It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism Today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Dear ATSers,

I am seeing more and more division every minute of everyday on this site to the point where I can't read most threads because of the sheer stupidity of so many. You are responsible for your own actions no matter what color, nationality, sexual preference, religion, political stance, etc. you are. There is absolutely no one person on this planet who can pass judgement without being equally if not more so to blame than the judged.

There is a fine line between what has happened in the past and what is happening in the present. The only way to obtain true change is to recognize that the choices we make today are what creates the future we will live in. It starts by thinking a few seconds longer before taking an action: whether the action be physical or verbal, it has an impact in what we call reality (how ever small or big).

We have a common ground that goes unnoticed by many every single day. Once more and more people realize this common ground and act upon it, you will notice many changes for the better on this planet.

There are few who wish to divide us amongst ourselves so that they may profit and thrive. For anything to happen for the better we must stop the few from controlling us. It is not impossible when you just take the time to ask why or how things are the way they are. Take a moment for yourself and consider the options you have, because not everything is set in stone. No matter how trapped you feel you still have a choice.

Thank you,

N/A

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As long as we are fighting each other we wont be fighting them...

How quick is everyone to get stirred up over perceived in-equality when its aimed at their own racial group? Instead we should all be upset, as we are all Humans first.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

It's bad yes. But I will keep giving this example because it fits.

Racism is dying. It is a roach squirming and kicking after the RAID got to it. You know it's over, but it's never kicked and squirmed so hard in it's entire life. Soon, the movement will stop and you can flush it down the toilet.

That's Racism today.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

What about people that have a mental illness; and they have psychotic breaks; and hear voices and have visual hallucinations; and at the time they are having them; they think they are real..are these people responsible for their actions?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more, OP. I've found that, left to their own devices, groups of people generally find ways to work together without those divisions meaning much of anything.

Perhaps if every level and aspect of formal society stopped dividing us by all the categories your OP touches on in addition to Race itself, we'd all stop feeling like we're supposed to think in those terms.

I don't know about the Racism of the 60's and 70's...that real hard core ugly crap at the end....still existing outside individuals, but that dividing along almost every line is becoming part of the system itself.
S/F

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

S&F. For having the balls to say what I don't have tbe words to communicate.

Second line

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I live in the south as an old white greybeard, people think I am part of the tribe of entitled white guys. It is amazing the things you hear when people assume you believe the same as they do.

Racism is alive and growing as a matter of fact the prejudice against Latinos is becoming pretty accepted.

new topics

top topics

join