It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Northeastern Oklahoma-with pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello all,

So last night I was outside having a cigarette and star gazing (as usual) when something caught my eye. I live in Northeastern Oklahoma near Sapulpa. My place is out of town in the country with hardly any street lights so the night sky is not polluted with light. What initially caught my eye was a formation of lights I have never seen before, in real life or on any online pics/videos of a UFO. It was 3 horizontal lines of a dim off white light traveling east at a seemingly low altitude. Like this ___________
__________ ___________

I hope that turns out right, I'm not sure how to describe the formation in words. Other than the strange formation flying in the sky, the first thing I noticed was there were no directional flashing light beacons. No flashing red or white or green light, which as I understand, planes are required to have when flying at night. As I stared at this craft, astonished at what I was seeing, I fumbled my phone out of my pocket and opened my camera app. The craft had then vanished. It reappeared in the same trajectory only this time it appeared to be a bright orange ball of light, continuing to travel to the east. I snapped a few pictures of it, as it was moving rather slow, then it shot South/Southeast at an Amazing speed. I can't even describe how fast it was. Like a blink of an eye and it was gone out of sight. After examining the pics, I only ended up with one picture of it. I didn't notice any sound coming from the craft, and I apologize for the lack of reference points. For what it's worth, I think the craft was about 5 to 10 thousand feet in altitude....maybe. It's hard to tell sometimes, especially at night. I ran the picture through a photo editing app on my android and was quite impressed with what I had captured. I will put the original pic first, then each edit I did after. Original Picture
Auto-Contrast added
Auto Contrast/Infrared Filter
Auto Contrast/Infrared Filter/Thermal Filter

This was seconds before it shot off at insane speeds, the object was moving so I blame that and the android for sub par quality. The thermal filter shows that the object was putting off heat (I think) and I thought it was neat how the auto-contrast showed the stars as green or blue and the object as Red, and the infrared filter removed everything except the object. Anyway, this was my UFO sighting last night, and I was able to snap a picture of it, So It Happened!

Hopefully someone else in the area might have seen this UFO too, but here it is, what do you all think?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Shame that you didn't manage to get video. I'm originally from NE Oklahoma (Bartlesville/Copan) & growing up saw many strange objects in the early morning & late evening sky but "back in the day" video recorders weren't something Tom, Dick & Harriet had - I'm talking 70's - early 80's.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm sure it was a very exciting experience for you, but that photo shows be absolutely nothing haha. I see the reddish area you're talking about, but it was almost not even worth posting a photo with this. I don't mean to be rude or anything, I was just excited when I saw the "with pics" in the title and then the pics I witnessed were disappointing to say the least

Well I hope that someone who is qualified can help you out with the photos and verify them or something, I got no clue where to start.

Happy star gazing

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I live in west Tulsa, and my wife and I have seen strange sights in the sky. I have no doubt that you saw something as well...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

sorry for the quality,for real. But all i had was a phone,and you never have much reaction time with UFO's. And it was moving,but the shape of it is definitely interesting to say the least. Sorry Again for the low quality. Darn you android camera's!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Eh, if you hadn't got a picture at all people would have been complaining that you didn't try. At least you tried!

First picture is not very good, but probably better than my camera phone.

The filtered pictures are interesting. I like how it put the stars in green/blue and the object in red.

I have never heard about straight line ufos before. No clue what those could be. I hope someone can figure that out because I'm pretty curious and I didn't even see it. The only thing that comes to mind is some wispy low clouds that had some kind of light glaring on them, but you say you live in the middle of nowhere. That puts me out of ideas lol

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
S&F fer the great try!
The craft? was just three straight likes you say?
Could it be an effect of cloaking?
After it morphed it was fast, but the lines were slow>
Could it have been in transition when you saw it you think?
Like at the moment a plane transitions from wheels to wings.....
Or it coud have been exiting a wormhole at first.glance, then morphed to atmosphereic flight pattern......?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I actually do think it was in transition. It was dark, so I imagine the craft was different in shape with 3 straight line lights...or windows and interior lights even? When it disappeared I think it actually cloaked,and uncloaked as the fireball,which according to the pic,was "bowl" shaped,but Very luminescent.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I know it....I got a kick out of being able to say "pics,so it happened!" But....pics are indeed....never enough. Wish I would have had the good camera with me,but not just everybody carries around their 18mp Nikon when they go out for a smoke...ya know. But ur right,at least I tried.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I use to live in Sapulpa!! For about 6 months..
Moved back north.

I too saw some strange things in the night sky when I was down there. I described it to my boss the next day at work (he use to be a pilot) tried to debunk it, but when I told him it stopped, then zipped back the way it came from...

top topics

join