It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Never Actually Deleted That Street View Breach Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yet another reason not to trust google.

Of course anyone who promises not to be evil... well need you knowmore?

Back in 2010, Google caught a bit of flak when a "rogue engineer" used Street View cars to harvest personal Wi-Fi data. Now it's poised to catch some more; Authorities in the UK found Google's been holding onto some of it for the past two years.

When the data snooping came to light back in 2010, Street View cars had already been extracting private information from insecure personal Wi-Fi networks approximately three years. According to Google, it all happened under the radar, and as soon as it found out about, it fessed up, apologized, and promised to delete all the questionable data. Turns out it didn't.

gizmodo

I won't use google anything. I don't know which is worse, A) these snooping corporations, or B) the current trend in governments that allow it and participate themselves...

I guess I'd have to choose C): all of the obove

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If you plan on not using anything having to do with Google, then you need to get rid of anything electronic in your house (wifi and RFID tags are in pretty much everything these days), board your windows up, and get in your closet. When they come out with Google Closet you will have no choice but to surrender.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A result of ignorance. There is no such thing as privacy or security it's all illusion.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Privacy for wi-fi is possible , there even is a name for that it's called password (WPA key) (long, hard to guess ones preferably). And there is another called ip filtering, Food 4 thought

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Google is everywhere on the WWW, just deal with it of stay of the Internet.
If you want to ban Google out of your life you have to ignore the T&C of this forum too.
Just don't feed them to much.

join