports "the biblical definition of the family unit" and that he prays "God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about." When he said it like this it wasn't his own opinion but his companies. He has the right to freedom of speech his company doesn't.

I would support his right to freedom of speech but not when he is talking for his company.
edit on 29-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I support the companies right to express views I do not support discrimination so as far as I am concerned they can do, say and set up business where ever they like but I still wouldn't buy from them.
I don't live near a Chick-fil-A but if I did I surely would boycott them.

Also on a side note, although I agree to a certain extent with your side stab insinuating that many of the boycotter's may be hypocrites for not boycotting oil companies with Saudi interest I think perhaps you need to keep in mind that many people boycotting may be ignorant to what goes on in Saudi and Saudi backed countries and/or may be ignorant to which companies have a Saudi connection.
They may also feel that other oil companies have worse connections or all oil companies are immoral whether it's the ones that have a connection to Saudi Arabia where homosexuals are persecuted and the human rights record is poor to say the very least or ones that have a connection to countries in Africa where death squads and militia protect the oil companies interests right down to killing many and destroying villages that complain about dirty water, pollution or ruined farm land.
In short it is easy to see something in the mainstream media that you disagree with and then boycott it. How hard is it to resist going into a fast food restaurant? How hard is it to resist buying petrol when you need to get around?
I'm sure many of the fundamentalist Christians that boycotted Oreo also bought many products that were less openly and less publicly support things they were against.

On another side note though, maybe its best you Americans boycott all fast/fatty/processed food restaurants?

edit on 29-7-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

I could careless about what your values or what your support is, but it is wrong for someone to PROTEST a company for exercising the FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Why is it wrong for one person to exercise their first amendment right (by protesting), yet it's fine for another person to exercise their first amendment right (by speaking)?

I support the rights of BOTH parties to exercise their first amendment rights... protesting AND speaking their minds... There is a question here?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I also found your tirade to be small minded short sided and more than a bit hypocrtical good for you for having so many human qualities.

No sarcasm intended I meant what I said good for you! Now if the rest of us would stop being so shut in with our arogance and self centered view points we might actually address some realissues at some point.

Or am I the only person left that thinks evveryone acting like a mindless pr robot is boring and one of the biggest problems we face?
edit on 29-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I also found your tirade to be small minded short sided and more than a bit hypocrtical good for you for having so many human qualities.

How so? Its the truth. Sorry it hurts. Corporations being a legal person is a scam and it always has been. How is that being small minded? Corporations don't have a soul, therefore no religious beliefs (as its own seperate entity)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No, it's not because protesting a company or anything is ALSO a form of freedom of speech. And how is it wrong to protest when the First Amendment ALSO is one's right to freely assemble (which includes protesting)?
edit on 29-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent
Isn't it a bit ironic that you are so outraged? Chick-Fil-A actively attempts to prevent homosexuals from expressing themselves, which is perfectly fine in your opinion, but you get omgwtfpissed if Facebook attempts to prevent Chick-Fil-A advocates from expressing themselves.

So let me get this clear: denying people political freedoms based on religious beliefs is totally fine, but deleting content from a private website is outrageous? lol...

I have to fully agree with this!
If you believe that Chick-fil-A has ever right as a company then Facebook too has the right to do the same.
Freedom of speech for some, but not for others?

And saying it's wrong to protest a company for expressing their freedom of speech is an OXYMORON.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Smal minded as in you think your POV is the correct one making any decenting view point irrelevant and or wrong. Nothing wrong with being human guy, I was actually being serious. If you are gonna be small minded at least own it man. I do all the time, it also usually ends all further attacks on your small mindedness as they now understand you can't care less about their opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We're all human i guess. I don't hate his opinion at all. Everyone is entitled to one of course.
I just dont believe in corporate personhood. Its a scam to move 'blame' to a non-human entity rather than a human one. That is fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is all I got on this subject.

I live in Boston and our wise leader dah Mayah Manino dah said no to Chic Fil A. I have had the pleasure of Chick Fil A and lemme tell ya somethin... I am PIST!!!!! I do not give 2 poops about what they believe. Clearly Tom has never had a spicey chicken deluxe. Cuz if he did he'd be singing a different tune. The waffle fries and the milk shakes... ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Question....When they interview a new potential employee, do they ask them what their views on this subject is? Is that legal?

How many in the closet homosexuals work at chic fil a? How many employees have a family member who is LBGT but need their job so badly to pay their bills they fear even making a comment?

I just think its sad and wrong all around. People need work and people need money....People often endure horrible conditions to survive even if it goes against their beliefs....

Just my 2 cents at trying to see it at a different angle.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join