It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new movie, out in November 2012, Life of Pi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

The upcoming film adaptation is directed by Ang Lee based on an adapted screenplay by David Magee. Suraj Sharma, who has no previous acting experience, will play Pi. Life of Pi is scheduled to be released on 21 November 2012.
wikipedia

I'm looking forward to this movie

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Looks awesome.

I'm glad I read the wiki page before seeing the 'short'. I probably would have just glossed over it otherwise.

Thanks

Definitely, looking forward to it.

On another waiting process....Doctor Who S7 starts in a month.

Does anyone have a time machine that I may borrow?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Beautiful looking movie! thanks for the heads up , looking forward to watching it
Tiger in a boat middle of no where epic lol. I dunno if i can be friends with it though , animal instincts and all , eat me since he can't catch fish

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Anyone watch it yet? i think i'm gonna watch it this weekend, these "Fantasy" type movies interests me....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of the book. It is one of my all-time favorites.
And as often happens, the movie fails to be it's equal.

I will probably go to see it, but I almost know already that I am going to be disappointed.
That is because I keep seeing it referred to as a fantasy film.
It is shot in 3D which is unnecessarily adding to that genre feel and look.

The book is not a fantasy. You won't find it in that isle. The book is not a treatise on spirituality.
The whole point of the book is that he wants people in the story to know and believe his story is true.
That is sort of a lost point if the director portrays it as mere fantasy and doesn't take it seriously.

The story is the beauty, not the glorious cinematic wonders of CGI and non-natural world colors and
gilding the lily.
edit on 22-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I have not read the book, so clearly my definition is based on others/critics comment and Trailer.

I'm not sure if there is any book that had a better movie.

But, what i find it interesting is that... this movie gives me the "independent movie" genre, you know, no big corporation's productions.

Its seems out of the ordinary.. naturalist...for some reason it attracts me... maybe im bored of this common generic movies thats been coming out lately? i don't know.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I didn't mean you in particular, I have talked to people I know and they would say it's a fantasy film like Avatar and even the trailer invokes Avatar.

I've recommended the book so many times to people. When I did, I would invariably say, don't read the back, don't read the blurbs, just start the book with no preconceived notions.

You are right to be attracted to it because it is different. I just don't want people to have the impression it's like Sinbad or some epic fantasy tale, though.

I wish back before it became a movie that the book jacket didn't even feature a boy in a boat with a tiger!
I saw a scene in the trailer of what appeared to be a whale jumping but it's made of plankton or some phosphorescent stuff, nothing like that happened in the book that made it have some fantasy allusions.

We'll talk more, I hope, in this thread after people have seen the movie.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Memenquay

Still not exactly sure whats the movie is about. It looks like an epic movie though. I can't wait to see it also

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm hoping to see this film over the Christmas period... (got free cinema tickets that expire in the new year, so this one seems like a good choice)

It looks like a visual master piece, and although I haven't read the book, I read a very nice article about it, an am really looking forward to it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Memenquay

My daughter, my son in law and me went to see this movie on Christmas night. I can't think of a better movie to have seen for the holiday.

It was beautifully written and the cinema photography and special effect were magnificent! I can't imagine how they made that tiger so real!

In case you don't know, the movie is about a young man, Pi, who becomes shipwrecked and stranded on a life boat with a tiger. Fighting, feeding and taming the tiger becomes the only thing that keeps his will to live.

His father, who owned a small zoo in India, has to sell his animals and move the family to Canada. In route, the ship that houses Pi's family and the animals is overwhelmed in a storm and sinks. The underwater scene was breathtakingly beautiful. There are some things that I found unbelievable about the movie, but in the end, it all makes sense.

This movie is moving, spiritual and profoundly personal to anyone who watches it. I gotta say that the 2 plus hours whipped by, as I was on the edge of my seat most of the movie.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I saw this today and absolutely LOVED it.
Just magical.... beautiful to look at and beautiful in its message and meaning.

I saw the Hobit last week and liked it, but Life of Pi was much better.... just a stunning film.

Obviously I'm not saying the films are comparable, but if you're thinking of just seeing one of these two films over the holidays, then I'd say see Life of Pi for sure.... and in 3D too.

Stunning.

new topics

top topics

join