It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOAW !!! What a big big bone...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Whoa, That is big,

I don't know where I heard this, but I do remember a website that once said that Giants where found in mass graves and then covered up by the gov't of a country in the middle east, Cant remember if It was Saudi Arabi, Iraq, or Iran.

They said that a huge war had occured between humans and giants a long time ago.

sounds more like a fake story or just a theory.
But then again you never know.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
dragonrider -
its funny you should mention that, because in most of the debates I've seen or heard of between creationary/evolutionary geologists, the evolutionists are the ones flying off the handle. Maybe there are a whole range of people(and knowledge levels) on both "sides."

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Perhaps that war between giants and humans was a battle between some sort of tool making homonid and Gigantopithecus.

XAOS

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The bone is real, but not from a man. I believe the Bible stated that Goliath was 3 cubits tall which would make him from 8 to 9 feet tall. Big but still within the range of possibility. After all, the Bible never stated that Goliath represent any norm so maybe such an exceptional person could exist. After all, there must be a tallest man. However, judging from the photo, the giant that is being potrayed must be at least 15 feet tall. I doubt that such a man could stand upright. There are "engineering" problems to be considered. When you double the size of anything, its weight will increase by a factor of eight. Weight is equal to volume which is a cubic measure. (Remember your high school math). However the cross section of the bone increases only by a factor of four (area). Therefore the weight/cross section of bone factor decreases by 50 per cent. (Normal man: Height = 1, weight = 1, cross section bone = 1, ratio = 1, Twice Size: Height = 2, Weight = 8, cross section bone = 4, ratio = 0.5). Now the giant potrayed is about 3 times bigger than the average man, which means his weight would be around 27 times the average man (keeping all the porportions the same), however, his bone cross section would only increase by a factor of 9, meaning the weight to bone cross section would be 1/3 of the average size man. This would give the giant all sorts of problems in standing upright. People tend to forget or ignore scaling problems (such as weight increase) when considering such things. One of the favorite genre of the old grade b sci-fi films were giant insects (ants, spiders, locusts), the problem is that insects that size just won't work. I doubt that a manlike creature 15 to 20 feet just won't work, he most likely could not stand up.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Could be the bone from a variety of creatures.... And, even if giants were to be found "real" then it wouldn't prove that creationism is any more real than the story of Jack and the Beanstalk....

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The exhibits are -I believe - casts of originals (perfectly normal procedure, of course) and I suspect either an "enhanced" life-size cast of a creature made suitable for the human pelvis shown, or an "exaggerated" human bone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join