It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Drama on the High Seas Could Spark a U.S-Iran War by Accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
A recent incident speaking the death of several Indian fishermen shows how easily Iran and the U.S. could slip into a conflict neither wants but may find hard to avoid because of the closeness of ships in the Persian Gulf. US and Iranian forces come very close to each other in open waters. A minor incident, a wrong move or miscalculation, could spark a major war, with many dead. Can the US and Iran stop this? Let's hope so..who wants a 4 war in the Middle East for the US in 11 years!

thediplomat.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by travis911

I'm sorry, but you must be living in another dimension than I if you think that the U.S. could accidentally invade a sovereign nation.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I don't think travis911 is talking about accidental invasion at all, I think he speaks of an International Incident on the high Seas. With all those juicy Navy ships sitting out there, it is only a matter of time before some would be terrorist tries something. Everyone remember the USS Cole?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by trysts

I don't think travis911 is talking about accidental invasion at all, I think he speaks of an International Incident on the high Seas. With all those juicy Navy ships sitting out there, it is only a matter of time before some would be terrorist tries something. Everyone remember the USS Cole?

I can read the title of the thread, autowrench. If you wish to believe in whatever propaganda the State Department will adopt if the U.S. does invade Iran, then I'm sure you'll be just as confused as the OP.

new topics

top topics

join