It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator Drones to Start Operations Over North Dakota

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Predator Drones to Start Operations Over North Dakota

The FAA has authorized the use of remote-controlled Predator drones in the airspace above nearly 10,000 acres in North Dakota.

As of this fall, unmanned military aircraft will use lasers to aim at ground targets from nearly 2 miles above the earth. Grand Forks, North Dakota — the third largest city in the state — will host a domestic training facility for the military’s unmanned aerial vehicles starting in October. Several times a week pilots will remotely guide robotic drones through the sky at altitudes as high of 9,999 feet above sea level and zone in on ground targets with the use of dangerous lasers.

The whole spying aspect is the major meat and potatoes on the issue of Drones as has been discussed daily here on ATS. We have already read a few stories of Drones interfering with the flight paths of commercial planes.

And yet for me personally, this really is the first time I have paid attention to these powerful lasers also equipped on these boys.

“Since the MQ–1 Predator [UAS] laser is non-eye safe and will be used during training sorties flown by the military, its use constitutes a hazardous activity that must be confined within restricted area airspace to protect nonparticipating aircraft,” the latest FAA regulations read.

Everything about Drones flying over American citizens is wrong, unsafe and a stampede on individual privacy and freedoms.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Look on the bright side - we don't need to go clay shooting or duck hunting anymore, well be provided with free targets all the time!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I wonder how long until one of those gets hacked and used against them...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just an FYI, they are already being used here in ND. In fact I saw one a couple days ago, flying about 100-150 ft off the ground, much closer than the stated 2 miles. A quick search will tell you that law enforcement is already using them here. The drone I saw was definitely military style, I knew something was up when I saw it. NOW the news comes out. This isn't happening in October, it's happening right now.

The article states that they will be doing this in and around the Grand Forks area. Why then am I seeing this on the opposite side of the state?
edit on 7/28/2012 by SweetKarma because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

S/F op..

I will let you in a secret. If The American People don't do something right now and get this Government out we are finished within a year. I wonder if we have allowed too much for too long with these traitors in Washington.The Chinese have already been given all the room they need to march in and help with the "Clean Up"
P.S. It's amazing but threads about The Constitution or like this one that are going to directly effect your life and freedom, people let um fall off the page. Kinda makes me wonder who is reading this ?

www.heavencanbefound.com...
edit on 28-7-2012 by CherubBaby because: added txt

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
At least a few of us are actually concerned about this. When the article at hand states on record that over 30,000 of these are going to be in our skies by the end of the decade, that is cause for major concern. You're average citizen should be outraged beating down political doors about the drones over their backyard, yet as of now its obviously not a pressing issue for conditioned masses.

Further digging. I found this article. High anxiety on the Hill about civilian drone use

Congress an DHS are working together to get mandates in ahead of time. Why you ask?

Because by 2015 the drones will be available for public use and that seems to be really scary for the powers that be.

“We are on the edge of a new horizon,” said Rep. Michael T. McCaul, Texas Republican and subcommittee chairman. “The Department of Homeland Security’s mission is to protect the homeland. It should not take a 9/11-style attack by a terrorist organization to cause DHS to develop guidance on the security implications of domestic drones.”

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
In other words we are the the only ones that should have them, the people would be too dangerous with em.....
Bah!
These things are absolutely unconstitutional, along with long flying blimps and even sun powered aircraft that will fly at highest of atitudes, and seldom land....they just cruise around taking pictures all day and night for months.
We have a right to privacy.....and its fast being swept away by goverment intrusive technology.

edit on 29-7-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

These suckers are going to be all over and the next step will be armed ones............y'all don't see that inch by inch where this $%*! is leading us????

Now North Dakota.

Last week it was Austin Texas I believe.

I say if you see one, shoot the sucker down.

Shoot the cameras.

Cameras and snooping everywhere but where they should be.

Where were the cameras when Monica and Bill were getting it on in the Oval Office????

Where are the drones and cameras at Bohemian Grove or in the Federal Reserve?????

Well like I say, we all not unite and rebel this tyranny will only progress.

Two choices

Serve on your knees or fight and die on your feet.

No in between.

This, in my opinion has gone too far already with the scanners, cameras, bugs, snoopers, gropers, drones, police now looking like military soldiers.................y'all don't see the cattle cars coming for you and your children yet or you would not be keyboarding and working - you would be rebelling and trying to overthrow this corporate dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You said it CherubBaby -

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Should have shot the sucker down.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nonono

Now there is a good idea............any hackers out there paying attention?????

That's even better than shooting these suckers down.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Had to laugh MAO..................Was thinking the same thing.

top topics

join