Support Chick FIL A

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

This is a 2007 article on the Cult of Chick-Fil-A

They do extensive "screening" to insure that their employees "fit in" with the company's idea that "serving chicken is God's work"...

They screen prospective operators for their loyalty, wholesome values and willingness to buy into Chick-fil-A's in-your-face Christian credo, espoused often by Cathy, an evangelical Southern Baptist...

I SERIOUSLY doubt that any gay people are working there... or perhaps there are some, but I'd be willing to bet they're still closeted, at work, anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
WHO CARES WHAT THE CEO SAID!

I hope they open 15 new stores in San Francisco!

ChikFilA is awesome!
Best chicken sandwich hands down!

As long as the chickens aren't homosexuals I don't see the problem and I will continue to eat there.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I've never seen a Chick-Fil-A, much less eaten one... And now that I look at the ingredients, I'm glad I haven't! It's a meal of chemical heaven! I don't care WHAT the CEO said, you couldn't pay me to eat one of these things! I prefer food, thanks.

There are over a 100 ingredients in a typical Chick-Fil-A sandwhich, majority of them with serious health consequences
For example, let’s take TBHQ which stands for “Tertiary Butylhydroquinone” – an ingredient that is listed twice, once in the chicken and once in the bun. TBHQ is a chemical made from butane (a very toxic gas) and can only be used at a rate of 0.02 percent of the total oil in a product. Why is there a limit to this? Maybe because eating only 1 gram of this toxic preservative has been shown to cause all sorts of issues, from ADHD in children, to asthma, allergies and dermatitis to dizziness and even has caused stomach cancer in laboratory animals. Limiting TBHQ to a certain percentage, is the same logic the FDA made when allowing a product to still contain 0.5 grams of transfat and be labeled “transfat free.”

Source It's a blog, but the ingredients check out.

What is TBHQ?

But you enjoy, now!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So what you're saying is that Homosexual agenda has now found a way to infiltrate Chik-Fil-A in order to wipe out all the God fearin chicken eaters out there?

Next thing you're gonna tell me there's some big company that genetically modifies food and is trying to kill everyone!
Ha-Ha, nice try!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
So what you're saying is that Homosexual agenda has now found a way to infiltrate Chik-Fil-A in order to wipe out all the God fearin chicken eaters out there?

Who's god? "God fearin chicken eaters..." I'm sorry but....
I WISH I had a Chick Fil A in the area so that I could protest it. Boycott it. I do not support bigotry and intolerance. Christ would do the same imo.

More faith. Less religion.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Truth is. I love chicken. I love this place.

but I really can't support it. ill go get taco bell. or something else. I mean come on, why the turducken do they go and do this?? they had decent yummy food. Who gays could enjoy also? I mean I like it. My gay brother loves it. So he just isn't a costumer anymore, because he is gay? I am not a costumer because I love gays? I consider myself a floppy sexual. But not really gay. At all really. I just kinda say that.

Still. It just upsets me... I am 100% positive gays work their.. probably. I mean... It just isn't right. It simply isn't fair. This is a good example of where government should step in and say... "You cannot fire or discriminate against gay employees or customers, even though your religious beliefs may "support it"." everyone deserves the right to buy what ever they want in America. and that is the ducking line. Seriously though.

my rant on homophobes on ATS in the rants section.
edit on 7/29/2012 by truthinfact because: my rants!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well now I'm gonna gather up a bunch of straight, God fearin chickens and come protest in front of your house!
I don't know how much poop comes outta 300 chickens, but I'll bet it's alot.
Since you are so good at shoveling that stuff it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm also still protesting the Dodge "Intrepid" What a terrible car!

I am also intolerant of people that are intolerant of other intolerant people!

PS- I'm just kidding around. (about the Dodge Intrepid)
edit on 29-7-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Its not about his freedom,,its about what he is saying,,and yes he can say that,,but dont expect to sell more crappy chicken sandwiches that used to be good but arent any more..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Spare me the sanctimonious crap. It doesn't impress me. I'd rather lead my own life, including Christs words even though I'm agnostic, than be ruled by religious dogma.

BTW, you're right. The Intrepid was a good car. I've had 3.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I am also intolerant of people that are intolerant of other intolerant people!

So intolerance is OK then? Alright. I live my life differently. I'm not bucking Karma. That can be a bi....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Whoaa there my NAFTA brother!
Did a moose pee in your Cheerios this morning?

Chill dude.

Have you ever heard of God-fearin chickens?
Does that even sound right?
Is it plausable that satire may be in play?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

My bad.

There's just so much intolerance in the world today and it reaches us here as well. I apologize.

edit on 29-7-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I cannot tolerate intolerance. But I am forced to tolerate my intolerance toward intolerant people. However I will not tolerate the intolerance of my intolerance by others, as I believe my intolerance is somewhat justified by the intolerance shown towards me.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
So...it is okay for the religious right to boycott Oreos...but not okay for the liberal left to boycott Chick-Fil-A?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
I cannot tolerate intolerance. But I am forced to tolerate my intolerance toward intolerant people. However I will not tolerate the intolerance of my intolerance by others, as I believe my intolerance is somewhat justified by the intolerance shown towards me.

I tried to follow this and got a nose bleed.

I like hamburgers (on topic)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saya13
So...it is okay for the religious right to boycott Oreos...but not okay for the liberal left to boycott Chick-Fil-A?

I like oreos also. With milk, of course,
(I can still drink milk, can't I?)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Saya13

I like oreos also. With milk, of course,
(I can still drink milk, can't I?)

I like homo bunny rabits!
Wanna go out big boy?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Gov. Mike Huckabee is leading a Support Chick-Fil-A day, on August 1, 2012 where those who believe in the company's right to FREE SPEECH AND TRADITIONAL VALUES will show their support by eating at Chick-Fil-A that day.

Eeeks! I should read more of ATS more of the time. I had no idea this was happening, and I had promised to take the children to Chick-fil-A to lunch after their morning camps. The lines were 1 hour or plus waits at my location (even through the drive-thru) and they even had Chick-Fil-A parking people directing the flow of traffic because it was such a nightmare. So, of course, I said, "We'll come some other time" to the children and took them elsewhere. I couldn't see being part of the fiasco unless they had some REALLY awesome special going on. I asked the attendant what was going on, and he said it was "Customer Appreciation Day" to which I replied, and what does that mean? And he replied simply that "it's a chance for people to thank us for what we do?"

While it is not a smart business move but I admire a company that tells the truth and sticks by what they believe in.

Based on what I saw, it was a huge business move if these fools are going to wait an hour for FAST food? Profits have to be soaring if this was happening only in my little corner of the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why don;t they just put the truth out there? "we don;t serve you unless you fear the god and is not a homo" , oh right that would kill their company? well this protest is pretty much doing that.

They can't be pick and choosy if they want to sell it to the people as a company. Once you are out there you can't discriminate, if you do, then you will fail.

I think we are about to see a establishment going broke, all thanks to religious mentality.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I think we are about to see a establishment going broke, all thanks to religious mentality.

I say, just the opposite, right or wrong, the American population, as a whole came out in full force to support them!

And I'm only 1/2 hour outside of liberal Chicago.

Let me also remind you that liberal California voted down gay marriages through popular vote.

This is working out well for Chick-fila, right or wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join