It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran stockpiling food? Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its on FoxNews, also in a few others MSM news sites. The question is: Why? 3 months food stock for a whole country is not an easy to acomplish, I mean, its a LOT a food. Even so, this gives us something to think about. Anyone(including a country) stockpiling food, is preparing for something. The bigger the stock, the bigger the event one is preparing to. And three months of food for a whole country, which is suspected to be using nuclear technology to build WMD's, that is clearly just trying to get time(by starting tons of "conversations" about it, and just not getting anywhere with it), its a sign(IMHO), that they are planning something huge for the times ahead. Maybe they think they're Mahdi will emerge and a war will start...

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sure. Or maybe they think that they are about to be attacked by a foreign power which has them completely surrounded by a ring of military bases, and who won't stop making threatening gestures?

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

You live in fantasy land, where you think a country surrounded and being threatened by war is the aggressor.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I agree. I think they're being prudent.

Really, we should pray for that situation. Nobody needs to die!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think it's a no-brainer why anyone, or any nation for that matter that's under threat of attack, essentially under political siege with the impending doom of a shooting war on the way hanging over their head, would stockpile food, water, medical supplies, everything.

Everyone saw how crazy it got in Iraq and Afghanistan when soldiers rolled in disrupting utility services, and fresh water, plus food supply deliveries with destruction, blockades, and all the other trimmings of military assault to go with.

The Americans are coming? Oh, snap! Better hide and stock up on the womens, foods, waters, and everything else now while the getting is to get got.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

You think they're stocking up to start a war?

That or they're getting ready for USA and Israel to unleash war on them. You know, since that's what they're hankering to do for past oodles of years, and won't be happy til they've wiped them all out.

I try to have at least 3 months of food in my house. This does not mean I'm going to start a fight with my neighbours.
edit on 28-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Iranian regime believes it is their job to hasten the return of the 12th Imam. They feel he will not return until the caliphate is established and all infidels are converted through the word or by the sword. On an almost daily basis they express their desire to commit genocide and see a nuclear weapon as a means to achieve this. Do we have them surrounded? You're damn right we do. It's an attempt at containment. I think it's infinitely naive to suggest that if we just retreated from their neighborhood they would in turn reject hundreds of years of religious doctrine. They personally feel it is their job to usher in the end times.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Messageforhumanity

be quet....

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse
The Iranian regime believes it is their job to hasten the return of the 12th Imam. They feel he will not return until the caliphate is established and all infidels are converted through the word or by the sword. On an almost daily basis they express their desire to commit genocide and see a nuclear weapon as a means to achieve this. Do we have them surrounded? You're damn right we do. It's an attempt at containment. I think it's infinitely naive to suggest that if we just retreated from their neighborhood they would in turn reject hundreds of years of religious doctrine. They personally feel it is their job to usher in the end times.

I call silliness on this post. Dangerous, childlike silliness. You need to grow up.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I don't see the humor in it. What part do you find silly?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
considering amerika and israel are running around with hard-ons drooling planning to invade iran and commit more mass murder for profit ... would say the iranian people are being smart and doing what they can to try and survive ...
edit on 28/7/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

On an almost daily basis they express their desire to commit genocide and see a nuclear weapon as a means to achieve this.

This is quite a bold claim. Can you provide evidence to support such a claim?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Don't blame them
Sanctions and all that, they need to be able to feed themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by trysts

I don't see the humor in it. What part do you find silly?

Maybe it's your idiotic "thought" about the people of Iran wanting a genocide?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Due to continued sanctions, Iran's rial has plummeted. This will cause hyperinflation if left unchecked. During hyperinflationary times, simple shelter, food, and utilities can cost more than the average person makes. This could be a sort of insurance against that.
After Iranian banks blacklisted by the EU were disconnected from the SWIFT banking network, Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz stated that Iran would now find it more difficult to export oil and import products. According to Steinitz, Iran would be forced to accept only cash or gold, which is impossible when dealing with billions of dollars. Steinitz told the Israeli cabinet that Iran's economy might collapse as a result.[

Edit: Yet another "crazy" dictator not caring about his people! No...wait...
edit on 28-7-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'm assuming that you have sources to back all this up? Or is this just a "gut" feeling after being spoonfed so much propaganda? Too bad they don't make Tums for that sort of gut feeling.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

First, I definitely think it's important to distinguish between the Iranian regime and the majority of it's people. So, do you deny that the leaders of Iran call for the global caliphate, the conversion of all infidels through the word (except for jews because they feel they should all be exterminated) or by the sword and the ushering in of the 12th imam? Do your own research and you will find countless examples of these very claims being made on video by the regime itself. Oh, and I am quite grown, by the way. Thank you

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

With all due respect, I've done my homework. I'm not going to do yours as well. A plethora of material exists on the topic ,including but not limited to, countless speeches and interviews with regime figures expressing, on video and in their own words, what I have stated above. I'm not a "gut feeling" kinda guy. I'm not really endorsing all of the U.S.'s actions in regard to Iran nor am I endorsing a strike at the moment but I do believe the things I've stated about the regime are factual and well documented. So, you disagree with me? Cool, good for you for thinking for yourself and coming to your own conclusions. Thanks for the reply

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Probably has more to do with the US drought and knowing food prices will be skyrocketing for them and everyone else.
edit on 28-7-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join