It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes Claims 13th Victim: Pregnant Survivor Suffers Miscarriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
GUILTY! HANG HIM NOW!

ill wait for more information before i jump into the koolaid head-first

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
May you rest in peace little angel.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by riddle6
reply to post by adjensen

I think it depends on how long along she was. I think up until 5 months its a miscarriage, but after that its usually a stillbirth, as there is some possibility of the fetus surviving outside the womb. From what I remember, she wasn't more than 3 months along, but regardless RIP.

Thank you for your definition of "what a human being is" -- I'm sure it will be of great solace to the mother involved to know that you think her child wasn't a person.

His comment had to do only with technicalities, nothing else. He's speaking about how the medical field sees it.

A loss prior to 20 weeks of gestation is considered a miscarriage; after 20 weeks it is a stillborn. At 24 weeks, the fetus reaches what is called V-day. This is the point where a born baby is more likely to survive than not, and also the point where doctors can provide more potential life-saving care to a pre-term baby. If the OB is considering inducing or c-section, they want to try and keep the baby inside until at least 39 weeks - this is the point where it is unlikely the baby would have to spend any time at all in the NICU.

I am very, very familiar with the above; definitely not pulling it out of my arse. Almost exactly 7 years ago, my wife and I had a stillborn boy at 27 weeks. My wife is currently 38w5d pregnant, and we have been doing daily NSTs at the hospital for the last 10 days due to risk factors. Our best friends are L&D nurses at the hospital she will be giving birth at.

edit on 29-7-2012 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Originally posted by ColeCash

Matthew 19:14 14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

R.I.P. Little one's the kingdom of heaven belongs to you.
Unless of course they are homo, gypsies, a follower of another religions, a bastard, someone who worked on the sabbath etc....

The message of Jesus is love.Its up to you to figure out.

Hey I think they have that same message in Forrest Gump somewhere.
All Hail Forrest Gump.

The Forrest Gump character was a humble man.Romans 12:1616 Live together in peace with each other. Don’t be proud, but be willing to be friends with people who are not important to others. Don’t think of yourself as smarter than everyone else.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My prayers to all who have been made to suffer through such a tragedy.

--

Not to detract from the grievous nature of the situation, but, as this IS ATS, does the number 13 stand out to anyone? There are a lot of numerological coincidences... conspiracy or not.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Matthew 19:14 14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

R.I.P. Little one's the kingdom of heaven belongs to you.
Unless of course they are homo, gypsies, a follower of another religions, a bastard, someone who worked on the sabbath etc....

The message of Jesus is love.Its up to you to figure out.

Hey I think they have that same message in Forrest Gump somewhere.
All Hail Forrest Gump.

The Forrest Gump character was a humble man.Romans 12:1616 Live together in peace with each other. Don’t be proud, but be willing to be friends with people who are not important to others. Don’t think of yourself as smarter than everyone else.
He was an ignorant man.
Just don't claim stuff unless you can back it up with fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

I think it depends on how long along she was. I think up until 5 months its a miscarriage, but after that its usually a stillbirth, as there is some possibility of the fetus surviving outside the womb. From what I remember, she wasn't more than 3 months along, but regardless RIP.

Thank you for your definition of "what a human being is" -- I'm sure it will be of great solace to the mother involved to know that you think her child wasn't a person.

His comment had to do only with technicalities, nothing else. He's speaking about how the medical field sees it.

A loss prior to 20 weeks of gestation is considered a miscarriage; after 20 weeks it is a stillborn. At 24 weeks, the fetus reaches what is called V-day. This is the point where a born baby is more likely to survive than not, and also the point where doctors can provide more potential life-saving care to a pre-term baby. If the OB is considering inducing or c-section, they want to try and keep the baby inside until at least 39 weeks - this is the point where it is unlikely the baby would have to spend any time at all in the NICU.

I am very, very familiar with the above; definitely not pulling it out of my arse. Almost exactly 7 years ago, my wife and I had a stillborn boy at 27 weeks. My wife is currently 38w5d pregnant, and we have been doing daily NSTs at the hospital for the last 10 days due to risk factors. Our best friends are L&D nurses at the hospital she will be giving birth at.

edit on 29-7-2012 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your response. I was originally speaking from a technicality standpoint. My point was that the final total could still stand at 12 killed because of how far along the mother was prior to miscarriage. I'm sorry about your loss, I hope this pregnancy has a happy ending for both you and your wife.
edit on 29-7-2012 by riddle6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I remember visiting the site of the Oklahoma bombing back in '96. They didn't count the unborn children then.

There was a separate shrine on the fence surrounding the site back then.

An unborn soul, back to heaven.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
They won't count this child in the murder total. The article says the baby was 8 weeks old. She might not have even known she was pregnant depending on various things.

Still, very sad...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I was under the impression that, in the United States, unborn children aren't human beings. www.prochoice.org... :-(

Prayers and sympathies to the mother who lost her child, regardless.
edit on 29-7-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

Scott Peterson in California was charged for the death of his unborn son when he killed his wife, who was 7 1/2 months pregnant. Look up Connor's law for California.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Starchildren because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
it says directly in the article that the woman was 8 weeks pregnant. To put this in perspective they estimate that 1/2 of all pregnancies end spontaneously in the first 12 weeks. This unfortunate event could be completely unrelated.

Stupid article reaching for straws now. Stress could definitely contribute to a miscarriage, but to blame it on the guy is ridiculous. Maybe if he shot her in the womb.....or *knew* she was pregnant and aimed at her, but at 8 weeks you aren't even showing.

There is no reason to judge him any more guilty based on this "new information". It can NEVER be proven he was the reason for this untimely death.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Thank you for saying this. I lost my baby last fall 12 weeks. Although we lost him/her early on, we still had hopes, dreams, and plans for the baby. We were so excited and happy, thinking about names, baby clothes, toys, and how much our lives were about to change. For weeks, I ate good, took care of myself, and reveled in the idea of life growing inside of me.

I'm going to guess that the momma who lost her baby felt much the same way too. And the fact that she lost another child, made it even far more painful.

The issue has nothing to do with being pro life or pro choice. It is what it is, you know?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by natters
it says directly in the article that the woman was 8 weeks pregnant. To put this in perspective they estimate that 1/2 of all pregnancies end spontaneously in the first 12 weeks. This unfortunate event could be completely unrelated.

Stupid article reaching for straws now. Stress could definitely contribute to a miscarriage, but to blame it on the guy is ridiculous. Maybe if he shot her in the womb.....or *knew* she was pregnant and aimed at her, but at 8 weeks you aren't even showing.

There is no reason to judge him any more guilty based on this "new information". It can NEVER be proven he was the reason for this untimely death.

If she didn't have to have surgery for her gun shot wounds, the chances of her carrying her baby to term would have been better. Oh, and she wouldn't have lost her other child too. This is a ridiculous argument. If he is the shooter, then YES he is responsible.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I had surgery to remove my ovaries at 7 weeks and was still able to carry the baby i was pregnant with. Surgery doesn't mean you are going to lose the baby. There is no way in a court of law that there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he killed that baby. Any lawyer that can't win that argument is a retard.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Obviously he is responsible for teh death of her other child as well as her injuries. It's a sad story, but doesn't produce a 13th victim, sorry.

Just wanted to add that I am 100% against abortion, it's not like I don't think this baby was truly a baby. The sad fact is that legally it can't be proven.

I have a GREAT idea, though. Try leaving emotion out of our judgements. See what we're all left with then
edit on 29-7-2012 by natters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Do you think Holmes will be informed of this? (Just curious as to how that works)

That aside, feel so sorry for this woman who has lost both her children now and may also be paralyzed for life. I hope she has a good support system that can help her if possible to go on with her life.

Please don't make this into a abortion debate thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren

Originally posted by natters

If she didn't have to have surgery for her gun shot wounds, the chances of her carrying her baby to term would have been better. Oh, and she wouldn't have lost her other child too. This is a ridiculous argument. If he is the shooter, then YES he is responsible.

What was a 6 yr old doing there in the first place?

and no people, im not a cold SOB. Im a father, and my sympathies are with the lady and the other grieving families but the fact remains. The child shouldn`t have been there in the first place.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

this just clearly out of his mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join